Very interesting "Tyrod/Trade/Option" article

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

any direction they go will hopefully be the right decision. does McD risk going with a rookie his first season? can they find a equal or better in fa? or do you stick with TT and hope he can pick up his game from last season?

my gut says they move on from TT. I mean you can use the "we're going to go over all the options" but if they were really going to keep him, it would of already been a done deal imo. you may get some trade value for him from the browns if that is the direction they go?

McD has a real challenge ahead of him regardless. no rookie is going to come in and be the next Dak although I'm sure there are some that feel watson could be the guy but how many times has college to the next level been a real successful transition for a rookie? I'm not as high on watson and you might as well just stick with TT if they were considering taking him. fa QB? who? romo? could he really make it 16 games? with his history, doubtful.

going to be real interesting and wont be long and we should have the answers we're looking for...?

Very interesting article. If the Bills can get a top ten pick for TT, it's a no-brainer, IMO. Even the #12 pick would be great. We could get someone cheaper (albeit of lesser value) in Simeon, and load up on other weapons in the draft. That way we are stockpiled. If TT is not a franchise type guy, then getting picks for him, getting an average QB in FA, drafting one and/or stockpiling and drafting one next year is a good idea. This team could make the playoffs with an average QB with an upgrade at RT and secondary (and another WR).

No team is trading for Taylor under his current deal because no team is paying the price of consequential draft picks plus $40.5M for two seasons of Taylor. On the other hand, the Bills aren't paying his option bonus and then trading him. They aren't eating that. Restructuring is unlikely to help as it's unlikely to mean less guaranteed or total compensation. There's only one exception and that's if Taylor wants out of Buffalo badly enough to take less elsewhere. I just don't see that as realistic.

I could see Cleveland trading for Tyrod. They will have to severely overpay to get a decent free agent QB, so that contract is not an impediment to them. A rookie QB has no chance of success there. 8-8 is a huge improvement for Cleveland, and Tyrod can get you that.

I get what you're saying, but it's just wishful thinking. Cleveland will not take on his current contract.

That's why there is no reason to rush this thing, play it out to the end and see what happens.

I get what you're saying, but it's just wishful thinking. Cleveland will not take on his current contract.

Cleveland has plenty of cash to absorb that contract for 2 years. it will not hurt them at all.

No team is trading for Taylor under his current deal because no team is paying the price of consequential draft picks plus $40.5M for two seasons of Taylor. On the other hand, the Bills aren't paying his option bonus and then trading him. They aren't eating that. Restructuring is unlikely to help as it's unlikely to mean less guaranteed or total compensation. There's only one exception and that's if Taylor wants out of Buffalo badly enough to take less elsewhere. I just don't see that as realistic.

This. Tyrod will either be re-structured (10:1) or released. Thats it. Browns are building a team for the future and stock piling picks like they goin out of style, they are def not in win now mode.

When I first read this:

"We’re going to exhaust every resource, every avenue, and every option available to us.”

I had two thoughts...

1. McD means what he seems to be saying - that a trade is a possibility a la the article.

2. The Bills are negotiating with Tyrod to restructure his contract. Their only leverage they have is that he wants to remain as the Bills starting QB. So they're not committing to him publicly - even if they've already secretly decided to stick with him regardless.

I lean toward #2.

In either case, McD said what he was schooled to say. His answer was not spontaneous without forethought or prior planning.

2 appears more likely, but I wouldn't mind a trade if we could pick up a couple 2s or a 1. McD was SUPER rehearsed in what he said yesterday, you're right about that. I think I heard the term "process" about 100 times between all his interviews.

This. Tyrod will either be re-structured (10:1) or released. Thats it. Browns are building a team for the future and stock piling picks like they goin out of style, they are def not in win now mode.

Disagree, you could definitely find a team willing to trade for him despite his numbers if they are desperate for a quicker bounce back time. Jets and Niners would be my top picks for that happening, thought I don't think they would trade him within the division.

Sorry the browns are not trading for the. Tat is a running back who can throw the ball. He is successful in Buffalo because he has the number 1 running game. In Cleveland , he does not have that option. He will not be successful in that offense.

2 appears more likely, but I wouldn't mind a trade if we could pick up a couple 2s or a 1. McD was SUPER rehearsed in what he said yesterday, you're right about that. I think I heard the term "process" about 100 times between all his interviews.

Disagree, you could definitely find a team willing to trade for him despite his numbers if they are desperate for a quicker bounce back time. Jets and Niners would be my top picks for that happening, thought I don't think they would trade him within the division.

You really think both of those teams would send over a 1st? I wouldnt Trade Tyrod for anything less unless im positive im gonna release him.

See: Sam Bradford

I just can't see the Bills just releasing a quality QB like Taylor without getting anything in return. I don't think it is smart to move on from Taylor but if they are not planning on having him as a our starter the Bills need to get a few high picks for him during the 2 day window.

That's why there is no reason to rush this thing, play it out to the end and see what happens.

Cleveland has plenty of cash to absorb that contract for 2 years. it will not hurt them at all.

I don't mean to be argumentative on this. I'm from Cleveland and know some people who have direct insight into the Browns organization. Could they absorb his contract? Easily. But I was told that while they are interested in him, they are not interested in his current contract."