2017 NFL combine

@salsports

Zay Jones a WR to keep an eye on for #Bills. They hired his WR coach from ECU as WR coach on their staff. Ran 4.46 this morning.

@nfldraftscout

Pat Mahomes has meetings with 49ers, Jets, Giants, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Browns, Redskins, Texans, Chargers

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@salsports

Zay Jones a WR to keep an eye on for #Bills. They hired his WR coach from ECU as WR coach on their staff. Ran 4.46 this morning.

@nfldraftscout

Pat Mahomes has meetings with 49ers, Jets, Giants, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Browns, Redskins, Texans, Chargers

Thank God.

Watching the first group of QB'S throw and you can see how uncomfortable the Spread QB'S are in their drops. Granted they are working with unfamiliar WR's, but the footwork is inconsistent. Dobbs has thrown the ball well imo. Even Trevor Knight of A&M has looked better than expected. Kizer looks like he had the strongest arm of the group, but the footwork has caused some high/low throws. Kaaya has looked decent in the underwear olympics too, but still don't want us to even consider the guy because of the game tape. Really want to see Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes. Second group is up next. 👍

Watching the first group of QB'S throw and you can see how uncomfortable the Spread QB'S are in their drops. Granted they are working with unfamiliar WR's, but the footwork is inconsistent. Dobbs has thrown the ball well imo. Even Trevor Knight of A&M has looked better than expected. Kizer looks like he had the strongest arm of the group, but the footwork has caused some high/low throws. Kaaya has looked decent in the underwear olympics too, but still don't want us to even consider the guy because of the game tape. Really want to see Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes. Second group is up next.

Which is why you need a good offensive coordinator who can create an offense that makes the spread QB comfortable while pushing them into more pro terrain.

Watching the first group of QB'S throw and you can see how uncomfortable the Spread QB'S are in their drops. Granted they are working with unfamiliar WR's, but the footwork is inconsistent. Dobbs has thrown the ball well imo. Even Trevor Knight of A&M has looked better than expected. Kizer looks like he had the strongest arm of the group, but the footwork has caused some high/low throws. Kaaya has looked decent in the underwear olympics too, but still don't want us to even consider the guy because of the game tape. Really want to see Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes. Second group is up next.

Bring on the second group....I wasn't impressed with the first group at all!

Watching the first group of QB'S throw and you can see how uncomfortable the Spread QB'S are in their drops. Granted they are working with unfamiliar WR's, but the footwork is inconsistent. Dobbs has thrown the ball well imo. Even Trevor Knight of A&M has looked better than expected. Kizer looks like he had the strongest arm of the group, but the footwork has caused some high/low throws. Kaaya has looked decent in the underwear olympics too, but still don't want us to even consider the guy because of the game tape. Really want to see Watson, Trubisky, and Mahomes. Second group is up next. 👍

Yes I'm very anxious to see these guys throw. I couldn't care less about 40 times and broad jumps with QB's.

Yes I'm very anxious to see these guys throw. I couldn't care less about 40 times and broad jumps with QB's.

I actually don't care much how they throw at the combine either--what I want to know is how they perform in interviews.

Are they students of the game? Can they think through scenarios and identify coverages on the whiteboard? Do they know which reads to eliminate pre-snap based on the play progression and coverage look?

I actually don't care much how they throw at the combine either--what I want to know is how they perform in interviews.

Are they students of the game? Can they think through scenarios and identify coverages on the whiteboard? Do they know which reads to eliminate pre-snap based on the play progression and coverage look?

I look for interviews, short area quickness and explosion. Someone like Alvin Kamara is having a big combine IMO. The feet and hips are so telling when guys go one after another. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I hope we take Watson. The game is changing little by little. I see Watson as a Mariotta type and when was the last time we drafted the most accomplished QB coming out of college? The excitement around having a guy like that in Buffalo would be a welcomed change. I realize a lot of people feel like his game won't translate to the NFL...all I know is the guy threw for monster numbers against the best defense in college football. You don't put up passing numbers against Alabama if you can't throw the football into tight spots. The bright lights of the big stage did not phase Watson and I would like to see us bring in a winner for a change.

A guy just ran a 4.22 40

I hope we take Watson. The game is changing little by little. I see Watson as a Mariotta type and when was the last time we drafted the most accomplished QB coming out of college? The excitement around having a guy like that in Buffalo would be a welcomed change. I realize a lot of people feel like his game won't translate to the NFL...all I know is the guy threw for monster numbers against the best defense in college football. You don't put up passing numbers against Alabama if you can't throw the football into tight spots. The bright lights of the big stage did not phase Watson and I would like to see us bring in a winner for a change.

A guy just ran a 4.22 40

Just saw Ross run... Holy ****..