Report Garoppolo not expected to be traded

ALF

Collins looked horrible right away (Tennesee game) and never really got much better. Bear in mind that JG has looked very good in preseason too. There is a reason why he's a hot commodity in a way that Collins never was -- most NFL people think he's good. Moreover, he didn't look good against AZ and Miami; he looked great. Did you watch those games? Both of those teams are decent to good too (and AZ is super talented - they lost like 3 games because of ST errors).

Arizona sucked big time in the beginning of the year and Miami was one of the few teams that Tyrod has thrown the ball like a NFL qb. JB also played pretty decent against Houston, who was the NFL's #1 defense.

Again, I don't know if he will be good or bad. But if truly believe they will accept a 2nd or higher for him if offered.

And the true test for any qb is when your opponents get a bunch of game film of a qb. It is called the Mike Vick effect. You tear up the league and then teams find your weaknesses and expose you. JG's value will never be higher most likely.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, high second or 1st, he's gone. Seems like a report to move up his price tag. He's a backup who's played 3 games behind maybe the greatest qb ever. Trade him now before he might get exposed and you can add to Brady's window, sadly.

Exactly.

Arizona sucked big time in the beginning of the year and Miami was one of the few teams that Tyrod has thrown the ball like a NFL qb. JB also played pretty decent against Houston, who was the NFL's #1 defense.

Again, I don't know if he will be good or bad. But if truly believe they will accept a 2nd or higher for him if offered.

And the true test for any qb is when your opponents get a bunch of game film of a qb. It is called the Mike Vick effect. You tear up the league and then teams find your weaknesses and expose you. JG's value will never be higher most likely.

What are you talking about? Their defense, which is the issue here, played extremely well early in the season. The reason the Bills scored a bunch of points was because of ST gaffes (the Cards had 25 first downs to the Bills measly 16). The Bills had under 300 total yards and were 4-13 on third down conversions - which ain't great. In their other games, they gave up 23, 7, 17, 21, 3, and 6 points. Christ, man. In their first seven games, they gave up an average of 289.6 ypg, and the Pats with Garrapolo had 363. The next best team had 306, and the other 5 teams all had under 300. Check out pro-football-reference before making such claims. They finished #2 overall in yards allowed, and it's not like they got better later in the season.

Edited by dave mcbride

What are you talking about? Their defense, which is the issue here, played extremely well early in the season. The reason the Bills scored a bunch of points was because of ST gaffes (the Cards had 25 first downs to the Bills measly 16). The Bills had under 300 total yards and were 4-13 on third down conversions - which ain't great. In their other games, they gave up 23, 7, 17, 21, 3, and 6 points. Christ, man. In their first seven games, they gave up an average of 289.6 ypg, and the Pats with Garrapolo had 363. The next best team had 306, and the other 5 teams all had under 300. Check out pro-football-reference before making such claims. They finished #2 overall in yards allowed, and it's not like they got better later in the season.

They gave up 30 points 6 times this year. They played super offenses like the Rams and 49ers. They were better than I remember but settle down. This guy played 3 games.

Again, I don't know how good he will be but it sees like you certainly have a crush. :)

You're avoiding the evidence i presented about how they played early in the season and their yardagr totals. You also don't mention their talent on d which is real. Most importantly, they were freaking THIRD overall in defensive DVOA. Check out FO.

Fine. You win. The cardinals defense was amazing.

And here's one for you from not too long ago. In his second start, this qb drove his team for a come from behind W, passing for nearly 300 yards against the #2 defense in the NFL that season. This player's name: EJ Manuel.

Like I said, 3 games really means nothing. And Dave, like I said earlier, I have no idea if he's good or not. I just can't stand the knee jerk (either way) to every game a qb plays. Honestly, I won't mind if the Bills traded a 2nd or possibly swapped 1sts for him since we can't ruin his development by giving him a former Rutgers coach as his rookie year OC and QB coach.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Pats arent looking to deal the former second-rounder:

In a move that will have a ripple effect on all QB-needy teams, Patriots are not expected to trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo, per league sources.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/03/01/patriots-not-expected-to-trade-backup-qb-jimmy-garoppolo/

A) trying to stoke the market, raise the price

B) realized they can play the back up QB for the first quarter of the season and still win the super bowl, so just keep em

C) Brady may retire someday after all

D) he doesn't suck and they know it

Belichick is punishing the NFL for not throwing their first round picks at his feet for Jimmy G. He's taking his QB and going home.

Rob Johnson was amazing in his one start for the Jags.

:lol::lol:

Also the Pats system. Thats why all back ups look decent in NE but after they leave, its a count down to ABC chants.

If true, they weren't getting the 1st round offers they were expecting. No surprise.

I wouldnt give up a 3rd.

any team that touches jeanne is a fool. hes had two years to study and practice in the most mature offensive system in the nfl by A LOT, perhaps one of the most mature offenses in nfl history. my mom could be an efficient passer if she two seasons in that system with those guys. hes gonna go someplace else and pull a cassel

no need to just give the cheaters free picks when their golden girl is a couple away from finally leaving that horseshoe up their ass organization and they return to being the crap team they were before she magically floated into their undeserving laps

That part.

@marcsesslerNFL

.@MikeGarafolo: Patriots would 'probably need a first-round pick this year and next year' to get Belichick thinking about a Garoppolo trade.

2.5 games...

Is that counting pre-season?