Report Garoppolo not expected to be traded

ALF

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Pats aren’t looking to deal the former second-rounder:
In a move that will have a ripple effect on all QB-needy teams, Patriots are not expected to trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo, per league sources.

Not surprising...I have no idea why you'd trade a guy that is a very capable backup and is playing for peanuts.

I think that the Pats just may see Janeane Garofalo as their future. Brady may have another 2 years in him, tops, imo. I think they were impressed enough early last year to want to hold onto her.

@AdamSchefter

In a move that will have a ripple effect on all QB-needy teams, Patriots are not expected to trade QB Jimmy Garoppolo, per league sources.

@mlombardiNFL

michael lombardi Retweeted Adam Schefter

This is not about increasing his value, this is the player being good, really good.

Haha. This is completely about increasing his value. Lombardi is in love with Belichick. He wants to be his SWM.

Haha. This is completely about increasing his value. Lombardi is in love with Belichick. He wants to be his SWM.

I think you're wrong here. All players are susceptible to injury and decline, and QB is the most important position. From a team building and quality maintenance perspective, It only makes logical sense to keep a QB that you think is good (and he is good). This isn't Ryan Mallett we're talking about.

I always that the JG trade ideas being floated never made a lick of sense, and it seems that the rest of the world is coming to that realization.

I think that the Pats just may see Janeane Garofalo as their future. Brady may have another 2 years in him, tops, imo. I think they were impressed enough early last year to want to hold onto her.

He's a good player. If you watched the first couple of games, that was pretty evident.

Belichick is punishing the NFL for not throwing their first round picks at his feet for Jimmy G. He's taking his QB and going home.

Rob Johnson was amazing in his one start for the Jags.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think you're wrong here. All players are susceptible to injury and decline, and QB is the most important position. From a team building and quality maintenance perspective, It only makes logical sense to keep a QB that you think is good (and he is good). This isn't Ryan Mallett we're talking about.

I always that the JG trade ideas being floated never made a lick of sense, and it seems that the rest of the world is coming to that realization.

He's a good player. If you watched the first couple of games, that was pretty evident.

How do we know he's not Ryan Mallett or Matt Cassell or Matt Flynn or Scott Mitchell or Rob Johnson? Because he looked good in 3 games?

I'm not going to pretend to act like I know what kind of qb he will be but we also shouldn't pretend like this guy is a sure fire all pro either. I realize the risk but I would want to get every ounce out of the Brady run. They can always draft and develop another qb but there are zero guarantees after Brady retires. Just remember it wasn't long ago that Todd Collins was a second pick and heir apparent to a hall of fame qb. So if you. An beef up the line or get another wr for Brady, you should trade JG.

Belichick is punishing the NFL for not throwing their first round picks at his feet for Jimmy G. He's taking his QB and going home.

It's amazing how quickly people want to anoint qbs as being good or bad. He played in three games and got hurt. Maybe he will be the greatest ever but what's that percentage? If they were getting a high pick, he'd be gone. The Pats trade or get rid of any player if they feel they can improve their team.

How do we know he's not Ryan Mallett or Matt Cassell or Matt Flynn or Scott Mitchell or Rob Johnson? Because he looked good in 3 games?

I'm not going to pretend to act like I know what kind of qb he will be but we also shouldn't pretend like this guy is a sure fire all pro either. I realize the risk but I would want to get every ounce out of the Brady run. They can always draft and develop another qb but there are zero guarantees after Brady retires. Just remember it wasn't long ago that Todd Collins was a second pick and heir apparent to a hall of fame qb. So if you. An beef up the line or get another wr for Brady, you should trade JG.

It's amazing how quickly people want to anoint qbs as being good or bad. He played in three games and got hurt. Maybe he will be the greatest ever but what's that percentage? If they were getting a high pick, he'd be gone. The Pats trade or get rid of any player if they feel they can improve their team.

Collins looked horrible right away (Tennesee game) and never really got much better. Bear in mind that JG has looked very good in preseason too. There is a reason why he's a hot commodity in a way that Collins never was -- most NFL people think he's good. Moreover, he didn't look good against AZ and Miami; he looked great. Did you watch those games? Both of those teams are decent to good too (and AZ is super talented - they lost like 3 games because of ST errors).

Edited by dave mcbride

damn i was thinking the same thing...and how excited all of us dummies were when the bills traded their dignity for him

Colin Kaepernick not expected to be back in SF just reported also

Kaepernick is set to be a free agent and is free to sign with any team after opting out of his contract with the 49ers

Not that great a QB and a PR nightmare for whatever team picks him up and their sales/marketing dept.

@AdamSchefter

@mlombardiNFL

michael lombardi Retweeted Adam Schefter

This is not about increasing his value, this is the player being good, really good.

Nope, none of that. Pats can't find a taker for Jimmy G at the price they want. They were the ones floating the rumor about him commanding a 1st and 2nd initially. They floated the smoke not anyone else. Given the history of pats backup QBs, and Jimmy G already seen as being "fragile" doesn't warrant a high 1st round pick. Maybe the 30th pick. Not Brown's 1st. If Browns go for it, they are suckers like Nets were, and it's bad for NFL just like Celtics Nets trade is bad for NBA.

any team that touches jeanne is a fool. hes had two years to study and practice in the most mature offensive system in the nfl by A LOT, perhaps one of the most mature offenses in nfl history. my mom could be an efficient passer if she two seasons in that system with those guys. hes gonna go someplace else and pull a cassel

no need to just give the cheaters free picks when their golden girl is a couple away from finally leaving that horseshoe up their ass organization and they return to being the crap team they were before she magically floated into their undeserving laps