Unintended Leak of Tyrod's Future??

theesir

Had a long day of work and had to write some songs when I got home so Im late on this....but

this ones for you Ryan L Breh!! 7-9 4Life!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdgCajndgNw

and 4 the other 2 of ya

giphy.gif

If the Bills pay a bridge QB 30 million then get on board for a few more Dick Jauron years. 6-7 wins against the worst teams while we get smoked against the real teams.

This town loves mediocrity. Imagine if Tyrod had long flowing hair and a Polish last name.

Huge mistake. What a shame.

I've caught zero L's. You can ask my secretary for an appointment to open up talks about L's If Tyrod can accumulate 9 wins.

Draft a stud like Watson or Trubisky to bail him out by week 8 and I'll sit through the losses.

Edited by Marty McFly

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and me been saying this since the season ended. WE NEED A NEW KICKER. HOW IS IT THAT MOST OTHER TEAMS KICKERS ARE AUTOMATIC? And when Carp kicks its like McKelven returning a fumble, you have/hate to watch cuz u never know how its gonna turn out.

I have said even during the season before that. Theres a reason he was dropped by the Dolphins, his first year in Buffalo was more of an anomaly, but all I heard was how the coaches were ruining him by bringing in competition and looking at other kickers, or he was injured, or just in a funk, etc.

This is the smart move

It ain't that simple. Maybe it is and maybe it isn't.

Depends a lot on how they re-structured or re-negotiated. If they did what Tyrod's camp said was all they were willing to do and are giving him the same amount of guarantees but shifting the burden down the road a bit it's likely not the smart move. Not unless Tyrod improves a whole lot and becomes the franchise QB we've all been hoping for. It would basically mean that our salary cap troubles are pretty much here to stay for the next two or three years.

But if they actually cut back on some of the guarantee and made it more reasonably affordable to keep Tyrod for the couple of years that seem to be the likely length of his stay - again, unless he makes those big improvements - then it could indeed make a lot of sense.

We'll know when we see if this is actually true - people here are beliving it because they want to - and how reasonable the new contract is.

Even if the guy is not an agent I find the report credible. If you had just made 30 million you'd likely need a financial advisor.

Not one stupid enough to tweet something confidential, I wouldn't.

Edited by Thurman#1

26pts per game - get a defense !!!

26 points per game, mostly from the run game.

Again, points per game is a stat for the whole offense and with a major defense and STs component. Again, 29 running TDs, 3 defensive TDs and 17 passing TDs, in a league in which not a single other team had more running TDs than passing TDs.

Get a defense and a passing game.

Again, points per game is a stat for the whole offense and with a major defense and STs component. Again, 29 running TDs, 3 defensive TDs and 17 passing TDs, in a league in which not a single other team had more running TDs than passing TDs.

A couple of things.....

How many of those running TDs was TT running it in? Does he get credit for those?

If is 29 running tds.....and 17 passing tds....then its not "mostly" from the running game....its more from the running game (which TT was a part of) then it was from the passing game.

And......whether you like it or not TT DID facilitate that offense so yes he deserves credit for that.

I will tell you what TT should take NO credit for....that is the points that the defense gave up which was horrid

A couple of things.....

How many of those running TDs was TT running it in? Does he get credit for those?

If is 29 running tds.....and 17 passing tds....then its not "mostly" from the running game....its more from the running game (which TT was a part of) then it was from the passing game.

And......whether you like it or not TT DID facilitate that offense so yes he deserves credit for that.

I will tell you what TT should take NO credit for....that is the points that the defense gave up which was horrid

17 passing TDs and 6 rushing TDs = 23 TDs for TT.

23 rushing TDs from the rbs.

You and me been saying this since the season ended. WE NEED A NEW KICKER. HOW IS IT THAT MOST OTHER TEAMS KICKERS ARE AUTOMATIC? And when Carp kicks its like McKelven returning a fumble, you have/hate to watch cuz u never know how its gonna turn out.

Most other teams kickers are NOT automatic. Simple stat check shows that.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/leaders.htm#

Field Goal %
1. Kai Forbath • MIN 100.000%
2. Justin Tucker • BAL 97.436%
3. Matt Bryant • ATL 91.892%
4. Josh Brown • NYG 91.667%
Ryan Succop • TEN 91.667%
6. Steven Hauschka • SEA 89.189%
7. Cairo Santos • KAN 88.571%
8. Nick Folk • NYJ 87.097%
Adam Vinatieri • IND 87.097%
10. Mason Crosby • GNB 86.667%
Edited by Koolaid

And Tyrod was a part of that offense.

I know you disagree but many of us feel Tyrod was an important element in our rushing attack. Personally, I think there was something magical in the combined alchemy of Roman's play designs, Lynn's run calls, Shady's running skills, and Tyrod's dynamism. That mixture put up a lot of points, despite the frustrating inconsistencies of the aerial attack.

Even when Tyrod wasn't actually running the ball, his mere presence forced outside defenders to play contain and made all defenders a tad more tentative. Shady enjoyed the best ypc of his career partly because of Tyrod.

Tyrod's below-average passing skills combined with his extraordinary running skills and his good leadership make him an average - if unconventional - QB.

I'd rather have an average-ish Tyrod than the journeyman bums who are available on the free agent market. And I'm not confident any of the college QBs coming out are Day One starters.

Terrence McKelvey is a financial advisor for many NFL Players and does talks for many teams. He just posted this on Twitter and then deleted it a few minutes later...

Guess Who's Staying with Buffalo!! @tyrodTaylor

It had a picture of him with an arm around Tyrod. I have a screen cap, but can't figure out how to post the picture.

At the Hilton?

Metz, you became a "realist" 3 months after being a second away of proclaiming TT Russell Wilson. Revisionist history, population you bro.

Metz has definitely downgraded his view on Tyrod over the course of the year.... but that isn't a bad thing is it? He has watched the games and concluded that Tyrod probably isn't as good as he maybe thought he could be after his 1st year as a starter. I think a few of us were cautiously optimistic after year 1 and less so after year 2. I don't think Tyrod is ever going to be the guy, but he will start in a league so starved of talent. The question is I think what is his true value as a starter..... I don't think it is the $20m a year for 2 years that his current Bills contract essentially becomes if they take up the option.

Taylor will be an expensive bridge . I would have preferred making Rick Wagner a offer he can't refuse at RT jmo

Brian Hoyer is a pretty good quarterback. Not a good backup quarterback, a good starting quarterback.
It's also not like the Bills would be making an even swap by adding Hoyer and getting rid of Tyrod Taylor. Hoyer's price tag will come at a much more reasonable rate, probably around 5-7 million per year on a one or two year deal. This will allow Buffalo to sign ( or re-sign) a solid to above average starter with the additional cap room.
Edited by ALF

I'm a middle of the road Tyrod guy. He didn't progress year one to year two like I hoped but he was also throwing to street free agents and a hurt Sammy. Draft Davis Rd 1, hope Sammy is healthy and sign a NDA slot receiver and see what happens. Then draft a QB every year in Rd 3-5 until you find your Prescott of Wilson, because drafting one in Rd one has about a 15℅ chance of becoming a franchise qb and an 85℅ chance of being tyrod Taylor or worse. This draft is deep TE, I'd take one in the 2nd Rd if mahones is gone. Double down on O - get your RT, LB, CB and safety in UFA and draft one of those positions in Rd 3.

Edited by turbo044