Unintended Leak of Tyrod's Future??

theesir

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are saying YOU did NOT know what automatic meant before or exaggerated because you were not confident of your position then?

chill out Kooly.

The stats support what you said but stats are also misleading, living in Jersey I watch a lot of other games too.

It seems that Carp is always a coin flip to make the FG. If you watch some of the other teams play youll see the same. I think its cuz Carp misses the ones we really need, consistently.

The fact that I'm not shocked upsets me more than the fact that the Bills are throwing money at a sub-par QB.

If this turns out to be true, it will be the first time I'll say that it's time for Doug Whaley to go. I've been a big fan of his since he joined the team and I think he's done a fine job as GM.

But this - if true - is simply stupid.

Bring on 4-12.

Na... 7-9 8-8 again

I think the whole idea of this "Tyrod fanboy" you speak of is a classic strawman, created by a handful of posters on here. Case and point, I myself have been accused of being a fanboy but what I am, in actuality, is a realist. Tyrod Taylor is definitively a starting caliber NFL QB. If he doesn't start for us, he's starting for someone else. He's probably around the 20-25th best QB in the whole world. While he is frustratingly slow with his progressions and often times needs to get rid of the damn ball, he is also fairly accurate, avoids the big mistake (really any mistakes), he's the most dynamic running QB in the league and he's proven that he can put points on the board. That's what he is. Has he hit his ceiling? I don't know, maybe. But it's a fair argument to question whether or not they're gonna do any better right now. And to be honest, I'm not sure there's many posters out there who are any higher on him than that. So let me ask you this: am I a fanboy?

And I agree with you about him not picking apart defenses and coming back from two TD's but I totally disagree with you about us being mediocre with him or as a result of him. I think everyone on this website would agree that we would have ended our playoff drought by now if we had the 2013-14 defenses the last two seasons. I think Rex damaged this defense more than maybe you realize.

Nice post. No you arent a fan boy but damn man. Would have been sweet to use that money to get a safety or 2. A wide receiver. A Right tackle. A corner? Now we cant sogn Z Brown. I was hoping to fill some holes with a proven veteran. Now we have to lean so heavily on the draft. Yeah Tyrod's about 20 or so. And I expect him to lead us to 8 - 8 again. I personally would rather have a rookie get us to 5-11 and we can watch him grow before a 27 hear old vet takes us to 8 wins. Its not a crusade. Its just my personal preference.

I do not have a problem with that. My issue is they are patched back together afterwards.

Thats exactly what I was trying to articulate. A changing defense needs PLENTY of new personnel. No wr outside of watkins and listenbee on the roster. How can we afford to pay Tyrod. And not suffer greatly elsewhere

Never trust the Bills to do the right thing. Marketing and Brandon will want to keep Tyrod.

No, it would be the exact opposite. From a marketing standpoint they'd hope for DeShaun Watson. The football people are the ones that would want to keep Tyrod (if he is kept). What's new sells, not a guy that 30% (or whatever the number is) of the fan base wants to replace.

No, it would be the exact opposite. From a marketing standpoint they'd hope for DeShaun Watson. The football people are the ones that would want to keep Tyrod (if he is kept). What's new sells, not a guy that 30% (or whatever the number is) of the fan base wants to replace.

No, Tyrod is the clear favorite for fans of mediocrity. Which appears to be a clear majority of Bills fans on this board. Don't take away my bottom 5 QB or else I won't renew my seasons!

Never trust the Bills to do the right thing. Marketing and Brandon will want to keep Tyrod.

You can say the Bills make the wrong choices at times but it's hilarious how much people act like they are doing it for marketing. Like they are just trying to exploit the Silicone Valley of WNY for tons of cash.

If they chose a qb and let Taylor go, it is purely a football decision. It may be a wrong one but marketing won't be the reason. People haven't stopped going to games in 15 years and it's like the cheapest ticket in the NFL.

No, Tyrod is the clear favorite for fans of mediocrity. Which appears to be a clear majority of Bills fans on this board. Don't take away my bottom 5 QB or else I won't renew my seasons!

While you seem to be a fan of betting the season on an unknown.

While you seem to be a fan of betting the season on an unknown.

No, I already "know" we aren't going anywhere. This is a failed group of players that needs a heavy infusion of talent and 2 great drafts for us to be able to compete. Did you watch this team come up small in every big game last year? That's hard to do.

Edited by jeffismagic

It's the opposite. You need to trust me on this. It is what I did for a living for 8 seasons. You sell hope, optimism and what's next in sports. Nothing is better for sales than a shiny new player.

You can say the Bills make the wrong choices at times but it's hilarious how much people act like they are doing it for marketing. Like they are just trying to exploit the Silicone Valley of WNY for tons of cash.

If they chose a qb and let Taylor go, it is purely a football decision. It may be a wrong one but marketing won't be the reason. People haven't stopped going to games in 15 years and it's like the cheapest ticket in the NFL.

...and this

You are dead on C Biscuit. Every decision is made with the intent of winning. It doesn't mean that they are all the right decisions but they aren't making decisions on dealing a few tickets. The Bills would be INCREDIBLY profitable if they sold zero tickets. It's a drop in the bucket regarding NFL revenue.

No, I already "know" we aren't going anywhere. This is a failed group of players that needs a heavy infusion of talent and 2 great drafts for us to be able to compete. Did you watch this team come up small in every big game last year? That's hard to do.

At least you used the quotes correctly - by saying you "know" you're actually acknowledging that you don't know, so well done!

Edited by Heitz

So you "know" a team with the #1 rushing attack, #7 in scoring until they tanked the last week, and a once-great defense that is mostly intact, is done?

Aw man - god forbid we go 3-13 instead of 7-9 or 8-8. We might actually have a shot at a legitimate QB.

I don't understand why this team is so afraid of bottoming out. Mediocrity is worse than a rebuild, in my opinion. It's like they think not being 32nd in the league is some sort of victory.

By bottoming out - you have a chance to move forward. Tyrod staying will keep us in the middle. Where we've been for well over a decade.

Edited by BillsFanForever19