Get Rid of 1 To get 5 or More !!

T master

There is a ton of talk on who to keep, who to let go, who to draft, who's to old, how much their cap hit will be .

Well this is my scenario on a lot of things floating around One Bills Drive .

The Bills have a bunch of players that they would like to stick around & only so much $$ to keep them. There has been a lot of talk lately about Kyle W. & his impending future with the Bills. Is he worth the hit, will he take a pay cut ? Then there is the Gilmore/Tyrod talk .

I have a idea ... If the Bills trade one of their best players due to the situation he has aloud himself to get in they will not have to worry if he screws up & save a ton of cash !!

Marcel Darius has screwed up enough to make him self expendable at the perfect time . There are teams not in the Bills conference (such as SF) that would pay Darius because they need a guy like him & would be willing to take on the liability of weather he screws up again or not.

If he does (from what i understand) he is facing a 10 game suspension, so i say trade him to another team, get rid of his contract, the worry that he will screw up & get a couple of draft picks while doing so !!

Sure he might be a good guy & a good player but he has screwed up enough for the rest of the team to have to pay for him being suspended .

Plus if they were to do that then they would have the $$ to keep Gilmore a squeaky clean guy & pay Tyrod plus get a couple of really good draft picks in this years draft to replace Marcel especially seeing as this years draft is defense

heavy ..

Then there is the thought that Mcdermit may have some other players that he coached elsewhere that would be able to follow him & make the Bills that much better !!

Get rid of one & get 5 in return . What you think Bills fans ???

There is a ton of talk on who to keep, who to let go, who to draft, who's to old, how much their cap hit will be .

The Bills have a bunch of players that they would like to stick around & only so much $$ to keep them. There has been a lot of talk lately about Kyle W. & his impending future with the Bills. Is he worth the hit, will he take a pay cut ? Then there is the Gilmore/Tyrod talk .

I have a idea ... If the Bills trade one of their best players due to the situation he has aloud himself to get in they will not have to worry if he screws up & save a ton of cash !!

Marcel Darius has screwed up enough to make him self expendable at the perfect time . There are teams not in the Bills conference (such as SF) that would pay Darius because they need a guy like him & would be willing to take on the liability of weather he screws up again or not.

If he does (from what i understand) he is facing a 10 game suspension, so i say trade him to another team, get rid of his contract, the worry that he will screw up & get a couple of draft picks while doing so !!

Sure he might be a good guy & a good player but he has screwed up enough for the rest of the team to have to pay for him being suspended .

Plus if they were to do that then they would have the $$ to keep Gilmore a squeaky clean guy & pay Tyrod plus get a couple of really good draft picks in this years draft to replace Marcel especially seeing as this years draft is defense

heavy ..

Then there is the thought that Mcdermit may have some other players that he coached elsewhere that would be able to follow him & make the Bills that much better !!

Do you even realize how much dead cap this would create? Its a nice thought....but it ends there

$32.7 million in dead money. Stop.

If they cut him in 2018, their net savings are...wait for it...$25,000.

It is not in any way financially feasible to get rid of Dareus until at least after the 2018 season. And even then, it's a dead cap hit of $7.8 million with a savings of about $10.1 million.

Edited by JM57

heavy ..

If you believe Dareus has "screwed up enough" then why would any team trade for him or provide anything of value for him

if they did? As you say, he's a good player. The Bills need to put him at DT and let him attack. And the salary cap won't allow

the Bills to trade him if they wanted to. The cap hit would be too prohibitive.

heavy ..

keeping two of our own that we could keep anyway and getting someone from McDs past wont cost much either so that is 3 players that we could obtain without trading Dareus. So that is two players we could get, question is who or are we going for picks?

Also Trading him would be a huge cap hit and he is a great player (when he is playing). Now I grant you if he gets suspended again that is a gigantic loss but makes him harder to trade and would give us less value in return.

Unless we Trade for Aaron Rodgers or other great QB, no way and not happening.

$20.6M in dead money if traded. That's actually $4.2M more in 2017 than if he would be kept. (Note that cutting him would result in even more dead money because of future guaranteed salary.) Also no other team will give up much value for a highly paid player who's one screw up away from a huge suspension. So, other than that......

Edited by BarleyNY