Raekwon McMillan a good fit in Buffalo?

cover1

Per my avatar, this is very relevant to my interests.

I couldn't help myself lol

By inheriting a team with a strong front 7 and drafting nothing but front 7, Rex left us with needs at......front 7.

Cuz Rex Sux.

Wow, mind blown haha

Raekwon is a great person, college player, team captain, and a fine Buckeye. As a 5 star recruit I always thought he was a bit overrated. I expected a little more though he had some great performances. Chris Worley is moving to MLB to take his place and he's much more athletic as a guy who converted from safety early on. His coverage skills are very strong. Raekwon wasn't asked to do much of that because of how fast the other LBs were. For the Bills I think Raekwon is a value pick in the 3rd or later, but with the strength of this draft I wouldn't take him in the first two rounds. For another team who really needs LBs like Miami or Indy, it might make sense. I actually think he's similar to Ragland.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is a good summary on Raekwon. I think another team will take him in the 2nd because that will be his grade and teams need LBs. Bills will have bigger needs in 1st 2 rounds considering he's not the absolute ideal stud LB for McD (I.e. Reuben Foster). Jmo.

http://dynastyfootballfactory.com/idp-draft-profile-lb-raekwon-mcmillan-ohio-state/

Edited by YoloinOhio

I think Raekwon is on the Denzel Perryman-Reggie Ragland spectrum. A guy I'd trust to marshall the troops as a Mike but has some limitations in coverage. Keep him to easy zone assignments and you're fine.

Not really slow, per se. Not quick either but they all play fast due to instincts. I like him in the late 2nd/early 3rd range but I think we already have one of him (a better version, recovery pending) and everyone hates that guy now :D

If/when you get round to watching Jarrad Davis, Erik, then we'll talk about a potential SAM.

Edited by Blokestradamus

how is this even remotely true

squandered 2 years of kyle williams.

dareus was left to be undisciplined and acting like a fool

jerry hughes is on a milk carton

shaq lawson is TBD.

we lost several depth players in the process whilst being under the mindset that we were going to have people wanting to come play for Rex Ryan - IK Empanada was a real special guy, right?

our best linebacker under rex was manny lawson

mario williams disappeared, rex ryan didn't help look for him.

we didn't need nigel bradham cuz rex

we watched preston brown struggle and be thrown under the bus and likely too far gone

we saw a retread nobody because lorenzo alexander - a highlight - but how long can that last?

we watched talent get further squandered over and over again and now likely have to deal with relighting a fire for hughes, dareus, etc. to reign them back in.

rex ryan set this team back more than any other coach since levy.

squandered 2 years of kyle williams.

dareus was left to be undisciplined and acting like a fool

jerry hughes is on a milk carton

shaq lawson is TBD.

we lost several depth players in the process whilst being under the mindset that we were going to have people wanting to come play for Rex Ryan - IK Empanada was a real special guy, right?

our best linebacker under rex was manny lawson

mario williams disappeared, rex ryan didn't help look for him.

we didn't need nigel bradham cuz rex

we watched preston brown struggle and be thrown under the bus and likely too far gone

we saw a retread nobody because lorenzo alexander - a highlight - but how long can that last?

we watched talent get further squandered over and over again and now likely have to deal with relighting a fire for hughes, dareus, etc. to reign them back in.

rex ryan set this team back more than any other coach since levy.

i worry about this.

But i think Bills need to focus on weak side backer. and safety to compliment