The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

17 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump just ruined the media's week: 

1) stock market breaks a record 

2) he is visiting troops. 

All the stories they had lined up are now frantically being rewritten. 

The comedy never ends. 

But the market is down like 300 this am. All the TDS in the shoutbox are glowing!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

But the market is down like 300 this am. All the TDS in the shoutbox are glowing!

I do not understand this. Regardless of who the President is, I have never once hoped they would fail or harm the United States - quite the opposite in fact. I bitched when they did harm the United States but never could cheerlead for their failure. People who think like that (cheer for a President's failure) make no sense to me at all. 

• Like (+1) 7

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not understand this. Regardless of who the President is, I have never once hoped they would fail or harm the United States - quite the opposite in fact. I bitched when they did harm the United States but never could cheerlead for their failure. People who think like that (cheer for a President's failure) make no sense to me at all. 

Hey, as long as your party succeeds, everyone else can suffer.  And should suffer.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"Lock her up! Lock her up!" You are full of it

Edited by Tiberius

"Such gratuitously negative reporting undermines the credibility of the press without Mr. Trump having to say a word."

Writes the Editorial Board of The Wall Street Journal.

They are talking about the first 2 paragraphs of the Washington Post's report on Trump's trip to Iraq:
President Trump touched down Wednesday in Iraq in his first visit to a conflict zone as commander in chief, a week after announcing a victory over the Islamic State that his own Pentagon and State Department days earlier said remained incomplete.

The president’s visit to Al Asad Air Base west of Baghdad, which was shrouded in secrecy, follows months of public pressure for him to spend time with troops deployed to conflicts in the Middle East and punctuates the biggest week of turmoil the Pentagon has faced during his presidency.

In the words of the WSJ: "[C]an anyone reading those opening two sentences wonder why millions of Americans believe Donald Trump when he tells them that he can’t get a fair shake from the press?"

I'll just add that I can barely read the news these days (and I absolutely cannot watch it on TV). The negativity toward Trump is so relentless, cluttering up everything. It's crying wolf times a thousand. If anything is worth taking seriously, I'm afraid I won't be able to notice.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

President Trump touched down Wednesday in Iraq in his first visit to a conflict zone as commander in chief, a week after announcing a victory over the Islamic State that his own Pentagon and State Department days earlier said remained incomplete.

That, in particular.  "Trump went to Iraq.  By the way, Defense and State disagree that ISIS is finished."  Holy non-sequitur, Batman.  "Gratuitously negative" doesn't even begin to describe that desperate scrabbling for negativity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"Such gratuitously negative reporting undermines the credibility of the press without Mr. Trump having to say a word."

Writes the Editorial Board of The Wall Street Journal.

They are talking about the first 2 paragraphs of the Washington Post's report on Trump's trip to Iraq:

The president’s visit to Al Asad Air Base west of Baghdad, which was shrouded in secrecy, follows months of public pressure for him to spend time with troops deployed to conflicts in the Middle East and punctuates the biggest week of turmoil the Pentagon has faced during his presidency.

In the words of the WSJ: "[C]an anyone reading those opening two sentences wonder why millions of Americans believe Donald Trump when he tells them that he can’t get a fair shake from the press?"

I'll just add that I can barely read the news these days (and I absolutely cannot watch it on TV). The negativity toward Trump is so relentless, cluttering up everything. It's crying wolf times a thousand. If anything is worth taking seriously, I'm afraid I won't be able to notice.

Self inflicted! 

38 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'd like CNN to continue to pursue this story, and insist on the House to investigate. Let them alienate even more service members and their families.

i know, Trump  has so much respect for the military..it shows in his words. ( i am assuming the Military Times is not a mouthpiece for the liberal elite)

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/pentagon-congress/2018/12/27/in-iraq-visit-trump-makes-false-claim-about-military-pay-again/