The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

On 12/26/2018 at 12:08 PM, /dev/null said:

Wasn't Jay Rosen the guy who crashed TSW years ago?

You're closer than you think.

BTW, this Rosen is one of the pre eminent journalism professors

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Imagine if she worked for MSNBC or CNN and was told this? (There is some question as to whether or not this is legal in Washington DC.)

two things here

1) I was expecting to peruse her twitter timeline and find some very right leaning posts..I did not see that at all. Had some questions about the kid and Christmas presents , but that's another story

2) That being said, this is renting a room ( i am guessing in an apartment) and not an entire house or apartment.

I can see in these times where you are either all right or all wrong,, and an awful person if you think different than me..opposing views politically would be tough to live with some people. You think @westside wants me as a roomie?

You know, I am an adult and have good friends who are all in on Trump...and we have great times drinking and telling each other what idiots the other side is..to me the opposite view is fun to debate. To so many, it is just not an option to discuss with someone who does not agree with you. Hard to live with someone then

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

two things here

1) I was expecting to peruse her twitter timeline and find some very right leaning posts..I did not see that at all. Had some questions about the kid and Christmas presents , but that's another story

2) That being said, this is renting a room ( i am guessing in an apartment) and not an entire house or apartment.

I can see in these times where you are either all right or all wrong,, and an awful person if you think different than me..opposing views politically would be tough to live with some people. You think @westside wants me as a roomie?

You know, I am an adult and have good friends who are all in on Trump...and we have great times drinking and telling each other what idiots the other side is..to me the opposite view is fun to debate. To so many, it is just not an option to discuss with someone who does not agree with you. Hard to live with someone then

I pictured it as a studio apartment.

19 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Has CNN posted this video of Trump's visit yet?

they have..the troops are cheering the 10% raise Trump gave them!!!!!!.ohh whats that..its a 2.6% raise? But he said he gave them 10%.

It is offensive to lie to these guys no? Lie to CNN sure..but these folks???

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

they have..the troops are cheering the 10% raise Trump gave them!!!!!!.ohh whats that..its a 2.6% raise? But he said he gave them 10%.

Who cares. These are the guys that couldn't get accepted to college and had no other options. 

31 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

The President doesn't give raises.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The President doesn't give raises.

Tell Would be news to Teump! He told the troops he gave them a 10% raise. Course it was not even close to that  and he told them they had not had a raise in over 10 years , which is also not remotely true. 

But it I am sure his lieing to the troops will be spun as his true devotion to the military and his keeping the US safe somehow. 

6 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Tell Would be news to Teump! He told the troops he gave them a 10% raise. Course it was not even close to that  and he told them they had not had a raise in over 10 years , which is also not remotely true. 

But it I am sure his lieing to the troops will be spun as his true devotion to the military and his keeping the US safe somehow. 

Anyone who follows politics, Trump or otherwise, knows he  is full of crap much of the time.

What I find amusing is that after 8 years of Obama, the left suddenly has a problem with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Anyone who follows politics, Trump or otherwise, knows he  is full of crap much of the time.

What I find amusing is that after 8 years of Obama, the left suddenly has a problem with it.

well, as it relates to this thread and the media portrayal of Trump...dont you think his constant untruths and twisting of facts and flat out lies inspire

the press to paint him in a negative light?

16 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

What is more funny is that after 8 years of complaining about Obama .....you guys suddenly have no problem with DT

• Like (+1) 2

All you guys complaining about what Trump says disregard what he does. Obama talkedshit and performed likeshit. Trump talkshit but performs well. For only two years in office Trump has an impressive record of marking accomplishments off of his "to do list". You guys worry about orange hair and little peccadillos, I'll judge Trump on SCOTUS, trade policy, the economy, foreign affairs, immigration and as a Commander-in-Chief. Trump may sound like P.T. Barnum but he gets the trains to run on time. All you little tutu wearing snowflakes should be embarrassed for your histrionics.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

All you guys complaining about what Trump says disregard what he does. Obama talkedshit and performed likeshit. Trump talkshit but performs well. For only two years in office Trump has an impressive record of marking accomplishments off of his "to do list". You guys worry about orange hair and little peccadillos, I'll judge Trump on SCOTUS, trade policy, the economy, foreign affairs, immigration and as a Commander-in-Chief. Trump may sound like P.T. Barnum but he gets the trains to run on time. All you little tutu wearing snowflakes should be embarrassed for your histrionics.

Histrionics is all they have.  As gatorman will demonstrate when he replies to you.