Bills look more likely to keep TT - working on restructure

YoloinOhio

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you think happens to our awesome run game without TT?

If they can find a QB who can make throws that will help the running game just as much as Taylor's legs. His arm/brain hurt the passing game and rushing game, his legs are the only reason it's even a discussion. How much longer is he going to be effective running? Been lucky so far.

What do you think happens to our awesome run game without TT?

If they can find a QB who can make throws that will help the running game just as much as Taylor's legs. His arm/brain hurt the passing game and rushing game, his legs are the only reason it's even a discussion. How much longer is he going to be effective running? Been lucky so far.

Do ya'll want to hear an incredible stat?

Lesean McCoy has never been on a winning team that didn't have a top 10 passing attack.

Honestly.... I'm glad that they aren't airing all their dirty laundry anymore. We'll find out when everyone else does. As it should be.

Yes, it's a relief. Still, with blabber mouth Rex, there was news every day -even if there wasn't any news. I got used to dialing in every day for updates.

Now, I gotta scan the threads to remember our head coaches' name.. :doh:

I think that a restructure is probably moving money into the 1st 2 years of the deal. I am actually changing my tune a little on what I think that I thought. Here is what I am thinking it will look like 4 years $80M (this number is totally meaningless), $32M guaranteed with $28M guaranteed in the 1st 2 years. It will be a sliding scale too. Something like this: $8M signing bonus ($2M cap hit in each of the 4 years), $10M salary year one (fully guaranteed), $8M roster bonus in year one and $6M of his year 2 salary guaranteed.

Yes. It's all about the cap.

I just don't get reaching for a guy at 10 - if in your opinion there are several better prospects for 2018. If we want a QB next year - we should do everything we can to acquire draft capital for next year, as we'll probably have to move in front of someone to get a guy we want. We're not getting a top 2 pick next year. That's likely SF and Cleveland. I don't see either of them going after Jimmy G, because the price is too high, and his pay will be too high after the last year of his rookie deal.

1st and 2nd overall in 2018 gives you an affordable QB through 2023. Those 2 will wait - and they'll be bad in 2017. So now you're looking at BEST the 3rd best QB in a good class. D'arnold and either Allen/Rosen is gone by pick 3.

Now we also have teams like Chicago, Jax, and the Jets. One likely takes a QB this year and will "wait and see" but if any of them are below us in the standings (fairly likely IMO), then that takes the last of the big 3 out.

Even tanking is tough in this league because so many teams have similar flaws, and other massive holes. Jets are old, Chicago's lousy, Jacksonville is young and can't figure out how to win. If Jax is in the cellar again, i think they cut ties with bortles - aren't on the hook for any dead money - and add a new QB.

Doubt we had a top 10 passing in 2016.

I know, that's not what i was referring to.

If if if if if if if if.

McCoy has never had a losing season with a top 10 passing attack, either.

I appreciate your consistency in always ignoring the defenses role in a teams performance. Misguided, yet admirable.

I know, that's not what i was referring to.

I appreciate your consistency in always ignoring the defenses role in a teams performance. Misguided, yet admirable.

TT doesn't play defense. I want a better defense and a better QB.

We can talk D though, if you want.

In McCoy's winning seasons throughout his career, he's had defenses of 19th, 21st, 17th and 22nd in points allowed

Those same defense were 12th, 12th, 29th and 28th in yards allowed.

Hardly "elite" defenses.

So let's recap. McCoy with top 10 passing games? 4 winning records. McCoy with bottom half defenses? 3 winning records. McCoy without a top 10 passing game? 0 winning records.

Sup.

Edited by FireChan

I know this is futile, but I was generally curious, given how many seem to think Tyrod is incapable of success.

I'm looking at both Tyrod's 2016 season and his 'Bills career' (some argue Tyrod got worse, some argue Tyrod's weapons were missing time, so lets just do both). Doing per attempt/game/percentage stats due to various injuries, suspensions, coaching schemes, etc. across the league.

Completion percentage:

2016: Tyrod 61.7% - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

Career: Tyrod 62.6% - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

TD percentage:

2016: Tyrod 3.9% - 9 Playoff QBs ahead/3 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod 4.5% - 7 Playoff QBs ahead/5 Playoff QBs behind

INT percentage:

2016: Tyrod 1.4% - 5 Playoff QBs ahead/7 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod 1.5% - 5 Playoff QBs ahead/7 Playoff QBs behind

Yards per game:

2016: Tyrod 201.5 - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

Career: Tyrod 208.9 - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

Net Yards/Attempt:

2016: Tyrod 5.92 - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

Career: Tyrod 6.32 - 10 Playoff QBs ahead/2 Playoff QBs behind

Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt (takes into account TDs/INTs):

2016: Tyrod 6.07 - 10 Playoff QBs ahead/2 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod 6.55 - 9 Playoff QBs ahead/3 Playoff QBs behind

QB Rating:

2016: Tyrod 89.7 - 9 Playoff QBs ahead/3 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod 94.2 - 6 Playoff QBs ahead/6 Playoff QBs behind

ESPN QBR

2016: Tyrod 68.2 - 5 Playoff QBs ahead/7 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod ~68 - 5 Playoff QBs ahead/7 Playoff QBs behind

It should be noted in all of this, though, is that Tyrod is significantly more productive than other QBs on the ground, comparing his numbers to the playoff QBs there, he comes out ahead in almost every metric. Kinda wonder if adding passing + rushing for the playoff QBs and Tyrod, if there would be a significant change in rankings. (Example in total yards per game, it'd move Tyrod up at least a couple spots, just glancing at things. Same with TD%, and if you include fumbles, it'd further cement him near the top since other QBs have a bigger fumbling problem)

Conclusion: Tyrod can be a QB of a playoff caliber team, but he's not good enough to carry a team to the playoffs. If the Bills keep Tyrod, they *need* to improve on defense, to have anything close to a chance. (which anyone who actually watches games could have told you)

Edited by Dorkington

Leaks have always been an issue with the Ryan camp since his days with the Jets. He thought he got rid of his worst one when he let Pettine walk, but it looks like there were others since he brought "his guys" and also brought "his leaks".

Wasn't Kromer exposed in Chicago as a leak?

I know this is futile, but I was generally curious, given how many seem to think Tyrod is incapable of success.

I'm looking at both Tyrod's 2016 season and his 'Bills career' (some argue Tyrod got worse, some argue Tyrod's weapons were missing time, so lets just do both). Doing per attempt/game/percentage stats due to various injuries, suspensions, coaching schemes, etc. across the league.

Completion percentage:

2016: Tyrod 61.7% - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

Career: Tyrod 62.6% - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

TD percentage:

2016: Tyrod 3.9% - 9 Playoff QBs ahead/3 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod 4.5% - 7 Playoff QBs ahead/5 Playoff QBs behind

INT percentage:

2016: Tyrod 1.4% - 5 Playoff QBs ahead/7 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod 1.5% - 5 Playoff QBs ahead/7 Playoff QBs behind

Yards per game:

2016: Tyrod 201.5 - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

Career: Tyrod 208.9 - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

Net Yards/Attempt:

2016: Tyrod 5.92 - 11 Playoff QBs ahead/1 Playoff QB behind

Career: Tyrod 6.32 - 10 Playoff QBs ahead/2 Playoff QBs behind

Adjusted Net Yards/Attempt (takes into account TDs/INTs):

2016: Tyrod 6.07 - 10 Playoff QBs ahead/2 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod 6.07 - 9 Playoff QBs ahead/3 Playoff QBs behind

QB Rating:

2016: Tyrod 89.7 - 9 Playoff QBs ahead/3 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod 94.2 - 6 Playoff QBs ahead/6 Playoff QBs behind

ESPN QBR

2016: Tyrod 68.2 - 5 Playoff QBs ahead/7 Playoff QBs behind

Career: Tyrod ~68 - 5 Playoff QBs ahead/7 Playoff QBs behind

It should be noted in all of this, though, is that Tyrod is significantly more productive than other QBs on the ground, comparing his numbers to the playoff QBs there, he comes out ahead in almost every metric. Kinda wonder if adding passing + rushing for the playoff QBs and Tyrod, if there would be a significant change in rankings. (Example in total yards per game, it'd move Tyrod up at least a couple spots, just glancing at things. Same with TD%, and if you include fumbles, it'd further cement him near the top since other QBs have a bigger fumbling problem)

Conclusion: Tyrod can be a QB of a playoff caliber team, but he's not good enough to carry a team to the playoffs. If the Bills keep Tyrod, they *need* to improve on defense, to have anything close to a chance. (which anyone who actually watches games could have told you)

Excellent Analysis. I'd love to see the numbers with rushing totals added if you find the time. I think it would move him into the middle of the pack but not sure.