2017 will be a success if we (fill in the blank)

major

To be honest, I don't think they can be considered a "success" in one year, short of making the championship round. (even then, I don't want a one year wonder)

I think they need to establish continuity of players and coaches over at least a 3 year period to build success.

Start building good foundation of players, keep the freakin' coaches for more than a year or two, then the success should follow.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. If the Bills stopped selling to everybody that they are close to contending. No, they are not.

2. Tank, Bottom Out, Rebuild Through The Draft To be dominant after Brady retires. Brick by Brick.

3. Fire Doug Whaley

4. Draft "Blue Chip" play makers.

5. Draft a Franchise Quarterback and develop him.

Basically exactly.

1) Fix the damage Rex did to the defense

2) Keep TT for now while Cardale (or whoever else we bring in) develops

3) Add some durable receivers who can be more productive and stay healthy

4) Fortify the safety position (PLEASE AW, retire for your own good).

5) Upgrade the strength and conditioning staff

6) Get a better right tackle.

if we...

make A Lynn HC, keep the offensive scheme , and get the Jax HC for DC and go 4-3.....

wait...

they totally f d that one up...blew up the staff and the schemes... hired a Greggo/Mularky/Jauron clone.... Roster being blown up...

so , three more years of suck

sorry, is what it is

I give up. I am as big a Taylor apologist/optimist as anyone but the Bills had a top 5 OL in football last season.

I don't think so at all. The right side isn't good at either guard or tackle. In fact, Mills is terrible. Wood is average and Incog is good, not great. Glenn is a player.

Tyrod makes them look better than they are. Defenses must account for him taking off and running.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I don't think so at all. The right side isn't good at either guard or tackle. In fact, Mills is terrible. Wood is average and Incog is good, not great. Glenn is a player.

Tyrod makes them look better than they are. Defenses must account for him taking off and running.

Tyrod's overall net contribution to the line is positive, however, as much as he makes teams defend differently because of his running threat a part of the reason we have struggled so much in pass protection is because he holds the ball longer than any other starter in the league (he was either 31st or 32nd anyway) and then he gets sacked bailing out of clean pockets and into trouble.

I don't agree with Metz that they were top 5 - I think he is so keen not to underrate our line that he overrates them. They were about the same as last year.... top 10-12. It is certainly not the weakness on this team that is often made out. Jordan Mills apart of course....