Worst current sports show?

major

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When it comes to ESPN, I miss the days where the shows were actually about sports instead of the hosts/anchors. Sure, you probably liked the Patrick/Olberman combo (or whatever combination you liked best), but you were still watching Sportscenter no matter which of their million combinations was calling the highlights.

Dan Lebatard.

Doesn't actually talk about sports.

while i dont see it often, i enjot his show.

ESPN in general. If it's not a live sporting event I'm not watching that channel.

PTI is still the gold standard.

Having said that, i never watch any of the other "debate" shows. Hate all of those.

But the absolute worst show might be NBCSN hockey with Milbury.

Can't stand Colin Coward. Seahawks/Patriots homer.

Now on the other hand love the Dan Patrick show.

Cowherd annoys me because he talks bad about the Bills and the Hokies pretty often, but I can't really blame him for favoring teams that are run exceptionally and have strong coaches in place (Pats*, Seahawks, Alabama, I don't know for sure but I'd imagine he likes Duke Basketball)

I'm not sure what's terrible and what's not. But I will say this. For the first time ever, I barely even watch ESPN anymore. I used to hate when people said that, because I would chuckle and say......ok.......what the hell do you watch for sports? But seriously, it's so bad anymore, it's pretty much unwatchable.

My year in football the last couple of years has been great. When I'm not at games, I tune in about 5 minutes before gametime. I never watch pregame, and I almost never watch Sportscenter anymore. It does nothing for me. Outside of making everything on ESPN about their anchors (which means very little to anybody who isn't a jocksniffer) they also cram programming incessantly down your throat that most people could care less about.

Case in point, NBA game is on ESPN for 2 hours or whatever it takes. Outside one or two games a year, the entire country could care less. Sportscenter comes on next. They lead with the drek NBA game that was just on, and rehash an NBA regular season game for the first 15 minutes of SC. No thanks. I don't even bother anymore!

Sad. I loved the old SC, where you tuned in for highlights. Those days are gone, and so are their ratings.

Lebatard's is the only one on ESPN worth watching/listening to. I enjoy some of NFL Net's stuff (I like the DDFP and like their radio hosts).

First Take is the worst, it's the one that's set the bar for the worst. Bayless is terrible, so maybe First Take is better now that he's gone, however no one should watch it to find out. PTI jumped the shark a long time ago. Mike & Mike is just milquetoast, it seems like Greeny is ready for something else.