Trump and Russia

I knew I shouldn't have trusted the word of a man with "jizzle" in his name. :D

It's all good. LA was pretty vocal about it before you arrived in the dungeon. No harm. :beer:

There is when you are a stupid !@#$ing noob who doesn't know how to use the search function.

:lol:

This is the PPP equivalent of a neighbor bringing you a welcome gift basket when you first move in.

:lol:

This is the PPP equivalent of a neighbor bringing you a welcome gift basket when you first move in.

Exactly, I'm just trying to help the guy get acquainted until he gets added to the bot.

You have no clue.

I genuinely thought he was....given his tone. My apologies.

Do you need a hug or something? It's just a message forum. Sheesh.

Sorry man. Didn't mean to lead you on like that. I really thought he was a Trump supporter...but then again I haven't been here for long either

Just curious, are you a Trump supporter?

Most of us here aren't. We're just laughing our asses off at the Democrats' hypocritical meltdown.

Here's my opinions and predictions:

-Will they come up with enough evidence to prove Russia and Trump colluded? No. I'm guessing it all will be circumstantial.

Also: doesn't matter. It's like Obama's birth certificate. The accusation's made, so the lines are drawn, 80% of America's convinced one way or another. No amount of facts either way is going to change that.

-Did released wikileaks DNC e-mails of Podesta cost Hillary the election? NO. Hillary's reputation was already tarnished enough and rightfully so.

I still find the assumption that it did have an effect surprising. Podesta's emails, Comey's letter to Congress...neither was really anything new; and the DNC and the Clinton campaign's relative contempt for the electorate, and Clinton's emails issues, had been issues for months and were already factored in to the election.

Most of us here aren't. We're just laughing our asses off at the Democrats' hypocritical meltdown.

Also: doesn't matter. It's like Obama's birth certificate. The accusation's made, so the lines are drawn, 80% of America's convinced one way or another. No amount of facts either way is going to change that.

I still find the assumption that it did have an effect surprising. Podesta's emails, Comey's letter to Congress...neither was really anything new; and the DNC and the Clinton campaign's relative contempt for the electorate, and Clinton's emails issues, had been issues for months and were already factored in to the election.

Lotta organizations have been blowing leads these days!

Lotta organizations have been blowing leads these days!

You have a PPP match against Tom scheduled to start...

MY MOM'S BASEMENT REGION

#1) DC Tom vs. #16) FreddieJizzle22

Topic: Human activity is a substantial cause of Global Warming

Tom gets to pick the Pro or Con side, Freddie gets to pick whom goes first.

Edited by Deranged Rhino

You have a PPP match against Tom scheduled to start...

MY MOM'S BASEMENT REGION

#1) DC Tom vs. #16) FreddieJizzle22

Topic: Human activity is a substantial cause of Global Warming

Tom gets to pick the Pro or Con side, Freddie gets to pick whom goes first.

Doesn't matter. I can pummel Freddie into the ground arguing either side.

I genuinely thought he was....given his tone. My apologies.

That's somewhat understandable because the principles I want in my elected officials tend much closer to constitutional conservative, self-accountability, self-responsibility, much smaller government, etc.

So by definition, the closest I've ever come to hearing/seeing a useful Democrat has been limited to Joe Trippe and Kirsten Powers. The Harry Reids, Nancy Pelosis, Chuck Shumers, Wasserman Schultzs have turned the Democrats into nothing more than a punch line to a bad joke. Unfortunately, the DNC comprises people who simply do everything they're told (which is how ACA got through) regardless of the outcome.

Trump is no conservative. He's not even a half-way decent Republican. He's a leftist nutbag surrounded by opportunist nutbags. So far he's done the one thing I had hoped he would do: pick a rock-solid supreme court nominee. If he can do it again after RBG completes her metamorphosis to a raisin, then I'm good. Otherwise, the only value he brings to the table is the way he makes leftists crap purple twinkies in a swimming pool every time he opens his mouth.

That's somewhat understandable because the principles I want in my elected officials tend much closer to constitutional conservative, self-accountability, self-responsibility, much smaller government, etc.

So by definition, the closest I've ever come to hearing/seeing a useful Democrat has been limited to Joe Trippe and Kirsten Powers. The Harry Reids, Nancy Pelosis, Chuck Shumers, Wasserman Schultzs have turned the Democrats into nothing more than a punch line to a bad joke. Unfortunately, the DNC comprises people who simply do everything they're told (which is how ACA got through) regardless of the outcome.

Trump is no conservative. He's not even a half-way decent Republican. He's a leftist nutbag surrounded by opportunist nutbags. So far he's done the one thing I had hoped he would do: pick a rock-solid supreme court nominee. If he can do it again after RBG completes her metamorphosis to a raisin, then I'm good. Otherwise, the only value he brings to the table is the way he makes leftists crap purple twinkies in a swimming pool every time he opens his mouth.

Pretty much agreed with you on all your points. And I'm sorry for making that assumption, by the way.

HOUSE DEMS TRY TO MAKE THEIR CASE ON COLLUSION

FTA:

This morning, I watched the first three-plus hours of the House Intelligence Committee’s hearing on Russian election interference. FBI director James Comey and NSA director Adm. Mike Rogers testified.

Neither said much of substance, though Comey confirmed that the FBI is investigating allegations of collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia. In not answering questions, the two witnesses cited reasons such as protecting classified information and, in Comey’s case, the existence of the FBI investigation.

Even so, the hearing was worthwhile for me because it provided an opportunity to hear the Democrats explain why they suspect, or purport to suspect, the Trump campaign of colluding with the Russians. Ranking Member Adam Schiff set forth that case in his 15 minute opening statement. Rep. Jim Himes added a few points later on.

I now have a better understanding of what former acting CIA director Mike Morell means by “the smoke” regarding “the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians.” Morell made it clear that he sees “no fire, at all,” not even “a spark.”

To support an inference of collusion, the Democrats need to show that Russia received (or was promised) something by the Trump campaign in exchange for interfering with the election. Otherwise, one should conclude that the Russians hacked Democratic emails solely for their own purposes without any prompting, promises, or cooperation from Team Trump. Both Comey and Rogers discussed what some of those purposes were.

Rep. Schiff pointed to two benefits he says Trump has bestowed on Russia: (1) the softening of a plank on Ukraine at the GOP convention and (2) Trump’s call on NATO members to meet their monetary commitments.

Citing the second “benefit” shows how desperate the Democrats are. It is perfectly reasonable for a U.S. president to insist that NATO members live up to their financial commitment — in other words, not to take advantage of the U.S.

Trump consistently calls out countries and individuals he feels are taking advantage of us in various contexts. It’s a unifying theme of his candidacy/presidency. Thus, one cannot reasonably infer that when he calls out NATO members for not paying their share, he is repaying a debt to Russia.

Moreover, as John has pointed out, key NATO nations seem ready to comply. NATO will be stronger, not weaker, when its members step up and meet their commitments.

Regarding the Ukraine plank, Rep. Schiff takes it as a given that the GOP plank on Ukraine was softened. Byron York of the Examiner disputes this. He says the final plank was actually tougher than the original.

More at the link:

I can understand the personal dislike, but I don't have much of a problem with his cabinet choices and his agenda.

I can understand the personal dislike, but I don't have much of a problem with his cabinet choices and his agenda.

I agree with both of you...............Trump is sure no conservative.................and someone with little control of his mouth,

but the cabinet............and the questioning of ALL government spending requirements is long overdue and required someone who has not been a lifelong politician.

Today's testimony confirmed that Trump lied about Obama and the British, and that Russia influenced the election by their selective campaign against Clinton to favor Trump. While those facts were already widely known, the biggest news was that the FBI has been investigating the Trump-Russia scandal since July, but didn't disclose it before the election because he "doesn't discuss ongoing investigations". Really? He was willing to comment on the Clinton email investigation (which amounted to nothing) but was politically damaging. It was a clear double standard. He should have disclosed neither, but once he discussed Clinton he should have done the same about Trump and let the voters decide. His double standard only exacerbated the effect of the Russian influence.

Today's testimony confirmed that Trump lied about Obama and the British, and that Russia influenced the election by their selective campaign against Clinton to favor Trump. While those facts were already widely known, the biggest news was that the FBI has been investigating the Trump-Russia scandal since July, but didn't disclose it before the election because he "doesn't discuss ongoing investigations". Really? He was willing to comment on the Clinton email investigation (which amounted to nothing) but was politically damaging. It was a clear double standard. He should have disclosed neither, but once he discussed Clinton he should have done the same about Trump and let the voters decide. His double standard only exacerbated the effect of the Russian influence.

Yeah, that was the first thing that went through my mind when he said that. There's no way to prove that had a significant impact, but I doubt it cost her the election as she ran a horrible campaign.

For the new members here, it saves you a lot of time if, every time you see PastaJoe post something about Trump, you think of this as you're reading it.

takeyourhatespeechoutofthiscampus.gif

For the new members here, it saves you a lot of time if, every time you see PastaJoe post something about Trump, you think of this as you're reading it.

takeyourhatespeechoutofthiscampus.gif

When I saw that it made me instead think of Hammersticks' guilty pleasure. Hope he brings some Kleenex next time he visits PPP

I agree with both of you...............Trump is sure no conservative.................and someone with little control of his mouth,

but the cabinet............and the questioning of ALL government spending requirements is long overdue and required someone who has not been a lifelong politician.

This is also a fair point.

ROGER KIMBALL: The Nothing Burger Gets Flipped.

It wasn’t quite “Are you now or have you ever been . . .” but it was close. You don’t have to have that good a memory to have found the whole exercise amusing:

Democratic politicians abandoning the “1980s asking for its foreign policy back” in order, suddenly, to castigate Russia as a threat to US national security and even (if you can believe it) wrapping themselves in the flag of patriotism (yes, really) to denounce Donald Trump.

My own feeling is that the Dems must be very, very worried to go down that street.

And what did it all add up to? Nada. Which is to say, rien. Nichts. Zilch. Nothing.

Well, it let them look good to their constituencies, and distracted from their inability to stop Gorsuch. So there’s that.

Plus:

Was that it? Almost. There actually was one bit of news. If you are looking for a crime in this whole scenario, the one crime we know was committed was when someone “unmasked” Mike Flynn’s name and leaked it to the press in connection with a couple of exchanges he had with the Russian Ambassador. That, as was stressed by Republican interlocutors as well as by James Comey, was a felony punishable by up to 10 years in the slammer.

To my mind, that was the big news of the day. If I were the person who did the leaking, I would not be sleeping so well.

I’m sure the leaker was promised protection. But we all know what promises are worth in DC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/president-trump-faces-his-hardest-truth-he-was-wrong/2017/03/20/af9cabfc-0d83-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.bb95b016b6ea

"There’s a smell of treason in the air,” presidential historian Douglas Brinkley said. “Imagine if J. Edgar Hoover or any other FBI director would have testified against a sitting president? It would have been a mind-
boggling event.”

Brinkley, who has published biographies of such presidents as Gerald Ford, Franklin Roosevelt and Theodore Roosevelt, said of Trump’s start, “This is the most failed first 100 days of any president.”

“To be as low as he is in the polls, in the 30s, while the FBI director is on television saying they launched an investigation into your ties with Russia, I don’t know how it can get much worse,” Brinkley said.

And let's see him cut defense spending too.

And let's see him cut defense spending too.

I didn't say cut for any department...........I said questioning whether or not something is essential

Certainly Defense should be under the same review.

However if the total spending on one area goes up, like defense, that doesn't necessarily mean you haven't applied the same standard.

Edited by B-Man

Here's my opinions and predictions:

-Will they come up with enough evidence to prove Russia and Trump colluded? No. I'm guessing it all will be circumstantial.

-Should Trump apologize about baseless accusations of Obama wiretapping Trump tower? Yes. Will he? No.

-Should the intelligent agencies get to the bottom of who leaked classified information? Yes. Will they? No.

-Was their communication between Trump Operatives and Assange about what and when to release hacked DNC emails? Yes. Roger Stone admitted to it and it's why he left campaign early on.

-Did released wikileaks DNC e-mails of Podesta cost Hillary the election? NO. Hillary's reputation was already tarnished enough and rightfully so.

-Do I find it funny the FBI got involved with finding Brady's Superbowl Jerseys? Yes.

FORWARD!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/president-trump-faces-his-hardest-truth-he-was-wrong/2017/03/20/af9cabfc-0d83-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.bb95b016b6ea

"There’s a smell of treason in the air,” presidential historian Douglas Brinkley said. “Imagine if J. Edgar Hoover or any other FBI director would have testified against a sitting president? It would have been a mind-

boggling event.”

Brinkley, who has published biographies of such presidents as Gerald Ford, Franklin Roosevelt and Theodore Roosevelt, said of Trump’s start, “This is the most failed first 100 days of any president.”

“To be as low as he is in the polls, in the 30s, while the FBI director is on television saying they launched an investigation into your ties with Russia, I don’t know how it can get much worse,” Brinkley said.

That's not treason you smell. It's liberal meltdown. Kinda smells like treason, but with more pronounced use of curry and cumin.

I particularly liked Maxine Waters tweet today: "Get Ready For Impeachment." :lol:

Seriously. Best meltdown ever.

That's not treason you smell. It's liberal meltdown. Kinda smells like treason, but with more pronounced use of curry and cumin.

I particularly liked Maxine Waters tweet today: "Get Ready For Impeachment." :lol:

Seriously. Best meltdown ever.

I'll check back in with you as this thing progresses and see if you still think it's so funny.

I'll check back in with you as this thing progresses and see if you still think it's so funny.

They can find Trump guilty of treason and embarrassingly hauled away in nothing more than a onesie he borrowed from Pajama Boy, and there will never be a moment when I don't consider the current liberal meltdown the funniest political thing I've watched in my lifetime.

A good portion of the comedy comes from hypocrisy, which the left has decided they will embrace at all levels.

But it also comes from the benefit of hindsight. I spent probably the first four years of the Obama WH sounding precisely as the left sounds today. I was angry and disappointed at the highest levels of partisan corruption, and was certain...absolutely certain...that someone's head would roll.

And guess what? It never did. Do you know why? Because I forgot that even if you make a young, impressionable intern shove a cigar up her vagina while sucking your dick, we'll STILL let you be president.

So my advice to you is start doing what the right started doing: taking the fight to the local ballot boxes until you leave the other side with nothing more than...you guessed it...control over the Greater Macungie Utilities Commission...and Detroit.

They can find Trump guilty of treason and embarrassingly hauled away in nothing more than a onesie he borrowed from Pajama Boy, and there will never be a moment when I don't consider the current liberal meltdown the funniest political thing I've watched in my lifetime.

A good portion of the comedy comes from hypocrisy, which the left has decided they will embrace at all levels.

But it also comes from the benefit of hindsight. I spent probably the first four years of the Obama WH sounding precisely as the left sounds today. I was angry and disappointed at the highest levels of partisan corruption, and was certain...absolutely certain...that someone's head would roll.

And guess what? It never did. Do you know why? Because I forgot that even if you make a young, impressionable intern shove a cigar up her vagina while sucking your dick, we'll STILL let you be president.

So my advice to you is start doing what the right started doing: taking the fight to the local ballot boxes until you leave the other side with nothing more than...you guessed it...control over the Greater Macungie Utilities Commission...and Detroit.

THIS

Everyone is hypocritical - including you.

Angry at Obama WH because of Clinton/Lewinski...huh?....long time to carry a grudge and those are some distant points to connect

If you review Russia trying to manipulate our electoral campaigns and your takeaway is glee over the left "melting down"....says more about you than the left

Edited by baskin

Everyone is hypocritical - including you.

Angry at Obama WH because of Clinton/Lewinski...huh?....long time to carry a grudge and those are some distant points to connect

If you review Russia trying to manipulate our electoral campaigns and your takeaway is glee over the left "melting down"....says more about you than the left

[This is an automated response.]

RIF_Primary_Horizontal.png

Created by DC Tom-bot, beta version 0.7.

There is so much hypocrisy on both sides, it's not even funny. The Republican's biggest complaints about HRC were her lying, investigations and corruption. Where are the same complaints about Trump? On the flipside, the Democrats have now become obstructionists after detesting the resistance of the prior eight years.

I'm an independent who thinks both sides have some good ideas, and that agreeing to some middle ground is the only long-term solution. A large number of young people like me view this two party, polarized system as an inefficient joke.

I'm not trying to call anyone out. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness on both sides.

There is so much hypocrisy on both sides, it's not even funny. The Republican's biggest complaints about HRC were her lying, investigations and corruption. Where are the same complaints about Trump? On the flipside, the Democrats have now become obstructionists after detesting the resistance of the prior eight years.

I'm an independent who thinks both sides have some good ideas, and that agreeing to some middle ground is the only long-term solution. A large number of young people like me view this two party, polarized system as an inefficient joke.

I'm not trying to call anyone out. I'm just pointing out the ridiculousness on both sides.

Oh pick a side and go with it for God's sake! :lol:

Angry at Obama WH because of Clinton/Lewinski...huh?...

Yes. That's exactly what I wrote.

Seriously. Is there a part of you that doesn't consider a day complete without someone calling you a dumbass, because sometimes it just seems like you're begging for it.

Edited by LABillzFan

Is this really happening??

U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson plans to skip a meeting with NATO foreign ministers next month in order to stay home for a visit by China's president and will go to Russia later in April, U.S. officials said on Monday, disclosing an itinerary that allies may see as giving Moscow priority over them.

Tillerson intends to miss what would have been his first meeting of the 28 NATO allies on April 5-6 in Brussels so that he can attend President Donald Trump's expected April 6-7 talks with Chinese President Xi Jinping at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, four current and former U.S. officials said.

Skipping the NATO meeting and visiting Moscow could risk feeding a perception that Trump may be putting U.S. dealings with big powers first, while leaving waiting those smaller nations that depend on Washington for security, two former U.S. officials said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-tillerson-idUSKBN16S04I

With all that's going on you'd think they might try and look more pro NATO