Trump and Russia

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And who is Torshin connected to, Peace? 

(Hint, it's not Trump or his team)

He donated between $50k and $100 k to the Clinton foundation.

He dined with Trump Jr. during the 2016 NRA convention.

He was caught by the Spanish authorities on legal wiretaps during the 2016 presidential election.

He's connected to many folks. Let the facts play out. You may need to adjust your tinfoil hat.

Edited by peace out

Just now, peace out said:

He donated between $50k and $100 k to the Clinton foundation.

He dined with Trump Jr. during the 2016 NRA convention.

He was caught by the Spanish authorities on legal wiretaps during the 2016 presidential election.

He's connected to many folks. Let the facts play out. You may need to adjust your tinfoil hat.

You're getting closer (not trying to be a dick, trying to get you to discover for yourself because it always has more impact). Who's running the Butina investigation? Mueller? Or is it Trump's DOJ?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're getting closer (not trying to be a dick, trying to get you to discover for yourself because it always has more impact). Who's running the Butina investigation? Mueller? Or is it Trump's DOJ?

There's a reason this isn't in the Mueller thread.

I'm well aware of the conspiracies surrounding Torshin. I suggest, though, we each wait for the facts to come out before connecting him to either political party.

:beer:

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, peace out said:

There's a reason this isn't in the Mueller thread.

I'm well aware of the conspiracies surrounding Torshin. I suggest, though, we each wait for the facts to come out before connecting him to either political party.

:beer:

Now you call for waiting for the facts to come out before jumping to conclusions.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Thread:

The Obama administration provided information to the Senate Intelligence Committee prior to leaving office, and prior to an administration taking office they were afraid would suppress the information.

I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of malfeasance in that.  

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The Obama administration provided information to the Senate Intelligence Committee prior to leaving office, and prior to an administration taking office they were afraid would suppress the information.

I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of malfeasance in that.  

You might wanna read the article.

Didn't the DOJ do the same thing back then? I remember (vaguely) that some (interim perhaps) Department head rushing to get things put out into the air because they were "afraid" the new administration would bury the info. Sally Yates perhaps? :unsure:

Step up to the plate Greggy, real news or disinformation?

New report on Russian disinformation, prepared for the Senate, shows the operation’s scale and sweep

A report prepared for the Senate that provides the most sweeping analysis yet of Russia’s disinformation campaign around the 2016 election found the operation used every major social media platform to deliver words, images and videos tailored to voters’ interests to help elect President Trump — and worked even harder to support him while in office.

The report, a draft of which was obtained by The Washington Post, is the first to study the millions of posts provided by major technology firms to the Senate Intelligence Committee, led by Sen. Richard Burr (R-N.C.), its chairman, and Sen. Mark Warner (Va.), its ranking Democrat. The bipartisan panel hasn’t said whether it endorses the findings. It plans to release it publicly along with another study later this week.

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I have a hard time believing anything the IC has its fingers in. After all, these are the same people who brought you Iraqi chemical weapons/nuclear weapons.

You didn't read the article, did you?

14 minutes ago, GG said:

The report isn't fiction though.

I'm not too sure about that.  Even Oxford admits to serious structural deficiencies.

And the Post's article on it is fairly dishonest.  It treats social media as critical national security infrastructure, and deigns to clutch its pearls at the treason of public ads on a public platform in rubles.

And contradicts itself in saying the Russian effort was to get Trump elected "with a particular spike after the 2016 election."  That demonstrates the preconceived notion at the heart of the dishonesty.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I'm not too sure about that.  Even Oxford admits to serious structural deficiencies.

And the Post's article on it is fairly dishonest.  It treats social media as critical national security infrastructure, and deigns to clutch its pearls at the treason of public ads on a public platform in rubles.

And contradicts itself in saying the Russian effort was to get Trump elected "with a particular spike after the 2016 election."  That demonstrates the preconceived notion at the heart of the dishonesty.

The report isn't fiction.  The content in the report may be

41 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I thought its been long established that the Russians were trying to sow discord by disseminating a ton of crap via social media. When it looked like Hillary was going to win the crap was against her. When Trump won, it was against him.

It actually increased for him after the election. Putin was helping Trump before, during and after the election. He's Trump man. 

33 minutes ago, GG said:

The report isn't fiction.  The content in the report may be

The Post's article is fiction, for the most part.

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It actually increased for him after the election. Putin was helping Trump before, during and after the election. He's Trump man. 

Putin was helping Trump get elected after he was elected?  What is that, an X-K-Red-27 technique?

KevinKline.jpg

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The Post's article is fiction, for the most part.

Putin was helping Trump get elected after he was elected?  What is that, an X-K-Red-27 technique?

KevinKline.jpg

Putin was supporting Trump after the election. Make fun of that all you want, but you know Trump is compromised. Putin's puppet. 

And DCTom just whistles and makes excuses for it all, spit 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You can't see it, but I'm blinking at that response.

:blink:

What's so hard to comprehend?  A real report was delivered to the Senate Intel Committee, and was conveniently leaked to WaPo.  Are you disputing that the existence of the report itself is fiction?

Just now, GG said:

What's so hard to comprehend?  A real report was delivered to the Senate Intel Committee, and was conveniently leaked to WaPo.  Are you disputing that the existence of the report itself is fiction?

Ah no. I'm not. Thanks for the clarification.

8 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Just over a week ago, on Friday December 7, the Special Counsel’s Office headed by Robert Mueller for the first time outlined in a court filing the grand narrative of the Russia Probe. The court filing revealed what many had long suspected, that Trump and his family had used, or tried to use, his presidential candidacy, and then his presidency, to enhance their own wealth.

We also learned finally what hold Russian President Vladimir Putin has over Trump. It’s not as some suspected, a money laundering episode from more than a decade ago. It was something that happened in real time during the presidential election itself. Thus, Trump himself repeatedly stated since entering the presidential race in June 2015 that he had no business in Russia and no interactions with representatives of Russia. It now turns out that Putin knew what the American people didn’t, namely that Donald Trump was throughout the 2016 presidential primary campaign secretly negotiating to build a huge and lucrative hotel in Moscow, which required the personal support of Vladimir Putin. The fact that Putin knew about Trump’s secret dealings, while the American people didn’t, meant that if Trump didn’t do what Russia wanted, Russia could expose Trump’s lies and so bring him down.

Trump-conspiracues-r1.jpg?width=960

2 hours ago, GG said:

Step up to the plate Greggy, real news or disinformation?

New report on Russian disinformation, prepared for the Senate, shows the operation’s scale and sweep

I'm just getting done with a spat of morning calls re the new indictments in the Flynn matter so I have to read this still. Expectations, based on its origin from the SSCI (the swampiest committee on the Hill, home of the Wolfe business) I anticipate it to be largely overblown if not outright fiction. 

Will report back when I read in full :beer: