Trump and Russia

Russian operatives used a fake Twitter account that claimed to speak for Tennessee Republicans to convince American politicians, celebrities and journalists to share select content with their own massive lists of followers, two people familiar with the matter said.

The list of prominent people who tweeted out links from the account, @Ten_GOP, which Twitter shut down in August, includes political figures such as Michael Flynn and Roger Stone, celebrities such as Nicki Minaj and James Woods, and media personalities such as Anne Coulter and Chris Hayes.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/technology/ct-russian-twitter-account-tennessee-gop-20171018-story.html

Russian operatives used a fake Twitter account that claimed to speak for Tennessee Republicans to convince American politicians, celebrities and journalists to share select content with their own massive lists of followers, two people familiar with the matter said.

The list of prominent people who tweeted out links from the account, @Ten_GOP, which Twitter shut down in August, includes political figures such as Michael Flynn and Roger Stone, celebrities such as Nicki Minaj and James Woods, and media personalities such as Anne Coulter and Chris Hayes.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/bluesky/technology/ct-russian-twitter-account-tennessee-gop-20171018-story.html

I wonder how many trolls from other countries mess with US politicians/government. I mean, you'd have to me dense if you think this is just a Russian government thing.

Also, did you ever notice how they say just "Russian" and not "Russian Government?" I mean, didn't some Russian DJs prank someone on Trump's staff? The Gucifier guy was a Ukrainian civilian. Etc.

I wonder how many trolls from other countries mess with US politicians/government. I mean, you'd have to me dense if you think this is just a Russian government thing.

Also, did you ever notice how they say just "Russian" and not "Russian Government?" I mean, didn't some Russian DJs prank someone on Trump's staff? The Gucifier guy was a Ukrainian civilian. Etc.

Seems like Russia is especially butt hurt (still) over the fall of communist empire, and or worried about our foreign policy (old foreign policy now) of promoting democracy. But this is an old game. Lenin was delivered to St. Peterburg by the Germans.

Here is another one:

A Russia-linked Facebook group asked a Texas secessionist movement if it would participate in a series of anti-immigrant, anti-Hillary Clinton rallies it was planning to hold across the state last November, the group's president told Business Insider on Thursday.

The Facebook group, called Heart of Texas, had over 225,000 followers as of last summer. It was shut down last week as part of Facebook's takedown of accounts and pages "affiliated with one another and likely operated out of Russia," a Facebook spokesman told Business Insider on Wednesday.
http://www.businessinsider.com/russia-facebook-group-ads-texas-secession-secede-trump-clinton-2017-9

Seems like Russia is especially butt hurt (still) over the fall of communist empire, and or worried about our foreign policy (old foreign policy now) of promoting democracy. But this is an old game. Lenin was delivered to St. Peterburg by the Germans.

Here is another one:

I find it annoying that the media is so focused on trolls and barely blinks at real hacking (looking at you China/India/Israel - Russia too, but I think they are basically the goat for the rest).

I find it annoying that the media is so focused on trolls and barely blinks at real hacking (looking at you China/India/Israel - Russia too, but I think they are basically the goat for the rest).

The media isn't so focused on any one thing. "Media bad" is a political talking point

The media is not focused on one thing, but on a given day one new story will lead the discussion. They're still reporting on the inadequate response to ongoing problems in Puerto Rico, the continuing investigation of Russian collusion and influence in the election, the continuing attempts by Trump to undermine the healthcare exchanges, the debate on whether the wealthiest 2% should get 80% of tax cuts, and now Trumpghazi. The media can actually multitask.

The media is not focused on one thing, but on a given day one new story will lead the discussion. They're still reporting on the inadequate response to ongoing problems in Puerto Rico, the continuing investigation of Russian collusion and influence in the election, the continuing attempts by Trump to undermine the healthcare exchanges, the debate on whether the wealthiest 2% should get 80% of tax cuts, and now Trumpghazi. The media can actually multitask.

How are the US Virgin Islands doing?

Regarding the "media" coverage of events. With such an incurious audience, can anyone be surprised that so many don't bother looking past the headline story of the day? There are countless daily stories about the hot news events from last week still circulating. It's not on the "media" if people don't care to keep up with them. Knowledge is a personal responsibility.

I have to admit, the story about the PR Sec of State finding a garbage dumpster full water and food being thrown out, and about other PR officials keeping supplies for themselves, really blows me away.

I'm sure that's the inadequate response your referring to, right?

Edited by LABillzFan