Coach McDermott is very quiet

YoloinOhio

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be more concerned if they were blown away. We all watched the games

exactly. If Rex were still here he would have shown up in a #5 jersey and predicted him as 2017 MVP but #rexmode isn't the new order of business

Even if they were totally convinced after watching the film, I don't see McD as one to exhibit enthusiasm publically when the info is to be kept in house.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't disagree. As I've said, they are waiting to see what shakes out.

The bigger point for me is, if they were blown away after nearly two months of comprehensive film review and analsysis by the staff, they would be emphatic in their endorsement of the most important player on the team. They'd put the most important question to bed, get behind their guy in a very supportive public way, and move on.

This staff just doesn't appear to be sold and that says a lot to me.

That doesn't mean they don't think they can win with Taylor. It means they are looking at all options. The right thing to do.

That doesn't mean they don't think they can win with Taylor. It means they are looking at all options. The right thing to do.

I'd expect them to "think" they can win with anyone.

They appear to be not overly impressed with their current options, regardless. That concerns me after two months of exhaustive analysis. They just aren't sold on their current best candidate for the job. Regrettable, that's all.

Sean McDermott: "Make the Right Decision" (12:37)

Bills Head Coach Sean McDermott addressed the media at the 2017 NFL Combine topics include; evaluating Quarterback Tyrod Taylor, Defensive Tackle Kyle Williams returning, hiring an experienced staff,

Watch: Sean McDermott 1-on-1 Interview (7:08)
Watch as Bills head coach Sean McDermott goes 1 on 1 with Chris Brown to talk about Tyrod Taylor, Kyle Williams, and free agency.

@WGR550

Hear @SalSports' 1-on-1 interview with #Bills head coach Sean McDermott, along with the full transcript: https://t.co/oDzaNbQ1oX

Always look at every option

Agreed. But we've all known they've been looking at all their options the entire time. I was hoping beyond hope that after they had a chance to conduct their in depth analysis that they'd tell Whaley and Manos we don't have to kick the tires any longer; that TT would have blown them away enough for them to declare they have their man. Oh well.

Agreed. But we've all known they've been looking at all their options the entire time. I was hoping beyond hope that after they had a chance to conduct their in depth analysis that they'd tell Whaley and Manos we don't have to kick the tires any longer; that TT would have blown them away enough for them to declare they have their man. Oh well.

Perhaps it is wise not to speak up about these matters for the public to hear ? I think it is going to be a mantra of theirs.

I might imagine other Teams are watching the Bills and Tyrod pretty closely for more than one reason !

Don't get disparaged Bud,

It might be, they already have a contract in mind and agreed upon?

Kept it pretty close to the vest, but my take from the press conference, 1-on-1, and radio interview is...

Tyrod stays

Shady isn't going anywhere

they're going to let Gilmore walk

he'd like to have Aaron Williams back, but it's still iffy

Kyle will be back!!!!

Sammy's going to be fine

Wants an attacking D (which suits our players)

D-line = Shaq-Kyle-Marcel-Jerry in a base 4-3 (the cold front is back)

All good news.

I could be wrong, but that was how I interpreted his answers.

Kept it pretty close to the vest, but my take from the press conference, 1-on-1, and radio interview is...

Tyrod stays

Kyle will be back!!!!

Sammy's going to be fine

All good news.

Everyone knew Shady wasn't going anywhere.

Tyrod stays

Kyle will be back!!!!

Sammy's going to be fine

All good news.

FWIW, that's the conclusion I came to as well by the press conference and what they've been doing.

They say they want to win now, so you don't bet the farm on a shaky QB class this year. It would be a colossal bad idea to cut Shady now, and only marginally better to trade him.

I love the way our D-line is now looking.

FWIW, that's the conclusion I came to as well by the press conference and what they've been doing.

They say they want to win now, so you don't bet the farm on a shaky QB class this year. It would be a colossal bad idea to cut Shady now, and only marginally better to trade him.

I love the way our D-line is now looking.

Looking at what the McD scheme has prioritized in Carolina and Philly, it is DT and LB. CB and Safety he used smart, capable guys but didn't need studs. Even Josh Norman, though he developed into a top CB, was a 6th rd pick from eastern Carolina and a relatively unknown guy until his breakout season (which was his 4th season). With that in mind I think they will put priority on signing an LB in FA like AJ Klein and possibly resign zach brown, bring in a couple mid tier vets at safety and cb, and then hit up the draft but might not go safety or CB in the first round. Wouldn't be shocked to see a QB or WR. Jmo. Edited by YoloinOhio

I was thinking there has to be an obese idiot McDermott brother out there somewhere, right? I mean, this whole "I'm the anti-Rex" thing can't be 100% true. So I looked, and guess what? He is the anti-Rex! His brother:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/timmcdermott2

Cornell B.A., Harvard M.B.A. Chiseled middle aged bald guy. Sean McDermott probably has an irrational aversion to female feet too.

Tim is coming for Russ's job.