Shady: PFF "a bunch of nerds" for leaving him off top 101

YoloinOhio

@cutondime25

@PFF u guys suck ... a bunch of nerds who never played a lick of football in your whole life.

PFF released its list of Top 101 players of 2016 and no LeSean McCoy. They explained that it was because he was bad pass at blocking.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-10-big-name-players-that-didnt-make-pffs-top-101/

Psst - he's really, really good at running the ball. He's a running back not an OT.

Edited by YoloinOhio

yes because pass blocking for your qb doesnt matter at all. Another example of the headcase crying because he isnt fawned over and named number 1 back in the nfl. I miss Fred and thurman, real leaders and complete RB's.

Fred became a number 1 back being slow and old but he still broke long ones due to his power and smooth style and vision.

Shady breaks alot of runs with moves, but gets caught for 5 yard losses running around like spiller used to, then gives up sacks and acts like those werent on him.

He also gets caught on long runs before the endzone often, the kind fred used to unbelievably finish even with his slowness.

Shady should just invite those nerds to a club and kick them all in the head once they pass out after their first beers.

Edited by re enlightener

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

yes because pass blocking for your qb doesnt matter at all. Another example of the headcase crying because he isnt fawned over and named number 1 back in the nfl. I miss Fred and thurman, real leaders and complete RB's.

Fred became a number 1 back being slow and old but he still broke long ones due to his power and smooth style and vision.

Shady breaks alot of runs with moves, but gets caught for 5 yard losses running around like spiller used to, then gives up sacks and acts like those werent on him.

He also gets caught on long runs before the endzone often, the kind fred used to unbelievably finish even with his slowness.

Shady should just invite those nerds to a club and kick them all in the head once they pass out after their first beers.

This is one of the worst posts of all time. He gets caught for 5 yard losses like Spiller used to? How often does this happen? Maybe once a season or less. You just made that up. You obviously have an agenda.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

He's right. PFF rankings are pure silliness.

Just look at the reasons that guys are left off the list; they're pure rubbish.

He's absolutely right. I've seen the guidelines PFF provides to their "experts" in grading game tape (hint: you don't need to know too much about football).

I like it when Shady has a chip on his shoulder, though...a Shady who feels spurned is a motivated Shady.

He's absolutely right. I've seen the guidelines PFF provides to their "experts" in grading game tape (hint: you don't need to know too much about football).

I like it when Shady has a chip on his shoulder, though...a Shady who feels spurned is a motivated Shady.

I just came here to post this myself. He thrives on this stuff

@cutondime25

@PFF u guys suck ... a bunch of nerds who never played a lick of football in your whole life.

PFF released its list of Top 101 players of 2016 and no LeSean McCoy. They explained that it was because he was bad pass at blocking.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-10-big-name-players-that-didnt-make-pffs-top-101/

Psst - he's really, really good at running the ball. He's a running back not an OT.

:lol: This is basically his way of saying " :censored: you". He's not crying about it, his statement is his way of flipping the bird. I do like it when people do things to piss him off and give him that added motivation for the field. :thumbsup:

Classic Bills fan logic: forget the premier back that's been near the top of the NFL for his entire career...give me the career backup former arena leaguer!

Nope...he had the 10th highest success rate in the NFL last year

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb

Can you name 1 such run from 2016? Please don't try to cite the Rams' game where Felton got in his way.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Are you seriously saying that Fred Jackson is a better RB than LeSean McCoy? You, sir, are delusional.

He needs to just shut up and not worry about this stuff. Who cares???? NOBODY. He's a good rb but he is still an immature child.

you really can not blame him, to a degree. yes, maybe he should ignore the stuff but who else is. you can blame it on social media/media/forums/technology, the 21st century. it is what it is and trust me, it's not going to slow down...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

Literally anyone can be an "analyst" for PFF. Shady does need to improve his pass pro though.

sure, and he'd probably agree. Still think he could crack the top 101 on everything else he brings to the table as a Running Back

I wonder where he will be on the NFL top 100 list that the players vote on, where they have the reveal shows each week on NFLN. I think one year he was as high as 5.

sure, and he'd probably agree. Still think he could crack the top 101 on everything else he brings to the table as a Running Back

I wonder where he will be on the NFL top 100 list that the players vote on, where they have the reveal shows each week on NFLN. I think one year he was as high as 5.

He should be. I don't really buy into PFF. Like most players say, there is no way to know what a specific play was SUPPOSED to do. If Shady is supposed to chip or bump a defender on his way out to the flat as part of the play, are the PFF "analysts" counting that as a poor block? We don't know because who the heck is going to go re-watch all that film and dispute their analysis.

Most of those were because Felton has Gillislee on his fantasy team.

you really can not blame him, to a degree. yes, maybe he should ignore the stuff but who else is. you can blame it on social media/media/forums/technology, the 21st century. it is what it is and trust me, it's not going to slow down...

It's time for him to grow up. I understand your point but he needs to show some leadership. Nobody cares about this and in a week no one will remember who is on the list. Set an example for your team mates and demonstrate that all you want to do is win and not worry about your numbers or recognition. Could you ever imagine any Patriot player reacting to this silly ranking? The answer is no.

It's time for him to grow up. I understand your point but he needs to show some leadership. Nobody cares about this and in a week no one will remember who is on the list. Set an example for your team mates and demonstrate that all you want to do is win and not worry about your numbers or recognition. Could you ever imagine any Patriot player reacting to this silly ranking? The answer is no.

I agree. This team doesn't have enough leadership and is full of "me first" type players. Then everyone wonders why we can't even sniff the playoffs. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

If I am remembering correctly, Shady did not seem to be giving enough effort in blitz pickup early last season and he got

called out for it. But then from that moment on (still early in the season), he sold out. I can remember many solid pickups

on his part after that.

Maybe PFF is basing it on just those early games or worse yet, just remembering the talk about it early last season and assuming

it continued. I mean Shady is no Fred Jackson when it comes to blocking (Fred bruised people bad), but I don't think Shady's blocking

was a liability either (once he sold out), at least not enough to diminish what he did as a runner/receiver.

For instance, PFF ranked Jay Ajayi as the 31st best player in the NFL:

Player Total rush atts/rec targets Yards from scrimmage TDs 1st Downs AVGs.

J. Ajayi 294 1,423 8 68 4.9 rush/5.6 rec

L. McCoy 291 1,623 14 73 5.41 rush/7.1 rec

So, in 3 less overall attempts than Ajayi, Shady had 200 yards more, 6 more TDs, 5 more 1st downs, and better averages.

Yet, Ajayi is #31 and Shady isn't even on the list? Because of his blocking? Yeah right.

I wonder how good Ajayi's blitz pickup is? I couldn't find any stats on that. He's a bigger back, so he's probably better...but

how many times was he asked to do it? How did he fare? PFF notes that Shady had the lowest grade, but doesn't give any

reference to what other RBs grades were. Shady apparently gave up 13 QB pressures over the course of the season, no

sacks. Do 13 QB pressures (out of 92 blocks) really cancel out his stats?

I also find it interesting that only 4 RBs made the top 101 at all (Elliot #22, Johnson #23, Bell #27, and Ajayi #31---that's it).

I wonder how good Ajayi's blitz pickup is? I couldn't find any stats on that. He's a bigger back, so he's probably better...but

how many times was he asked to do it? How did he fare? PFF notes that Shady had the lowest grade, but doesn't give any

reference to what other RBs grades were. Shady apparently gave up 13 QB pressures over the course of the season, no

sacks. Do 13 QB pressures (out of 92 blocks) really cancel out his stats?

Since we get weekly PFF previews and post-game analysis, I can tell you that after Week 16, Ajayi had 0 sacks, 1 QB hit, 3 hurries to his name. Don't know how his Week 17 fared though.

Ajayi was asked to pass block on 62 snaps. His pass block grade was 58.0, in comparison to Shady's 37.1. Shady's 92 pass pro snaps were the 5th-highest number of any back in the entire NFL.

Other notable RB pass pro grades - Bell (81.7), Elliott (60.1), D Johnson (63.4), Gordon (77.6), Howard (80.7). Jonathan Stewart had the highest grade of 85.3.

That is just completely false. Moss and Revis are the first two that come to mind but I'm sure there are many more. Remember toms email comparing himself to manning? Please. Yes, they are great. But let's not get out of control. They have Brady and Bill B, the rest is just noise.

Matt Patricia very publically wore a shirt as he got off the plane from the SB depicting the NFL commissioner as a clown. They just won the championship but he can't let go that they were caught cheating. Grow up, indeed. Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree with you.

You should google Michael Jordan manufactured up sleights. Someone could say he was "one of the best players" to do something and he would get worked up over not being acknowledged simply as "the best". This has nothing to do with growing up, although it does expose a bias you have against him.

Since we get weekly PFF previews and post-game analysis, I can tell you that after Week 16, Ajayi had 0 sacks, 1 QB hit, 3 hurries to his name. Don't know how his Week 17 fared though.

Ajayi was asked to pass block on 62 snaps. His pass block grade was 58.0, in comparison to Shady's 37.1. Shady's 92 pass pro snaps were the 5th-highest number of any back in the entire NFL.

Other notable RB pass pro grades - Bell (81.7), Elliott (60.1), D Johnson (63.4), Gordon (77.6), Howard (80.7). Jonathan Stewart had the highest grade of 85.3.

Thanks for the info Blokestradamus. That definitely helps to build a better picture, and not in LeSean's favor because 37.1 looks pretty bad next to 60-80. But I still

wonder how big of an impact it is. I'm not saying pass blocking isn't an extremely important part of playing the position...the Super Bowl alone pointed that out, as did having C.J. Spiller on our team, but did Shady's low score prove to be a big enough detriment to his team to warrant not including him on the list?

If Ajayi had a clean week 17, then prorated out to Shady's 92 pass pro snaps (with McCoy's 13 QB pressures allowed), Jay would have 6 QB pressures (and/or hits) against him. So that equates to Shady giving up 1 more QB pressure than Ajayi every 2-1/4 games.

Again, I'm not saying that is insignificant, but is that really enough to downgrade him from like 30th (slightly better stats than Ajayi at 31) to about 103 (if he was indeed one of the guys that just missed cracking the list)? Maybe, if they were all important plays that turned a game (e.g., the pressure causing an interception or keeping the team from scoring). How did those 7 more pressures across a 16-game season affect his team. Were any of those passes completed despite the pressure? How much did the pressure affect the play? It just seems like a fairly ambiguous statistic to use to downgrade him that much. If he had given up a handful of sacks, I could understand it a bit more. But, I don't know.

He needs to just shut up and not worry about this stuff. Who cares???? NOBODY. He's a good rb but he is still an immature child.

Don't know you seem to be doing the same thing as him right now.

Don't worry he will be in the NFL top 100

Edited by Beef Jerky

Matt Patricia very publically wore a shirt as he got off the plane from the SB depicting the NFL commissioner as a clown. They just won the championship but he can't let go that they were caught cheating. Grow up, indeed.

:lol::lol::lol:

See Comment above. Use Burn Heal

I agree. This team doesn't have enough leadership and is full of "me first" type players. Then everyone wonders why we can't even sniff the playoffs.

Well said! Rex made it worse unfortunately

Matt Patricia very publically wore a shirt as he got off the plane from the SB depicting the NFL commissioner as a clown. They just won the championship but he can't let go that they were caught cheating. Grow up, indeed.

Not sure what one has to do with the other but ok

:lol::lol::lol:

See Comment above. Use Burn Heal

Patriots player McFly!

Don't know you seem to be doing the same thing as him right now.

Don't worry he will be in the NFL top 100

First of all I'm not a player, I'm a sad fan commenting on a web site, secondly I am not attacking someone elses opinion of my performance. So no I am not doing the same thing as he is.