Report: "Tyrod unwilling to take less to remain with bills"

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I don't think Tyrod is taking us to the playoffs unless a bunch of other QBs in the AFC get hurt or something next year. I like him as a football player and what we know of him as a person, he can be exciting at times, but he's just too limited. I don't know who they will replace him with or if that QB will have immediate success or if it will take a few years, but I just don't see it with TT. :( I really, really wanted him to be the guy, too.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Sadly, I don't think Tyrod is taking us to the playoffs unless a bunch of other QBs in the AFC get hurt or something next year. I like him as a football player and what we know of him as a person, he can be exciting at times, but he's just too limited. I don't know who they will replace him with or if that QB will have immediate success or if it will take a few years, but I just don't see it with TT. :( I really, really wanted him to be the guy, too.

The problem with takes like this is that they are totally subjective......just a gut feeling that is held as fact.

Did anyone see Tannehill and Matt Moore taking the Fish to the playoffs this year?

As bad as the QB'ing was in Houston they made the playoffs.

Bills fans tend to be defeatist by nature but the reality is that you can BUILD on 8-8 in the NFL.

Most people can't see that. Bravo. Yes, committing 30 million to Tyrod Taylor does change the options you have at QB. The Bills themselves said that they would pick up the option if TT was in their LONG TERM PLANS. So if we pick up TT then you are selling us on paying a QB 30 million who can't hit receivers in stride, who can only throw 2 main routes, and depends on running to get first downs.

You also will then not pick a QB in the first 3 rounds for at least 2 years. That would be horrible just to sell fans on false hope who still think this group is a playoff team.

This is simply not true. More importantly, it's time this stupid f****** franchise develops its own long term solution at QB instead of always having grass is greener syndrome. They unfortunately seem to listen to fans like you who don't know what they're talking about.

Oh screw it! Let the contract kick in and keep him here. There's no better options for the 2017 season right now, and we can win with him. If this new staff is better than the last one, they'll get more out of him, and with an improved defense, we're going to the playoffs.

This is simply not true. More importantly, it's time this stupid f****** franchise develops its own long term solution at QB instead of always having grass is greener syndrome. They unfortunately seem to listen to fans like you who don't know what they're talking about.

Tyrod can hit a receiver in stride on a GO ROUTE. Happy? He can't do it on bread and butter plays for most QB's such as a slant. Take a look at the Bills Run After Catch numbers. Terrible and that's due to a QB not throwing with anticipation.

And if you think Tyrod is a long term solution at QB I am afraid you might want to look in the mirror while saying others don't know what they are talking about.

Edited by jeffismagic

I think the only reason the Bills get rid of TT is to get Romo. Then they will draft a QB either this year or next and hope for a Farve/Rodgers type situation. Barring that, they keep TT, and can still pickup a QB (we need a backup anyway) later in the draft and next year as well (earlier if TT shows zero improvement next season).

I agree, Taylor is a good bridge if the price is fair with incentives

Marrone's problem was he totally misread the how much teams would hold it against him that he quit. If the Bills had fired him, IMO he'd likely have got hired by another team much faster.

First of all, we don't know if Marrone thought he was a hot commodity. In fact, he says he did NOT expect to get another HC job right away and that's not why he left.

Second of all, it's entirely different. Marrone had the opportunity to walk out of a contract and still get paid. Marrone had to act and by his actions made it clear he didn't want to be in Buffalo. Taylor wants to stay and - in any case - has no choice. This time it's the team, not the player, who has to choose.

The two situations are not analogous.