What's the Gillislie scoop ?

Pump those breaks, chief? Ok gramps. :lol:

And I never said Gillislee was better than McCoy.

Do you ever tire of being wrong and having me call you out on it? :lol:

Don't you have some yards per carry versus age graph to update?

:lol:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He need to be brought back the guy is $$ he can fill in the #1 spot if shay is down & our run game loses a little but not much if at all !

He's not Shady but he ain't a bad runner at all & could be a #1 back on a half a dozen other teams with no problem !!

He need to be brought back the guy is $$ he can fill in the #1 spot if shay is down & our run game loses a little but not much if at all !

He's not Shady but he ain't a bad runner at all & could be a #1 back on a half a dozen other teams with no problem !!

This. Keep the 2 headed running attack alive.

I hope we keep him, he's a good change of pace runner, and his one cut style is very much needed at times.

That being said, we can't really pay him too much, so I could see us moving to a mid round draft pick, or giving carries to J Williams

I hope we keep him, he's a good change of pace runner, and his one cut style is very much needed at times.

That being said, we can't really pay him too much, so I could see us moving to a mid round draft pick, or giving carries to J Williams

At a position where rookies can produce, Williams was unimpressive.

they need to keep M.G. We have no other depth at the position and would have to draft a RB in a later round. There are some backs there to like, but MG has the system down.

The healthy McCoy/MG tandem this year was amazing.

At a position where rookies can produce, Williams was unimpressive.

I agree. J. Williams was not very impressive. Making keeping MG even more important....or using a pick on a RB (something I'd rather not do this year).

Also good point. If we can get a 2nd or 3rd for him, then use that pick to draft a RB.

Agreed on J Will not looking impressive, I'm not calling for him to get Mike's carries (I really like Mike), but I could see us trying to use that position to save a couple bucks if we spend to keep Gilmore or pick up somebody expensive.

I believe he'll be getting at least a game for the DUI too.

After trotting out Boom herron, boobie dixon, Bryce brown, and tashard choice... I still can't understand when people say RBs are a dime a dozen.

Don't you have some yards per carry versus age graph to update?

:lol:

No you are confusing me with The Big Cat........I've never posted a graph or EVEN a single heat map in 21 years here. :lol:

I believe he'll be getting at least a game for the DUI too.

After trotting out Boom herron, boobie dixon, Bryce brown, and tashard choice... I still can't understand when people say RBs are a dime a dozen.

Good RB's are easy to find and not valued.

The numbers don't lie.

I've been a big MG fan since seeing his excellent footwork and execution of Roman's offense in the Houston game a couple years ago..........but $13M is a lot of money to have tied up in RB's......McCoy having a $9M cap number this year many mean they feel they have to go with all first contract guys at RB. I suspect someone will snap him up with a longer term deal if they try to sneak him by at the no-draft-pick $1.5M-$2M approx level tender.

I suspect someone will snap him up with a longer term deal if they try to sneak him by at the no-draft-pick $1.5M-$2M approx level tender.

Don't those two ideas kind of contradict each other?

I wouldn't really have a problem with Gilly getting a 2nd round tender given how important the running game is to this team, but I think that perhaps the smartest option would be to offer him a fully-guaranteed one-year deal worth $2M. It protects him from losing money due to injury if he plays on a tender contract that doesn't become guaranteed until Week 1.

No you are confusing me with The Big Cat........I've never posted a graph or EVEN a single heat map in 21 years here. :lol:

The numbers don't lie.

I've been a big MG fan since seeing his excellent footwork and execution of Roman's offense in the Houston game a couple years ago..........but $13M is a lot of money to have tied up in RB's......McCoy having a $9M cap number this year many mean they feel they have to go with all first contract guys at RB. I suspect someone will snap him up with a longer term deal if they try to sneak him by at the no-draft-pick $1.5M-$2M approx level tender.

He'd be a good replacement for Blount, truth be told. :)

Don't those two ideas kind of contradict each other?

I wouldn't really have a problem with Gilly getting a 2nd round tender given how important the running game is to this team, but I think that perhaps the smartest option would be to offer him a fully-guaranteed one-year deal worth $2M. It protects him from losing money due to injury if he plays on a tender contract that doesn't become guaranteed until Week 1.

That's a good idea.

But saying someone might risk $3M-$4M per year to a guy like Gillislee who has produced at an extraordinary level on close to a seasons worth of carries for a lead back over the past season and half is not saying much about the value of RB production.

Contrast his extrapolated production to the potential of a recently inked good #3/passable #2 WR like Mohammed Sanu........that would be about HALF of what Sanu earns.

And that is perhaps with MG as the only back on a second contract with that team.

RB production is CHEAP.

As I said people wonder why there aren't many high production backs in FA.....it's not because they are all getting retained........it's because 6 of the top 10 rushers are on first contracts.

The thing is, he could start for a lot of teams. He is a good RB.

If Karlos gets his act together he could start for Pittsburgh next year too if they decide to let Bell go.

It somehow seems to have evaded the information feed of 26DB but Pitt re-upped him despite his suspension. :flirt:

McCoy is nasty. IDK where our team would be if we didnt trade for him. He brought his A game last season. I think he has at least 3 more good years left in the tank as long as we dont run him into the ground. Which makes Gillislee more important. IF AP can have good seasons at this age with all his injuries and his work load I think Shady can rock for another 3 years easy.

we would be drafting 3 or 4 this year instead of 10 and still missing the playoffs without him. I dont get why people care if we have a guy or not when we remained out of the playoffs. Its not like we drafted him, hes a hired gun and an expensive one at that. Did you really enjoy that 7-9 season? how about the 8-8 letdown? or the 9-7 season where we missed the playoffs with a top rated D? Who cares who we had? Whoever we had will be gone and not help us with the next season anyways, and leave us with another middling draft spot.

that being said I think mcCoy will be alot like the scat back from tampa all those years (forgot name) and will be good for many years since he doesnt take hard hits, doesnt rely solely on speed (shiftyness, vision and pass catching) I see him like sproles, just lasting and lasting. So IF we make the playoffs ever, THEN ill be glad hes here, Dont forget he is still a mental case though.