Joey Bosa wins DROY, Dak wins OROY

YoloinOhio

man a lot of people thought bosa was gonna bust out and not in the good way. some crow being eaten

yup.he was the best player in the draft. For all the crap we give the Chargers, they got this very right. Trust the film.

I still maintain Joey Bosa is the greatest defensive player in Ohio State history. I've yet to see a convincing argument otherwise.

his 2014 season was insane. Best freshman DL I've ever seen until Ed Oliver this year.

We all say novenas that his little brother nick will be as good. Alas, it's ok if he's "himself"

Edited by YoloinOhio

At this rate, the Jets will draft a QB and Devin Smith will win Comeback Player of the year.

bills should trade for him. Cardale -- >> Devin = $

It was (probably inarguably) the greatest rookie class a school has ever produced. ESPN did that article on it a couple of weeks ago.

un. Real. Should have been two national titles.

Zeke is great, but his impact pales in comparison to a good QB. That's just the way it is.

Right. And it's MUCH harder to have an excellent season as a rookie QB than as a rookie RB.

Rookie RBs have great seasons all the time. It's one of the easiest positions to acclimate to in the NFL.

I think they made the right choice.

Zeke is great, but his impact pales in comparison to a good QB. That's just the way it is.

He was one of the best few players in football (finished 3rd in MVP voting). Dak had a nice year but Zeke is the reason that they were dominant. There's s difference between good and great players. I like Dak quite a bit and in just about any other year he'd be deserving. Zeke's season that was better than the best season numerous HOF backs (Riggins, Bettis, etc...). Dak had one of the best years a rookie QB has ever had. Zeke had a year that ranks with the best any RB has ever had. That's the difference IMO. Zeke's season is a top 30 or so season all-time for a RB (maybe higher). Dak's isn't a top 200 all-time. Edited by Kirby Jackson

He was one of the best few players in football (finished 3rd in MVP voting). Dak had a nice year but Zeke is the reason that they were dominant. There's s difference between good and great players. I like Dak quite a bit and in just about any other year he'd be deserving. Zeke's season that was better than the best season numerous HOF backs (Riggins, Bettis, etc...). Dak had one of the best years a rookie QB has ever had. Zeke had a year that ranks with the best any RB has ever had. That's the difference IMO. Zeke's season is a top 30 or so season all-time for a RB (maybe higher). Dak's isn't a top 200 all-time.

Zeke puts out 3 more years like that and he'll go in the HoF before TO.

He was one of the best few players in football (finished 3rd in MVP voting). Dak had a nice year but Zeke is the reason that they were dominant. There's s difference between good and great players. I like Dak quite a bit and in just about any other year he'd be deserving. Zeke's season that was better than the best season numerous HOF backs (Riggins, Bettis, etc...). Dak had one of the best years a rookie QB has ever had. Zeke had a year that ranks with the best any RB has ever had. That's the difference IMO. Zeke's season is a top 30 or so season all-time for a RB (maybe higher). Dak's isn't a top 200 all-time.

I fully agree with you that Zeke is the better player and more talented player than Dak. Zeke even as a rookie is in the lofty Peterson talent category for RBs. But I disagree (respectfully but strenuously) with you on who is the more important player for the Cowboys. Dak competently taking over the qb position when Romo got hurt was what allowed the Cowboys to have a successful season. I have no doubt (I'm sure you disagree) that if the Cowboys could have one or the other player they would take the qb.

I have previously used the same analogy with the Raiders. There is no doubt Kalil Mack is an all-pro caliber of player while Carr is a good qb. If you rank the talent levels for the respective positions Mack ranks demonstrably higher. But as far as importance to the team Carr is immensely more important. Again, if you ask the Raiders which player they would prefer to keep if they had to make a choice undoubtedly it would be the qb.

I fully agree with you that Zeke is the better player and more talented player than Dak. Zeke even as a rookie is in the lofty Peterson talent category for RBs. But I disagree (respectfully but strenuously) with you on who is the more important player for the Cowboys. Dak competently taking over the qb position when Romo got hurt was what allowed the Cowboys to have a successful season. I have no doubt (I'm sure you disagree) that if the Cowboys could have one or the other player they would take the qb.

I have previously used the same analogy with the Raiders. There is no doubt Kalil Mack is an all-pro caliber of player while Carr is a good qb. If you rank the talent levels for the respective positions Mack ranks demonstrably higher. But as far as importance to the team Carr is immensely more important. Again, if you ask the Raiders which player they would prefer to keep if they had to make a choice undoubtedly it would be the qb.

I will never disagree that the QB isn't more important. The award to me is "who was the best player?" Zeke was the better player.

For those who admit they were wrong about Bosa, I'm genuinely curious as to why you thought he wouldn't be a great NFL player. It was more than few people who thought this, not just on this board. I just don't get it.

I was just coming here to say I was wrong about him, too (not that I explicitly stated it pre-draft). I honestly thought he was undersized and didn't have enough speed to make up for it. But I just looked back and he's apparently 6'5" and 270#, so I don't know where I got my perception from :lol:

I was just coming here to say I was wrong about him, too (not that I explicitly stated it pre-draft). I honestly thought he was undersized and didn't have enough speed to make up for it. But I just looked back and he's apparently 6'5" and 270#, so I don't know where I got my perception from :lol:

he played at 290 in college because he played inside and outside on the DL, and actually lost weight pre-combine to try and run faster. He did both DE and LB drills. He ended up staying at 270 once he was drafted by SD because he was going to OLB in a 3-4. Not sure what Gus Bradley will do with him in the 4-3 - LEO? But he shouldn't mess much with what worked last year imo.