Bills interested in Romo!

KGun12TD

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboys SS Barry Church told a Dallas radio station that Tony Romo played "like 2014 Romo" in late-season practices.

He looked great back there," Church said. "He was dropping some dimes, some serious dimes against the No. 1 defense. We went against him on 7-on-7 drills." Church said he would answer "Yeah, go get him," if asked by a quarterback-needy team whether Romo was worth pursuing.

- Dallas morning news

Cowboys SS Barry Church told a Dallas radio station that Tony Romo played "like 2014 Romo" in late-season practices.

He looked great back there," Church said. "He was dropping some dimes, some serious dimes against the No. 1 defense. We went against him on 7-on-7 drills." Church said he would answer "Yeah, go get him," if asked by a quarterback-needy team whether Romo was worth pursuing.

- Dallas morning news

Brett Favre looks good when nobody is hitting him in those copper fit commercials............and he hasn't had 6 separate bone breaks/fractures in the past 6 years.....just a thought. :beer:

- Dallas morning news

:lol: 7-on-7

There's no doubting Romos skill as a QB.

But why is it so hard to comprehend that he is made of glass at this point?

Trading for him will blow up in our faces.

To me it's a calculated risk. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle and he stays healthy for a year? If not what is the worst that can happen? We suck like always?

To me it's a calculated risk. Maybe you catch lightning in a bottle and he stays healthy for a year? If not what is the worst that can happen? We suck like always?

could get some huge production out of the offense! from 9 to 1. Grab a safety at 10...i wouldnt go wr. i'd grab a cheap wr in FA

That's just what Buffalo needs a 36 year old QB who can't stay healthy.....oh yeah and he costs $20,000,000.00/YR

If traded to a new team, Tony Romo would only cost $14 million (his base salary) against the cap for his new team. He would be owed a base salary of $19.5m in 2018 and $20.5m in 2019, however, none of that is guaranteed, so he could be released with zero dead cap hit. Essentially, a trade for Romo would be like a one year "prove it" deal for $14m, with a team option (year to year) for the next two seasons, with zero dead money if released at any time.

It would certainly be a calculated risk, as no one can say with 100% certainty that he will or will not stay healthy. I'm not sure the Cowboys will be willing to eat all of his dead money in 2017 however, so I think it's more likely that he is designated a post-June 1st release. For the Cowboys it's really about the decision between receiving compensation and the ability to spread his cap hit over two years.

Edited by Tommy

If traded to a new team, Tony Romo would only cost $14 million (his base salary) against the cap for his new team. He would be owed a base salary of $19.5m in 2018 and $20.5m in 2019, however, none of that is guaranteed, so he could be released with zero dead cap hit. Essentially, a trade for Romo would be like a one year "prove it" deal for $14m, with a team option (year to year) for the next two seasons, with zero dead money if released at any time.

It would certainly be a calculated risk, as no one can say with 100% certainty that he will or will not stay healthy. I'm not sure the Cowboys will be willing to eat all of his dead money in 2017 however, so I think it's more likely that he is designated a post-June 1st release. For the Cowboys it's really about the decision between receiving compensation and the ability to spread his cap hit over two years.

The guy is SUCH an injury risk that you just can't rely on him playing for that entire year at only 14M

Yeah cap-wise it's very do-able.

It's just that much of the success of this Buffalo offense has been predicated around having a run-pass-run option at QB..........changing to Romo requires some improvements to the OL and WR corps.......moves they don't really HAVE to make with Tyrod......he put up points with no WR and Jordan Mills allowing a constant assault on him. Is it really in the best interest to also pay $6M-$8M each for a RT and Bob Woods in FA?

And then you have to keep your fingers crossed because Romo has had 6 separate bone breaks and fractures(and surgery for herniated disc in back) since 2010......including breaking the same point on his collar bone twice in one season and 3 times in that span.

An important point about Romo is that this is a guy who is going to take hits. He tries to keep plays alive and put the ball downfield. That is his nature. This isn't going to be Peyton Manning going entire games in Denver without taking a hit on his one career injury(neck). This is much riskier from an availability perspective.

The guy is SUCH an injury risk that you just can't rely on him playing for that entire year at only 14M

That would be true if there was an abundance of other options.

Show me a franchise guy that becomes available without having risks/question marks. Like I said, it is basically a lotto ticket

Yeah cap-wise it's very do-able.

It's just that much of the success of this Buffalo offense has been predicated around having a run-pass-run option at QB..........changing to Romo requires some improvements to the OL and WR corps.......moves they don't really HAVE to make with Tyrod......he put up points with no WR and Jordan Mills allowing a constant assault on him. Is it really in the best interest to also pay $6M-$8M each for a RT and Bob Woods in FA?

And then you have to keep your fingers crossed because Romo has had 6 separate bone breaks and fractures(and surgery for herniated disc in back) since 2010......including breaking the same point on his collar bone twice in one season and 3 times in that span.

An important point about Romo is that this is a guy who is going to take hits. He tries to keep plays alive and put the ball downfield. That is his nature. This isn't going to be Peyton Manning going entire games in Denver without taking a hit on his one career injury(neck). This is much riskier from an availability perspective.

That is a great point. Can he adapt? maybe. He does run an absolutely beautiful play action fake.