What discontinued product do you wish they would bring back?

ChevyVanMiller

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THAT was the most dangerous toy from your childhood? I grew up with Jarts. My father grew up with a chemistry set that included uranium, cyanide, and the instructions and chemicals for making explosives.

Friggin' kids these days. Can't even choke on a Lego brick any more.

Jarts you say? Here is one of my favorite columns that I wrote over my 13 years with the Reporter. Liberate the Jart, America.

http://niagarafallsreporter.com/croisdale259.html

Jarts you say? Here is one of my favorite columns that I wrote over my 13 years with the Reporter. Liberate the Jart, America.

http://niagarafallsreporter.com/croisdale259.html

I did not know they were banned. Might even be a set left in one of my family's basements.

I do disagree about one point in article:

Should we ban baseball? Of course not.

Baseball should be banned; it is such a gungy sport.

I think Big Wheels was killed by The Shining

Red Rum! :ph34r:

My neighbor's 5 year old is always riding around on one of those. One day I went for a walk and two identically dressed little girls (not twins though) where also outside. I immediately turned around and went back inside.

I did not know they were banned. Might even be a set left in one of my family's basements.

I do disagree about one point in article:

Baseball should be banned; it is such a gungy sport.

Since I wrote the article I now own three sets - one standard Jarts, one adjustable Javelin Jarts, one Slider Jarts.

I throw them often. The Sliders are my favorite, they seem to have a more fluid line of flight.

One set I found at a yard sale. The other two I bought at ioffer.com, though it appears that they stopped listing them there, too.

A good set sells for about $100, the sliders can fetch nearly twice that much.

Since I wrote the article I now own three sets - one standard Jarts, one adjustable Javelin Jarts, one Slider Jarts.

I throw them often. The Sliders are my favorite, they seem to have a more fluid line of flight.

One set I found at a yard sale. The other two I bought at ioffer.com, though it appears that they stopped listing them there, too.

A good set sells for about $100, the sliders can fetch nearly twice that much.

Have you ever sharpened those suckers?

THAT was the most dangerous toy from your childhood? I grew up with Jarts. My father grew up with a chemistry set that included uranium, cyanide, and the instructions and chemicals for making explosives.

Friggin' kids these days. Can't even choke on a Lego brick any more.

Oh we had jarts. By most dangerous I meant most broken bones it caused.

I'm a millennial you cant insult me cause then I'll feel bad and start rioting and breaking things to show my frustration.

Big Wheel with a homemade ramp made from a door and some cinder blocks

We did one that lead into a creek, the creek was only 6" deep (we weren't that smart)

Oh we had jarts. By most dangerous I meant most broken bones it caused.

I'm a millennial you cant insult me cause then I'll feel bad and start rioting and breaking things to show my frustration.

We did one that lead into a creek, the creek was only 6" deep (we weren't that smart)

Broken bones? You're whining about broken bones? The last two times I broke my ankle, I set it myself. My sister once broke her leg skiing...and skied for another hour on it. You frickin' millennials are such kitties.

Broken bones? You're whining about broken bones? The last two times I broke my ankle, I set it myself. My sister once broke her leg skiing...and skied for another hour on it. You frickin' millennials are such kitties.

now you've done it.

I'm going to go Riot in the street.

bbb.jpg

Pizzerias (chips)

Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Pudding Pops (would have to get the variety pack to get them, but haven't seen them anymore)

For fast food stuff:

The Double Down at KFC, the two pieces of fried chicken with bacon cheese and a sauce in between them, god it was bad for you but was sooooo good!

Also at Wendys they used to have the Wild Mountain Chicken Sandwich (had a cheeseburger too but I always went with the chicken) was a spicy chicken with bacon cheese and this wild mountain ranch on it (was like a southwestern spicy ranch sauce)

Calvin & Hobbes

Absolutely.

Mr. Wonderful's Surprise.

Best. Cereal. Ever. (and I mean EVER!)

My mom shopped every other week, Friday afternoon after my dad was paid. We were allowed two boxes of this fantastic, chocolatey and sugar filled cereal. By Saturday morning both boxes were gone and my siblings and I were bouncing off the walls while watching Saturday Morning cartoons.

I'd eat it now as an adult if it was available. I know my Hubby would too.