Rex Ryan on his NFL future: "I'm tired of getting !@#&#036

YoloinOhio

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they absolutely did recognise it. I think they came very close to firing him.... ultimately they backed out of it. It was not acting that hurt them.

I think the Pegulas are the sort of bosses who identify problems/failure to meet expectations then give an employee every opportunity to turn things around. I think Rex told them a tale of not really the right personnel or "buy in" on D and maybe not enough coaches or the right coaches to really work with the players on D. I think the Pegulas response was to give Rex a blank check to hire whatever additional coaches and assistants he wanted and focus the draft on the exact defensive players he wanted.

I don't believe the "ultimatum" story, but I do believe there were changes the Pegulas wanted to see: a disciplined, well-prepared team that fights hard and competes to the end of every game, good game management by the coaches, no stupid penalties. And they, like the rest of us hapless fans watching the games, did not see these things, or at least not consistently.

Bye, Rex, don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord splitcha.

Very classless reaction by Rex. If he is being f***ed over, he is the one doing the f***ing.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

How do you know Rex was lying about Schwartz? He did say "That is the truth!". Yes, Ryan is a Douche, but don't think he's a liar. If I recall correctly, it did take about a week or two before Schwartz was out as the team's DC after Rex joined the team. Is Whaley so bad people don't want to play for him?????

How do you know Rex was lying about Schwartz? He did say "That is the truth!". Yes, Ryan is a Douche, but don't think he's a liar. If I recall correctly, it did take about a week or two before Schwartz was out as the team's DC after Rex joined the team. Is Whaley so bad people don't want to play for him?????

Even if he is telling the truth it should remain behind closed doors and was a douche thing to do to Schwartz.

In typical bombastic Rex Ryan fashion, he proceeds to burn bridges in a league which has a long memory. It is an utterly classless interview which points fingers at everyone but himself and his incompetent brother. IMHO, this act is worse than Marrone's. Marrone left but kept his mouth firmly shut. As he, and every other fired coach, should. Marrone got his chance again. Ryan is pretty much done. I never liked the hire and was happy he is gone. But now I am doubly so and wish no luck to him either.

Just read Jay Skurski's summation of the Daily News interview with Ryan. What a classless, senseless, irresponsible, obnoxious, pathetic ingrate.

Saying he doesn't wish the team luck (to me, shows you just how close this 'players' coach' really is to his players), blaming everyone else for his failure and taking zero responsibility, implying the Bills position was not a "realistic opportunity", suggesting he joined a team in disarray as he was "not real lucky coming in there with the situation" he did, and bragging about the additional 15 million the Bills have to pay him.

What a classless moron, the incompetent huckster fool he has defined himself as over the last 7-8 years.

Talk about burning your bridges. Stupid, classless, clown.

Reading this article proves that Rex and Mehta are in an alternate universe. Mehta starts by saying Rex got shafted. Then he says "even if it meant taking some of the blame for what went terribly wrong in Buffalo" So Rex has no responsibility for destroying the defense? Rex says the DC quit? No, you fired him. And it just goes downhill from there, as Mehta gives the most thorough ballwashing of Rex this side of Hochuli on Brady. Clearly Mehta simply decided to overlook the disorganization on both offense and defense (10 players on the deciding play of the season anyone?). Good riddance. I admit I was completely fooled by this clown and thought the Bills had pulled a coup by landing this guy, the biggest name FA coach in 2015. But in the immortal words of Chuck Dickerson, Rex Ryan was all talk and no ass.

Edited by Freddie's Dead