A Lynn reflects on time in Bflo; knew he wasn't getting job

YoloinOhio

Anthony Lynn reflects on time in Buffalo, knew he wasn't going to get the job

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/28/anthony-lynn-reflects-on-time-in-buffalo-knew-he-wasnt-going-to-get-the-job/

While reportedly being the favorite to land the Bills coaching job, Lynn wasnt surprised he didnt get hired due to the already slim odds the interim coach has, generally, in seizing the occupation

I mean, when you think about it, how many times does the interim head coach really get the job? It doesnt happen very often. Lynn said. And when you fire the head coach, sometimes you just want a clean slate, and I kind of sensed that a little bit, and so I never really felt like that was my job.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anthony Lynn reflects on time in Buffalo, knew he wasn't going to get the job

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/28/anthony-lynn-reflects-on-time-in-buffalo-knew-he-wasnt-going-to-get-the-job/

Eh, he's just basing that off of the interim failure rate in the NFL. I don't think he got the sense he truly had no shot. By all accounts the Pegulas liked him and he was near the top of their list.

I think its more likely McD swept them all off their feet and left Lynn as the bridesmaid. If McD wasn't around, I think Lynn would've been the guy.

Eh, he's just basing that off of the interim failure rate in the NFL. I don't think he got the sense he truly had no shot. By all accounts the Pegulas liked him and he was near the top of their list.

I think its more likely McD swept them all off their feet and left Lynn as the bridesmaid. If McD wasn't around, I think Lynn would've been the guy.

Respectfully disagree.

While McD may have blown away ownership, I believe Lynn's senses were not imagined and spot on.

He still did it in 4 months, just with a different team. many consider him the best hire this year.

Yep, they let someone else do it. And one person has called him the best hire. Likely because he inherits a franchise QB, keeps Whis, and added Bradley.

Respectfully disagree.

While McD may have blown away ownership, I believe Lynn's senses were not imagined and spot on.

This. The stench of the Rex Ryan character assassination was stuck to Lynn and Thurman. Lynn did a good job with the OC position so he made it out to LA as the HC. Any news on Thurman?

Yep, they let someone else do it. And one person has called him the best hire. Likely because he inherits a franchise QB, keeps Whis, and added Bradley.

I imagine He's also gonna add elements from the running game they ran here, which would upgrade what the Chargers have now. Their division is the hardest in the league hands down. The Chargers are gonna need a few really good drafts if they ever hope to hop over Defensive Denver, Lucky Clutch Chiefs, and the Carr Ridin Raiders.

He also has the hardest job in an uphill battle. A soft defense, bad O-Line and plays in the hardest division. 2 Good to Great defenses and one really good Offense.

Edited by Marty McFly

This. The stench of the Rex Ryan character assassination was stuck to Lynn and Thurman. Lynn did a good job with the OC position so he made it out to LA as the HC. Any news on Thurman?

Not only by Bills fans but by at least some of the players. I also think he would have had that as added pressure to succeed. If the results were not there the perception would have been that he was one of Rex's guys. This way he starts fresh with a new team. No Rex baggage went with him to Los Angeles.

I do think the way the Bills played in that game did influence the decision some.

I don't. I was kidding. ALynn's job that day was to lose for the draft pick. Mission accomplished. That loss was the difference between picking 10th or 15th. No franchise in their right mind would judge a coach on that game.