RT Riley Reiff ?

"At 6-foot-6, 305-pounds, Reiff possesses the ideal size and athleticism of a starting tackle in the NFL. With a short shuttle time of 4.75 seconds, Reiff owns the lateral quickness that is demanded to shut down the NFL’s premier pass rushers. Plus, Reiff has five seasons of experience under his belt at both left and right tackle.

Reiff’s versatility will be demanded on the free agent market, but if the Bills come calling for the former Hawkeye, then Reiff may be destined for the right side."

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/27/bills-2017-nfl-free-agent-targets-ot-riley-reiff/

That would be a good move it the Bills can afford it.

What makes you say that? What info you got?

I'd assume based on paying 3 lineman already. And a TE and a RB and a QB. Can only give out so many big vet deals and RT is likely to be a spot you can save.

He will cost too much. Look for us to grab a 2nd tier guy or rely on a draft pick.

It all depends on your priorities. And how important you believe the Oline is to the success of the offense and winning. Personally, considering the potential of getting a starting RT in the draft is poor this year beyond the 1st round, and our high picks this year are needed elsewhere. FA is the best way to finish our O-line. We are a decent RT away from having a top quality O-line. I feel that while TT is a passable bridge QB, his contract is a detriment to building a playoff worthy team. If you don't pick up his huge contract, you not only have the cap space to resign Gillmore, you can afford to resign most of your own FAs you feel are worth resigning with the exception Woods. And you can sign a Free agent RT that will start immediately and finish the line to allow whomever your bridge QB is to play to his maximum potential. I would prefer Ricky Wagner for his experience at RT, his versatility and his age, but would be open to Reif if he was willing and able to switch to RT. Recently losing the option of having Kujo at swing tackle makes the option even more appealing.

Can't see it happening unless all 32 teams view him strictly as a RT as some team will come offering him LT type money and want to play him there. Also makes me a bit nervous taking a guy who's only played RT one season.

Thought I had read the RT from Baltimore is also a FA this season?

As I previously posted Ricky Wagner , RT previously of Baltimore would be my preference..

No, we'll rely on Whaley to find a guy that can play above what he's getting paid.

Re: The Bills addiction to Dumpster Diving.

Is there no chance Henderson will stop using weed and pan out as a player for the Bills at RT? How many games left in his suspension? 10 to serve....I don't recall how many he got served last year. BTW....I think he needs to get a good lawyer and sue the NFL and the Players union in his circumstance, he can make it really uncomfortable for the NFL and Union and might just win.

As I previously posted Ricky Wagner

Re: The Bills addiction to Dumpster Diving.

works for the *cheats

Is there no chance Henderson will stop using weed and pan out as a player for the Bills at RT? How many games left in his suspension? 10 to serve....I don't recall how many he got served last year. BTW....I think he needs to get a good lawyer and sue the NFL and the Players union in his circumstance, he can make it really uncomfortable for the NFL and Union and might just win.

the nfl is looking into marijuana advocacy but its a slippery slope and won't happen quickly if at all

No, we'll rely on Whaley to find a guy that can play above what he's getting paid.

or vice versa?

if he becomes healthy enough, he should have no problem removing anything that might factor in getting him another suspension,

and someone mentioned losing CK, Simpleman perhaps? I did not know we had lost him. he has one more years on contract doesn't he ?

I prefer to keep him as swing tackle this season coming.

now way we are picking up Reiff, not that i am against it wholly.

But Bills can upgrade with an FA vet.

anyone but Mills, well almost anyone..

or vice versa?

if he becomes healthy enough, he should have no problem removing anything that might factor in getting him another suspension,

and someone mentioned losing CK, Simpleman perhaps? I did not know we had lost him. he has one more years on contract doesn't he ?

I prefer to keep him as swing tackle this season coming.

now way we are picking up Reiff, not that i am against it wholly.

But Bills can upgrade with an FA vet.

anyone but Mills, well almost anyone..

The Bills have a history of understating injuries. May be back in time for season in best case scenario , but also possible lost season, could even be career threatening for an OT having a hip injury that affects future mobility and effectiveness.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191868-cyrus-kouandjio-injures-hip-in-fall-at-home;-has-surgery/?p=4234660

Edited by simpleman

The Bills have a history of understating injuries. May be back in time for season in best case scenario , but also possible lost season, could even be career threatening for an OT having a hip injury that affects future mobility and effectiveness.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/191868-cyrus-kouandjio-injures-hip-in-fall-at-home;-has-surgery/?p=4234660

the Official word is he will be ready for Camp.

we shall see how that plays out.

I would like to see him on the field again this coming year. Much improved

Edited by 3rdand12

he's gonna get 10 mil per to play that spot. we are gonna have to pick up a cheap option but i wish we'd just make the choice of swapping glenn and kujo.

This makes sense to me, but folks keep telling me it won't work. Why not? Glenn is getting paid. The question is, is the drop off from Glenn at LT to Kujo lesser or greater than the improvement going from Mills to Glenn. Of course, it's also a matter of overall chemistry, but the latter idea appears at least plausibly a significant overall upgrade.

Well, that's depressing.