Zach Brown named to Pro Bowl

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I meant year to year to show number of no shows.

Moving Semi-Pro Bowl to before Superbowl certainly increased number of declines.

Moving away from Hawaii certainly increased number of declines.

I don't know year over year and agree on Hawaii. There are 10 in the NFC and 9 in the AFC now but Tyrod was offered and declined so that would make 10 in the AFC according to Bleacher Report.

Not sure what happened to this guy, but he was a beast in some games earlier in the year (best player on field at Foxboro) and really regressed. He played a factor in the three 200 yard rushing games and was flat out awful in a huge game against Pitt.

I wouldn't invest a big contract with him based on second half performance

It's a nice honor for all of these guys. The players, coaches and fans thought that they were among the better players at their positions. We can act as if it's no big deal but it puts all of these guys in the top handful within the AFC. It may be watered down some but it's still an honor.

Congrats to Shady, Richie, Tyrod, Lorax, Kyle, Gilmore and Zach Brown on their invites!!

Agreed

Yeah, it's a real mark of shame these days.

Not what I said.....

Should call it the nucci award - completely meaningless like last draft pick in draft.

I'm completely meaningless?

Edited by nucci

He gets a lot of flack around here and I don't understand why. He led the team in tackles with 149, 5th best in team history.

A great recipe for accumulating tackles is a defense that can't get off the field. When the other team's running back is rushing 30+ times a game and trampling you for 200+ yards there's going to be plenty of tackles to go around. Rex can't be blamed for everything, the Brown brothers in the middle of the field are culpable for a large share of the defensive problems.

He gets a lot of flack around here and I don't understand why. He led the team in tackles with 149, 5th best in team history.

Congrats, Zack!

Did you watch the Steelers game? I would have cut him for lack of effort unless he was injured or something we don't know. It was like playing with 10 guys. Very memorable to me.

Edited by bmur66

It's a nice honor for all of these guys. The players, coaches and fans thought that they were among the better players at their positions. We can act as if it's no big deal but it puts all of these guys in the top handful within the AFC. It may be watered down some but it's still an honor.

Congrats to Shady, Richie, Tyrod, Lorax, Kyle, Gilmore and Zach Brown on their invites!!

7 players?? You'd think they'd won 12 games!

Congrats, Zack!

It was just a general statement....nothing against Brown. Sorry if interpreted this way

7 players?? You'd think they'd won 12 games!

I have been of the belief over the last couple of years that the talent was there. When I watch a lot of these other games I look around and ask myself "is this team more talented than the Bills?" Usually the answer is no. The Bills had a +41 point differential through week 16. This validates it somewhat and is an even bigger indictment on the Ryan era. They got less out of more than I thought they could have. The numbers support that they should have been better. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Not sure what happened to this guy, but he was a beast in some games earlier in the year (best player on field at Foxboro) and really regressed. He played a factor in the three 200 yard rushing games and was flat out awful in a huge game against Pitt.

I wouldn't invest a big contract with him based on second half performance

Looked to me like he had no idea how to run in the snow. I'm serious.

I'm not saying Lorax, Gillmore, Brown did not have a decent year in general, but a Probowl worthy year, no way! If you are not even in the top ten rated at your position, you should not be playing in a Pro Bowl. These replacement invites have reached embarrassing levels of mediocrity. Richie and Kyle earned it. The others were signs of honor-rot in the Probowl. I would like to see the list of those that turned down or were ineligible due to being in the SB or injured before they went down the list far enough to select them, it must have been massive.

Edited by simpleman