Rapoport: Hints that Bills Are Likely to Keep Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not on board with picking up the option because it limits the Bills in 2018. Specifically, there are a lot of aging franchise QBs in this league who may be made unexpectedly available if those teams decide to move on with a drafted QB in the next couple of years. If Brees, Manning, Rothlesburger or even Brady have a so so year and that team has a replacement in place and make a change, the Bills could be on the outside looking in after being on the hook for Taylor's large 2018 contract. I hope the plan is to not pick up the option and let Taylor know they only want him back on one year contract. I don't even care if that 2017 contract is in the 15 million dollar range. Just can't be on the hook for 2018. I'd have no problem rolling with Jones or a rookie if Taylor turns down the one year offer.

I'm not on board with picking up the option because it limits the Bills in 2018. Specifically, there are a lot of aging franchise QBs in this league who may be made unexpectedly available if those teams decide to move on with a drafted QB in the next couple of years. If Brees, Manning, Rothlesburger or even Brady have a so so year and that team has a replacement in place and make a change, the Bills could be on the outside looking in after being on the hook for Taylor's large 2018 contract. I hope the plan is to not pick up the option and let Taylor know they only want him back on one year contract. I don't even care if that 2017 contract is in the 15 million dollar range. Just can't be on the hook for 2018. I'd have no problem rolling with Jones or a rookie if Taylor turns down the one year offer.

This makes no sense... I thought the reason we move on from Tyrod is because he's not a franchise QB, and were trying to build for sustained success. Your reason for not bringing him in is because you want to bring in a 40 something year old QB who's apparently flamed out with his team?

I'm cool with moving on if you want to get younger or something, but I'm not for cutting him because we "might" get someone in 2018... Without knowing who's available, or why... or whether they'd come here.

Keep him or cut him, but just have a PLAN.

Edited by dneveu

This makes no sense... I thought the reason we move on from Tyrod is because he's not a franchise QB, and were trying to build for sustained success. Your reason for not bringing him in is because you want to bring in a 40 something year old QB who's apparently flamed out with his team?

I'm cool with moving on if you want to get younger or something, but I'm not for cutting him because we "might" get someone in 2018... Without knowing who's available, or why... or whether they'd come here.

Keep him or cut him, but just have a PLAN.

If it were me, I'd move on from Tyrod and have Jones as the starter. If they want to bring Taylor back as a bridge to the franchise QB, then I'm only ok only if they don't pick up the option. One of the reasons for that is because the Bills could be a team that's only a QB away from a championship. You have to think of multiple scenarios that could pop up and I don't want the Bills to be stuck with Taylor's contract for 2018.

7th in points after his last start. I dont have a problem if they draft a guy but they are nuts if they let him go. For all you he cant lead a team from behind people. Eli Manning who is sixth on the all time list with 30 had a grand TOTAL of 5 4th quarter comebacks his first three years as starter COMBINED!

I like Taylor and all but the Pro Bowl is a joke at this point.... If you're "first ballot" Pro Bowl then it means something.

That said, I would keep Taylor and try to win now.

Did you see that flaming pile of garbage that was the AFC playoff field?

Even with Rex "I work 9-3" Ryan barely trying to coach and this team with all the injuries, I think they could have beaten everyone in the playoff except for NE.

Imagine if the head coach actually prepared and was plugged in and we get a little lucky with injuries. Keep Tyrod and let's get into the playoffs!

Who scares you, aside from NE?

The AFC is garbage right now.

I'm for bringing Tyrod back, but not at that stupid contract. We didn't have to pay him $10m last year, and could've have franchised him this year if he blew up. Instead he might've regressed and we will have been on the hook for $50m if we exercise the option and add what we paid him last year that we didn't have to. Hopefully there's some goodwill from paying him more than we had to last year, but if he doesn't want to re-negotiate you have to let him walk unless our aspirations are 8-8.

Jones?? Rookie?? starts??? You are nuts. TT deserves the contract and doesn't get the credit he deserves. 2018? We want to win now and two years from now will come fast enough. Lets worry about this coming year first. I love TT and he makes the game interesting. If he had a receiver maybe he would have better stats. Hogan sure was a good guy to get rid of. Now he gets a ring and thanks us all the way to the bank.

Jones?? Rookie?? starts??? You are nuts. TT deserves the contract and doesn't get the credit he deserves. 2018? We want to win now and two years from now will come fast enough. Lets worry about this coming year first. I love TT and he makes the game interesting. If he had a receiver maybe he would have better stats. Hogan sure was a good guy to get rid of. Now he gets a ring and thanks us all the way to the bank.

Three and outs are boring.

Ha ha ha this is so funny thanks for the laugh

Question..... and Hypothetical.

Say Bills Pick up the option

Then they draft Mahomes in the 2nd (Trubinksy and Watson where gone by their 1st).

Now Mahomes comes in and OUTPLAYS TT in the offseason.

Do you really think ANYONE on the Bills will have the STONES to play the Rookie over the guy they just committed to with 27.5M? (ALA Seattle)

No they don't, and that is why I hate picking up the option

Edited by MAJBobby

Ha ha ha this is so funny thanks for the laugh

Question..... and Hypothetical.

Say Bills Pick up the option

Then they draft Mahomes in the 2nd (Trubinksy and Watson where gone by their 1st).

Now Mahomes comes in and OUTPLAYS TT in the offseason.

Do you really think ANYONE on the Bills will have the STONES to play the Rookie over the guy they just committed to with 27.5M? (ALA Seattle)

No they don't, and that is why I hate picking up the option

This doesn't sound like a bad situation to be in tbh.