Your 2017 QB will be.... Jay Cutler.

FireChan

Look at his numbers in comparison to the rest of the league in 05. Don't compare his numbers with inflated 2016 stats, and see my post above.

Be that as it may, the main point is that his 2003 season was dismal, the Chargers had the first pick in the 2004 draft and a chance at one of several franchise QB's, and they took and got one. Having Rivers in waiting was reason enough to let him walk, and then you add in the uncertainty surrounding the shoulder injury.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False. He was a young qb who evolved into a very good one over time -- the way most teams used to bring qbs along. In his fourth season, his advanced passer rating was 131 (via pfr; 100 is average). That measure compares him to other QBs playing that particular season. It is extremely high and the third best rating of his storied career (by a whisker--he got to 132 and 133 in NO). The next year (05) was 110. I challenge you to go back to 1993 and find how many bills qbs who played a full or near full season (8-10 games) who hit 110. The chargers were good in 05 too--they were 9-6 going into the final game, in which brees got hurt early. They had a lot of close, bitter losses that year, and their pythagorean record was essentially 11-5. Their first five losses were all between 2 and 4 points.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/sdg/2005.htm

I watched those games too because as you know i was a big butler supporter over donohoe.

He was average. He had three bad years, one very good one and one up and down one. In 2005 that team was all LT. 1500 yards and 18 TDs. 3-3 in stretch. Brees faded at the end. In the last three wins they had as many rushing yards as passing yards. In the playoff push he was not good before he got hurt in the last game. They lost 2 of three before that. The second last game that they had to win against KC he was horrible. The last seven drives of the game they had 5 punts an int and over on downs.

I'm at work and I can't go through 7 pages of this thread while I'm at work but I think that Cutler as the next QB is more of a possibility than people are giving it credit. Real quick, Dennison was the OC for the first 3 years of Cutler's career. Cutler is Chicago's incumbent QB, he's on the way out. Brandon Marshall and/or Eddie Royal are viable adds as WRs and Royal is a potential replacement for Robert Woods. Check out what Marshall had to say about Cutler last August before anyone thinks that they are mortal enemies. Funny thing is that Cutler and Marshall's careers are going the wrong way but for the most part they thrived together, they had an unbelievable chemistry together. Tyrod's contract is far outweighs his production/potential. The more that I think about it Dennison's hiring just might not be a coincidence. There is more that I could speculate on but I got to go before I get released into free agency!

Cutler would want $15M+ to play here. And in his 8 seasons in Chicago, the Bears made the playoffs once, his 2nd season. Say he does well enough to lead them to 8-8. What is he a bridge to: another miss of a top QB prospect in 2018? No thanks.

Cutler would want $15M+ to play here. And in his 8 seasons in Chicago, the Bears made the playoffs once, his 2nd season. Say he does well enough to lead them to 8-8. What is he a bridge to: another miss of a top QB prospect in 2018? No thanks.

I agree about Cutler.

even if the money is not an issue. i am of the camp to retain Tyrod, hope Cardale is seriously working hard. And draft. and then draft again.

He was average. He had three bad years, one very good one and one up and down one. In 2005 that team was all LT. 1500 yards and 18 TDs. 3-3 in stretch. Brees faded at the end. In the last three wins they had as many rushing yards as passing yards. In the playoff push he was not good before he got hurt in the last game. They lost 2 of three before that. The second last game that they had to win against KC he was horrible. The last seven drives of the game they had 5 punts an int and over on downs.

Oh man. You are just flat out wrong here and won't admit it. Judging a qb doesn't consist of averaging his early weak years with the good seasons that followed. Your memory is simply faulty if that's what you are relying on.

Oh man. You are just flat out wrong here and won't admit it. Judging a qb doesn't consist of averaging his early weak years with the good seasons that followed. Your memory is simply faulty if that's what you are relying on.

Dispute his last six games of that season. He wasn't all that good when they needed him. A franchise QB is not the third best player on his offense, which he inarguably was. LT dominated that season. 1500 yards, 50 catches, 20 TDs. Gates was a stud. Brees was just pretty good. He was not very good. He sucked in the biggest game of the year. He was 10th in rating. That's pretty good, not very good. He was tied for fourth with three other guys in TDs and sixth in INTs. That's pretty good not very good.

I'm at work and I can't go through 7 pages of this thread while I'm at work but I think that Cutler as the next QB is more of a possibility than people are giving it credit. Real quick, Dennison was the OC for the first 3 years of Cutler's career. Cutler is Chicago's incumbent QB, he's on the way out. Brandon Marshall and/or Eddie Royal are viable adds as WRs and Royal is a potential replacement for Robert Woods. Check out what Marshall had to say about Cutler last August before anyone thinks that they are mortal enemies. Funny thing is that Cutler and Marshall's careers are going the wrong way but for the most part they thrived together, they had an unbelievable chemistry together. Tyrod's contract is far outweighs his production/potential. The more that I think about it Dennison's hiring just might not be a coincidence. There is more that I could speculate on but I got to go before I get released into free agency!

Dennison was a coach for many QBs but pulling one random guy and saying it makes more sense then any other is dumb. Also the OP is known for having the worst ideas so...

Cutlers TD/interception ratio and fumble rate gets me nervous. Plus, the guy is impossible to root for. If Tyrod Taylor is a urine stained toilet, then Jay Cutler is the stinky green turd sinking to the bottom.

A lot has happened with Cutler since those first 3 years, can't say any of it has been very positive. It's a major reclamation project and it's quite possible he doesn't have the intangibles to make him a winner. His time is over. He becomes a journeyman if he wants to keep playing.

jay-cutler-kristin-cavallari-boat-vacati

"300 LB lesbian Jay Cutler"

c07ba9fbfb6a2e8597bbe0ccf9e63e9e.gif?141

For how ridiculous he looks, look who he's sitting with. He gets the last laugh.

A lot has happened with Cutler since those first 3 years, can't say any of it has been very positive. It's a major reclamation project and it's quite possible he doesn't have the intangibles to make him a winner. His time is over. He becomes a journeyman if he wants to keep playing.

For how ridiculous he looks, look who he's sitting with. He gets the last laugh.

True enough. Just not on the football field lol.

Be that as it may, the main point is that his 2003 season was dismal, the Chargers had the first pick in the 2004 draft and a chance at one of several franchise QB's, and they took and got one. Having Rivers in waiting was reason enough to let him walk, and then you add in the uncertainty surrounding the shoulder injury.

I don't disagree with any of this. It's all true.

There is zero chance of Cutler coming to Buffalo. Too old, too fragile, turnover machine, terrible in the locker room and his best days as a player are in the rear view mirror. Someone will over pay for him though in this QB starved league.

The leadership of the Bills is simply way too smart to make this mistake. :unsure:

Edited by keepthefaith