Your 2017 QB will be.... Jay Cutler.

FireChan

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cutler is your QB, the Bills go anywhere from 2-14 to 4-12 next year. Assuming he actually makes it threw the year. Also a lot of blow outs as that man is a turn over machine and confused very easily.

Exactly right as they might as well throw the year if he's at the helm. :sick:

Just a refresher for people here:

This offseason the Bills will very possibly lose to FA or release:

EJ Manuel

Stephon Gilmore

Eric Wood (increased likelihood since Groy fits the Kubiak offense better)

Which would mean that the Bills would have exactly THREE of their first round picks left on the roster to show for the last 17 years of non playoff seasons:

Marcel Dareus

Sammy Watkins

Shaq Lawson

That sure ain't much considering that a QB they passed on at the beginning of the drought......Drew Brees.....is still slinging it. :lol:

So anyone who thinks that taking repeated chances on QB's in round one is risky business really needs to look at the bigger picture provided by a Bills team that HAS NOT taken many shots at QB's in round 1.

The first round isn't for patching holes.......and if you aren't going to take a QB you really need to spend that pick wisely........but QB's you gotta' gamble on talent......the returns both on a game-to-game basis and LONG term are so much greater it's ridiculous not to take many shots, IMO.

You realize that Brees isn't even with his original team, right? What makes you think he had a shot in Buffalo?

Getting Cutler would cost as much, if not far more than keeping Tyrod. At this point in their respective careers, Tyrod is a much better deal. I was always a Cutler supporter, but he has been really terrible the last two seasons...he's done.

You realize that Brees isn't even with his original team, right? What makes you think he had a shot in Buffalo?

Yes because the Bills had bad coaching and Brees hadn't proven to be a very good QB when he left San Diego(he actually HAD, but you probably don't recall that they let him go in FA because they ALSO had Philip Rivers).

And out of the other side of your mouth I'm sure that you argue that QUARTERBACKS make coaches look great.

Yes because the Bills had bad coaching and Brees hadn't proven to be a very good QB when he left San Diego(he actually HAD, but you probably don't recall that they let him go in FA because they ALSO had Philip Rivers).

And out of the other side of your mouth I'm sure that you argue that QUARTERBACKS make coaches look great.

Always and forever. BB is nothing without Brady. Buffalo would've ruined all the great QB's if they drafted them.

My biggest pet peeve here.

Nope, I know the history. Just find it funny to be talking about drafted players that are no longer on their original team...and then talk about Brees.

Well they drafted Rivers because they had Brees. ;)

Yeah yeah and CJ Spiller is gonna be great, forgive me for taking your opinion with a boulder of salt.

LMAO...thats all you got, one off season where CJ was coming off a phenomenal season and I felt it was too early to label him injury prone and he could carry the load. Yes, I was wrong about that, but I can name about 1000 things you have been wrong about and flat out made things up about. Keep holding on to that though...what ever helps you sleep at night.

PS: NOBODY is ever right about everything that has NOT happened yet, its called an opinion not fact. Many shared the same opinion, so there is that to.

More importantly, it has nothing to do with my opinion of Taylor, its been reported he was on the Taylor coming to Denver train which is why I don't see us moving on from Taylor like you so deeeesssssppppeeeerrrrately want us to even for a washed up scrub like Cutler. Not to mention, he just went through and watched what happens when you have a terrible QB lead a talented team...you sit home during the postseason. So I seriously doubt he is going to want to scrap TT with no better option in place.

Edited by Alphadawg7

LMAO...thats all you got, one off season where CJ was coming off a phenomenal season and I felt it was too early to label him injury prone and he could carry the load. Yes, I was wrong about that, but I can name about 1000 things you have been wrong about and flat out made things up about. Keep holding on to that though...what ever helps you sleep at night.

PS: NOBODY is ever right about everything that has NOT happened yet, its called an opinion not fact. Many shared the same opinion, so there is that to.

March to 2000 yards my man!

Well they drafted Rivers because they had Brees. ;)

The main reason they ended up with Rivers is because they had the first pick and it was an obvious franchise QB year. They took Eli and had to trade him so they weren't going to come out of it without a QB.

Think about the QB's that went thru their hands in a 6 year span......Ryan Leaf, Mike Vick(traded pick to Atlanta), Drew Brees, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

That season following the Rivers selection....Brees took huge steps.......maybe he was going to do it anyway but never underestimate the value of getting a young QB out of his own head and into a competition.

It brings out the best.

That's why I've always opposed the "draft a rookie and just throw him out there" crowd. If they have greatness in them they will rise to the occasion and win the job when they are ready.

March to 2000 yards my man!

The vitrol I got for that tongue-in-cheek thread was probably the all-time most hate on any of my takes.

At the time I think the only TSW acceptable question regarding CJ was "Great......or best ever?".

Promo was pretty sure he was a first ballot guy.

There were people in that thread who have since developed much more sense that were HATIN like Satan. :devil:

The main reason they ended up with Rivers is because they had the first pick and it was an obvious franchise QB year. They took Eli and had to trade him so they weren't going to come out of it without a QB.

Think about the QB's that went thru their hands in a 6 year span......Ryan Leaf, Mike Vick(traded pick to Atlanta), Drew Brees, Eli Manning and Philip Rivers.

That season following the Rivers selection....Brees took huge steps.......maybe he was going to do it anyway but never underestimate the value of getting a young QB out of his own head and into a competition.

It brings out the best.

That's why I've always opposed the "draft a rookie and just throw him out there" crowd. If they have greatness in them they will rise to the occasion and win the job when they are ready.

The vitrol I got for that tongue-in-cheek thread was probably the all-time most hate on any of my takes.

At the time I think the only TSW acceptable question regarding CJ was "Great......or best ever?".

Promo was pretty sure he was a first ballot guy.

There were people in that thread who have since developed much more sense that were HATIN like Satan. :devil:

They also had no idea that Brees would suddenly blossom into a franchise qb - which is what he did immediately after they drafted Rivers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BreeDr00.htm

Remember when the Chargers were 9-6 and out of the playoffs in 2005 and Marty started Brees only to see him get knocked out of the game with a hurt shoulder? (Marty wanted 10 wins; the decision didn't go down well with AJ.) There was a huge sh*tstorm about that because SD had every intention of franchising and trading Brees. They had to let him go for nothing instead. It's decisions like those a decade ago that led to TT sitting on the bench at the Meadowlands on New Year's Day.

Edited by dave mcbride

They also had no idea that Brees would suddenly blossom into a franchise qb - which is what he did immediately after they drafted Rivers.

Remember when the Chargers were 9-6 and out of the playoffs in 2005 and Marty started Brees only to see him get knocked out of the game with a hurt shoulder? (Marty wanted 10 wins; the decision didn't go down well with AJ.) There was a huge sh*tstorm about that because SD had every intention of franchising and trading Brees. They had to let him go for nothing instead. It's decisions like those a decade ago that led to TT sitting on the bench at the Meadowlands on New Year's Day.

Yep and great point about that injury.

They really liked him coming out of Purdue but he wasn't an elite prospect.

He was undersized and not considered strong armed and that's why he was there in round 2.

They were just kinda' hoping that by virtue of his competitive makeup he'd become more than the sum of his parts when they took him.

The shoulder injury is the big difference between his departure from SD and most 1st round picks departures from Buffalo..........they were all just considered not worth the cost of retaining.

I was watching that game to see a bit more of him before FA when Brees got hurt.......I was torn because I wanted him in Buffalo but figured Miami would get him for sure.

That injury scared of the Dolphins. They went with Culpepper if I recall correctly. :)

People can b*tch all they want about having to play the Patriots twice per year but the good fortune of having NYJ and Miami in the division is always overlooked.

Brees had one good season out of five with the Chargers. Maybe one and a half.

Yep and great point about that injury.

They really liked him coming out of Purdue but he wasn't an elite prospect.

He was undersized and not considered strong armed and that's why he was there in round 2.

They were just kinda' hoping that by virtue of his competitive makeup he'd become more than the sum of his parts when they took him.

The shoulder injury is the big difference between his departure from SD and most 1st round picks departures from Buffalo..........they were all just considered not worth the cost of retaining.

I was watching that game to see a bit more of him before FA when Brees got hurt.......I was torn because I wanted him in Buffalo but figured Miami would get him for sure.

That injury scared of the Dolphins. They went with Culpepper if I recall correctly. :)

People can b*tch all they want about having to play the Patriots twice per year but the good fortune of having NYJ and Miami in the division is always overlooked.

Yup!! I remember watching that SD finale in 2005 too. It was the night game.

Edited by dave mcbride

Brees had one good season out of five with the Chargers. Maybe one and a half.

I'd say two, and he grew into the role. His final season there was pretty good. He was great in 2004. Basically, he got better over time. Look at his advanced stats as you scroll down. 100 is average. He was amazing in 2004 and definitely better than average the next season.

Edited by dave mcbride