Can We Just Take a Moment and Be Grateful For The Pegulas

ndirish1978

You beat me to it.

No, but at some point you ask, what is it going to take to get this house. If you have ever bought in a competitive (seller's) market, this is how it actually works.

Pegula didn't ask that question first, anyway. It's how he ended the bidding.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for trying, I for one am thankful we have the Buffalo Bills and Sabres and NOT the Hamilton Sabres and Toronto Bills.

Yeah this is really all I was trying to convey. I don't believe the Pegulas get a pass for poor decisions, nor did I ever argue that they should (WEO, et al). I simply saw the announcement about the Raiders, making the move more or less a likelihood and found myself feeling bad for all the Raiders fans. For Oakland and St. Louis at least, their teams have now left the state, that has to suck. As far as my comment on how cities treated owners, I was just referring to the fact that, though San Siego and Oakland may not have wanted to use public funds to fund a stadium, that by no means meant that the team had no fans left in those cities.

Today made me happy the Bills are staying in town and I remembered how nervous I was when the team was up for sale. Feel free to hate on the owners, I'm sure I will be frustrated with them again soon, but I think there's something to be said for pausing for a second and taking stock of good things and appreciating them. The team staying is a good thing.

Yeah this is really all I was trying to convey. I don't believe the Pegulas get a pass for poor decisions, nor did I ever argue that they should (WEO, et al). I simply saw the announcement about the Raiders, making the move more or less a likelihood and found myself feeling bad for all the Raiders fans. For Oakland and St. Louis at least, their teams have now left the state, that has to suck. As far as my comment on how cities treated owners, I was just referring to the fact that, though San Siego and Oakland may not have wanted to use public funds to fund a stadium, that by no means meant that the team had no fans left in those cities.

Today made me happy the Bills are staying in town and I remembered how nervous I was when the team was up for sale. Feel free to hate on the owners, I'm sure I will be frustrated with them again soon, but I think there's something to be said for pausing for a second and taking stock of good things and appreciating them. The team staying is a good thing.

We had mostly 50 years of crappy ownership before, I think people are expecting a lot more out of the Pegula's. There's no reason to think they will be better for any reason than just someone different running the show. We're all thankful the team is staying, just like we were thankful to Ralph for keeping the team here 50 years. We want more, we want what many other teams have... a competitive team and at least one championship.

There is a reason that so many businesses bypass Buffalo. Because of that poor ass mentality i seem to see on this board. Complain, Complain!!!

The Pegulas are a God send. Buffalo needs more people like the Pegulas, who did not just take an active interest in the Bills and the Sabres. They went beyond and invested in Downtown Buffalo to help revive the overall economy.

So be thankful that you have a team to cheer on. Buffalo needs the Pegulas. Not the other way around

100% agree

The only reason this thread exists is because fans don't like to lose. And if they lose, they want someone to blame. I'd find someone other than the Pegulas. They're not the enemy and apparently don't like to be treated like one. They're inexperienced owners and will make mistakes, just like inexperienced quarterbacks and workers do. We owe them a hell of a lot and shouldn't be throwing them under the bus because they were sweet talked by Rex and whoever. They've hopefully learned a hard lessen. Just my opinion.

No, but at some point you ask, what is it going to take to get this house. If you have ever bought in a competitive (seller's) market, this is how it actually works.

Pegula didn't ask that question first, anyway. It's how he ended the bidding.

If you meant to just talk about buying a house in a competitive market you do this, but you rarely sorely overbid because you're looking to make money off the deal.

But this isn't even close to buying a desirable house. They're not looking to sell it and they're unlikely to ever recoup their investment into it.

I think we can be both eternally grateful for their efforts in keeping the teams here, and also demand more in terms of on-field/on-ice product.

Just keeping the teams in Buffalo doesn't earn anyone a free pass -- it earns our sincere thanks and gratitude. Now get to work.

You can call the Bills a dumpster fire. You may hate that Terry has zero public speaking skills. But the fact of the matter is that as of today there are now fans in THREE NFL cities who no longer have a team. Regardless of how the Chargers, Rams and Raiders' last cities treated the team or ownership, I think we can all relate as fans to the sinking feeling of hoping the team you root for will stay in town because they are your team.

Obviously this thread will soon be inundated with "that's the kind of thinking that leads to playoff droughts" and calling me a koolaid drinker, but I don't think it's out of line to be grateful to know that my kids will get to be BUFFALO Bills fans. That's all, I don't have a point beyond that.

I agree 100% on this. I didn't read the posts after this, where I'm sure you took a lot of crap.

The only reason this thread exists is because fans don't like to lose. And if they lose, they want someone to blame. I'd find someone other than the Pegulas. They're not the enemy and apparently don't like to be treated like one. They're inexperienced owners and will make mistakes, just like inexperienced quarterbacks and workers do. We owe them a hell of a lot and shouldn't be throwing them under the bus because they were sweet talked by Rex and whoever. They've hopefully learned a hard lessen. Just my opinion.

It's an entitlement mentality. People think they deserve things when no such thing exists. Be grateful you have a team to root for. And if you'd rather see the team move than continue to lose, do us all a favor and find another team to root for. You won't be missed.

It's an entitlement mentality. People think they deserve things when no such thing exists. Be grateful you have a team to root for. And if you'd rather see the team move than continue to lose, do us all a favor and find another team to root for. You won't be missed.

Wow.... Just wow... Are you serious? This post reeks of someone with low self esteem in a dysfunctional relationship. So we should all just STFU and take what we get otherwise they will leave us.

Horsecrap.

People want the team to win because it's their team. This isn't complicated.

We shouldn't have to 'be grateful' we have a team and have no expectations of success. I'm guessing fans in other cities are pretty demanding of their owners as well.

Wow.... Just wow... Are you serious? This post reeks of someone with low self esteem in a dysfunctional relationship. So we should all just STFU and take what we get otherwise they will leave us.

They're not leaving. You OTOH are free to do so.

Horsecrap.

People want the team to win because it's their team. This isn't complicated.

We shouldn't have to 'be grateful' we have a team and have no expectations of success. I'm guessing fans in other cities are pretty demanding of their owners as well.

Really? Like fans in, say, San Diego? Oakland? St. Louis?

Horsecrap.

lol, fans are the problem because they want to win?

What claptrap.

They're not leaving. You OTOH are free to do so.

Really? Like fans in, say, San Diego? Oakland? St. Louis?

Horsecrap.

Yeah, horsecrap that it's an entitlement mentality. I'll agree to a point that nobody 'deserves' a winning team, I think the point is, many of us have put in 40-50 years of supporting the team and 'hope' for (deserve?) more success for all the time put into the team. We're not content just to keep thanking the owners for keeping the team here. I'm also wondering if the Pegula's have the 'entitlement mentality' as well when it comes to taxpayer funding of a new stadium.

They have so far been bad owners.

I disagree. Bad ownerships won't spend money on players, MILKS the franchises of money, RAISING ticket prices while the team LOSES because of a faithful fanbase (Toronto Mapleleafs, Toronto FC). Pegulas have spent money on this roster, spent a ton on coaching staff that was, prior to Bills' tenure had somewhat successful track records. And last I checked, Bills ticket prices are some of the lowest in the NFL.

Yes they are still learning, but you're lucky to have a team in upstate NY. This team would make more money in Toronto. Heck yeah the product's been bad, I agree. At least it's been ENTERTAINING! Rex didn't win, but crap he WAS entertaining. Shady and Watkins are still worth watching even on a losing team. It could be worse. Bills got somewhat relevant again, and not the complete laughing stock that it was in prior years.

lol, fans are the problem because they want to win?

What claptrap.

Never said anything of the sort.

Yeah, horsecrap that it's an entitlement mentality. I'll agree to a point that nobody 'deserves' a winning team, I think the point is, many of us have put in 40-50 years of supporting the team and 'hope' for (deserve?) more success for all the time put into the team. We're not content just to keep thanking the owners for keeping the team here. I'm also wondering if the Pegula's have the 'entitlement mentality' as well when it comes to taxpayer funding of a new stadium.

This:

I disagree. Bad ownerships won't spend money on players, MILKS the franchises of money, RAISING ticket prices while the team LOSES because of a faithful fanbase (Toronto Mapleleafs, Toronto FC). Pegulas have spent money on this roster, spent a ton on coaching staff that was, prior to Bills' tenure had somewhat successful track records. And last I checked, Bills ticket prices are some of the lowest in the NFL.

Yes they are still learning, but you're lucky to have a team in upstate NY. This team would make more money in Toronto. Heck yeah the product's been bad, I agree. At least it's been ENTERTAINING! Rex didn't win, but crap he WAS entertaining. Shady and Watkins are still worth watching even on a losing team. It could be worse. Bills got somewhat relevant again, and not the complete laughing stock that it was in prior years.