Can We Just Take a Moment and Be Grateful For The Pegulas

ndirish1978

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be a massive learning curve for new NFL owners. Especially with a business cycle of 12 months, you may have to take some lumps at first.

WTF? The first rule when buying a business you know nothing about is don't do that. The second rule is, if you ignored rule number one then hire people who do understand the business. The Pegulas kept the same FO in place after the team hasn't seen the playoffs this century so far. Hire a czar or whatever, but you need someone who is knowledgeable running the show if it can't be you. They did not, and still have not, done this. Everyone should be grateful to the Pegulas for not only keeping the Bills and Sabres in Buffalo, but for all the other things they are trying to do to "make Buffalo great again" (please don't sue me Mr. Trump). But to claim a learning curve is responsible for their mistakes to date is simply overlooking the facts.

Edited by CodeMonkey

WTF? The first rule when buying a business you know nothing about is don't do that. The second rule is, if you ignored rule number one then hire people who do understand the business. The Pegulas kept the same FO in place after the team hasn't seen the playoffs this century so far. Hire a czar or whatever, but you need someone who is knowledgeable running the show if it can't be you. They did not, and still have not, done this. Everyone should be grateful to the Pegulas for not only keeping the Bills and Sabres in Buffalo, but for all the other things they are trying to do to "make Buffalo great again" (please don't sue me Mr. Trump). But to claim a learning curve is responsible for their mistakes to date is simply overlooking the facts.

I'm sure Pegs had the right management in place in his fracking business.... Kind of the same concept.. Their problem is they seem to be too nice and still seem to be enamored with a huckster who somehow convinced them that they are responsible for the Ryan fiasco and the QB Ryan wanted and that Doug Whaley is the guy to make the Bills Great Again.

Thanks to the OP. I've lived in Tampa for 26 years, but I will die a BUFFALO Bills fan. I hank the Wilson family who mad aautely sure the Bills stayed in Buffalo, was so generous in their. Donations to Buffalo and Detroit, and for thePegulas who had the wealth too keep h teams in Buffalo.

It's part of what defines our city. There is a learning curve for new owners to professional sports teams, and one thing I didn't know (learn d in the Graham article with the Pegulas) was they own the lacrosse team as well.

They are truly invested in winning, and are doing the best they can to put a good product on the field. Did you guys notice how much distance they tried to put between Brandon and coaching decisions,after the rumor of him telling the Pegulas not to let Rexleave the building.

We're going to fine in time, and just let it play out. The coaching staff hired to date looks sharp. They are what I always wanted in a staff. We'll see, and no peculation on my part.

This is a joke right?

The time for the thanks yous and appreciations have passed. Yeah I get it, he massively over paid for the team but at the same time hundreds of fans deserve better than to watch two franchise who are simply NOT COMPETITIVE.

How many years of 7-9, 8-8 and maybe 9-7 do we have to tolerate? How many 27th, 29th, 24th finished for the Sabres is enough.

Season ticket holders, ticket buyers, sure it entertainment but at the same time how about being competitive and actually trying to compete for a championships. Doesn't this fan base deserve that.

Screw your idea of being appreciative for the Pegula's. If you don't know what you are doing, just own the team, sign the checks and hire people to do the right things. At the end of the day the Ronney family doesn't run the Steelers day to day operations. and they don't interfere in the football department. Al Davis said it best - Just win baby!

As far as a curse on the Bills. It comes from Doug Flutie people. the day we removed him as starting QB was the day this franchise starting seeing the dumpsters fire. That first benching game, was the Music City Miracle. We haven't sniffed the playoffs after that date.

Edited by KRT88

This is a joke right?

The time for the thanks yous and appreciations have passed. Yeah I get it, he massively over paid for the team but at the same time hundreds of fans deserve better than to watch two franchise who are simply NOT COMPETITIVE.

How many years of 7-9, 8-8 and maybe 9-7 do we have to tolerate? How many 27th, 29th, 24th finished for the Sabres is enough.

Season ticket holders, ticket buyers, sure it entertainment but at the same time how about being competitive and actually trying to compete for a championships. Doesn't this fan base deserve that.

Screw your idea of being appreciative for the Pegula's. If you don't know what you are doing, just own the team, sign the checks and hire people to do the right things. At the end of the day the Ronney family doesn't run the Steelers day to day operations. and they don't interfere in the football department. Al Davis said it best - Just win baby!

As far as a curse on the Bills. It comes from Doug Flutie people. the day we removed him as starting QB was the day this franchise starting seeing the dumpsters fire. That first benching game, was the Music City Miracle. We haven't sniffed the playoffs after that date.

It's funny that you quote Al Davis who was among the biggest franchise meddlers as an owner to much his team's detriment in his latter years.

As for any curse related to Flutie. :lol:

This is a joke right?

We haven't been crushing it since that whole OJ thing so if you want to look for a curse ...

Pegula overseeing (and making millions on) a dumpster fire is nothing new considering his former company Fracked the hell out of large swaths of Pennsylvania. That's where the curse is coming from.

Thank you. Saved a football team and destroyed a planet. Way to go Pegs!

Whaley had just taken over for Nix when they bought the team. Then they showed Marrone the door. Do you think that firing Brandon would have solved all the problems?

Them firing anyone would have been wrong, still would be, simply because they do not know what they are doing when it comes to being a NFL owner. They need to get someone good who they trust who knows the business, at least until they are competent. In my opinion anyway.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Running a pro sports franchise is hard. Winning championships is harder. Boston Bruins with good ownership went 40 years between championships. Rangers and Flyers spent millions when there was no cap and got few results. Patriots pulled one completely out of their ass with Brady. Jerry Jones has made more moves than Bill Clinton since Jimmie Johnson with mixed results.Rex was a mistake. To their credit they recognized it early and spent 16.5 million to correct the mistake. They seem to be on the fence about Whaley. I think he gets one more year. They want to win. They are smart people. It may take ten years but i predict a chamionship for both teams in the next ten years. Likely sooner. They are learning the ropes. Much more experienced good owners have gone decades without a title. Everyone needs to calm the f**k down.

Edited by TANK2

This is a joke right?

First F**k Flutie. Hes a piece of dog crap who never won a playoff game in the NFL that Im aware of. He isnt worthy of licking Kellys dogs balls.Second go find another team to root for. The Pegulas have done a ton for this area. Take a drive downtown. Harbour center is awesome and they are far from done. Your a complete ingrate for not acknowledging that. Dont show up for the victory parade when it happens. People like you dont deserve a championship. Sure you can get a Patriots Jacket for 200 or so. Edited by TANK2

I'd much rather have a .500 Buffalo Bills team to root for than no Buffalo Bills team to root for.

The Pegulas bought a franchise that hadn't won much in a long time. As football neophytes, they made some early mistakes. But I believe they're smart enough, committed enough, to learn and grow from their experiences. I expect the organization to get better.

At .500, btw, they're doing as well as the average NFL owner. And they're still new at this. It's not an inauspicious beginning.

Pegula overseeing (and making millions on) a dumpster fire is nothing new considering his former company Fracked the hell out of large swaths of Pennsylvania. That's where the curse is coming from.

Yeah I'd much rather be paying $4.50 a gallon for gas and home heating oil. That was terrible that he helped make America energy independent. Think of all the financial hardship his fracking caused for our poor brothers in the Persian Gulf.

This is a joke right?

There most likely wouldn't be teams here to "disappoint" you and this "deserving" fan base if it weren't for the Pegulas. At worst case they made some bad personnel decisions in leadership roles but it would be very unfair to imply they weren't trying to win. I think they have been very generous to the people of the Western New York.