Can We Just Take a Moment and Be Grateful For The Pegulas

ndirish1978

You can call the Bills a dumpster fire. You may hate that Terry has zero public speaking skills. But the fact of the matter is that as of today there are now fans in THREE NFL cities who no longer have a team. Regardless of how the Chargers, Rams and Raiders' last cities treated the team or ownership, I think we can all relate as fans to the sinking feeling of hoping the team you root for will stay in town because they are your team.

Obviously this thread will soon be inundated with "that's the kind of thinking that leads to playoff droughts" and calling me a koolaid drinker, but I don't think it's out of line to be grateful to know that my kids will get to be BUFFALO Bills fans. That's all, I don't have a point beyond that.

I'm grateful. They saved our sports teams and added infrastructure to the city. Right now I'm just happy to be here... and hoping the teams get better quickly.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As expected, the trolls are out en masse

... That feeling you get when you have a party and someone you didn't want to show up is now in your house

Except in this case, that certain someone lights up a cigarette, sets your couch on fire and is standing in your backyard shouting at the moon hours after the party ends, keeping you up all night. Then the next morning you find him passed out with his head resting on the bottom shelf of your open refrigerator.

That's not enough at this point. The fans deserve more than that.

They deserve more winning, yes. But i guarantee that TP and his family want to win more than any of us combined. Winning is not easy. I'm frustrated too but still grateful they bought the teams.

So you're obviously aware of the Pegula kids' feelings on this with your "guarantee". :thumbsup:

He's as familiar with them as you are!

Give it a rest sunshine.

Maybe just for 24 hours? Give us all a day off!

100% agreed. The nastiness from the fans I have been seeing lately is disgusting. Will it reach a point where the Pegulas lose their love of the fans and start looking for a payoff?

Pegula didn't buy either team out of love for the fans or anything other than his own ego and interests.

If he decides he is bored with the whole thing, he'll sell. Shocking news, huh?

He's as familiar with them as you are!

Give it a rest sunshine.

Maybe just for 24 hours? Give us all a day off!

Why don't you go back to critiquing the intellect of TSW and everyone else you're supposedly superior to Mr. Mensa. You're FN hilarious!

The Pegulas didn't buy this team for you. Or me. Or anyone in Buffalo.

It was a business decision. They purchased the team because they think they can make money. That's a-ok in my book.

It wasn't a charity decision. While I understand the sentiment because Buffalo without the Bills is a painful thought, I think the ring kissing and their anointment as royalty is too much. Buffalo is deserving of an NFL franchise. Always has been. It doesn't need "mercy".

Many fans have significant concerns/issues with what they see on the field, and they have just as much right to air those issues. We've all invested our own time and own money. That's what makes this board great and unique - We all can do that.

There is a reason that so many businesses bypass Buffalo. Because of that poor ass mentality i seem to see on this board. Complain, Complain!!!

The Pegulas are a God send. Buffalo needs more people like the Pegulas, who did not just take an active interest in the Bills and the Sabres. They went beyond and invested in Downtown Buffalo to help revive the overall economy.

So be thankful that you have a team to cheer on. Buffalo needs the Pegulas. Not the other way around

You'd better tell that to their kids who are part of the long term succession plan.

I didn't know we were graced by the Pegulas' own consigliere.

Except in this case, that certain someone lights up a cigarette, sets your couch on fire and is standing in your backyard shouting at the moon hours after the party ends, keeping you up all night. Then the next morning you find him passed out with his head resting on the bottom shelf of your open refrigerator.

Sounds like an awesome guy tbh. Live a little.

So you're obviously aware of the Pegula kids' feelings on this with your "guarantee". :thumbsup:

Wow, you know the children too? Do you babysit?

You can call the Bills a dumpster fire. You may hate that Terry has zero public speaking skills. But the fact of the matter is that as of today there are now fans in THREE NFL cities who no longer have a team. Regardless of how the Chargers, Rams and Raiders' last cities treated the team or ownership, I think we can all relate as fans to the sinking feeling of hoping the team you root for will stay in town because they are your team.

Obviously this thread will soon be inundated with "that's the kind of thinking that leads to playoff droughts" and calling me a koolaid drinker, but I don't think it's out of line to be grateful to know that my kids will get to be BUFFALO Bills fans. That's all, I don't have a point beyond that.

Amen Brother!!!!! In addition to being thankful that Buffalo still has an NFL franchise, from everything I've heard from the Pegulas is they want to win as much as any of us. They may have made a few mistakes but it drives me crazy when people start painting them as simpletons. I'm not a kool-aid drinker either. I hated the way the club was run under Wilson who seemed to worry about the budget way too much. Bash Whaley, Ryan, Marrone or even Brandon all you want but from my prospective the Pegulas have done a remarkable thing for the city of Buffalo and Western New York in general, they are TRYING to run the team the right way and I am very optimistic they will get it right in the very near future,

It was a business decision. They purchased the team because they think they can make money. That's a-ok in my book.

It wasn't a charity decision. While I understand the sentiment because Buffalo without the Bills is a painful thought, I think the ring kissing and their anointment as royalty is too much. Buffalo is deserving of an NFL franchise. Always has been. It doesn't need "mercy".

Many fans have significant concerns/issues with what they see on the field, and they have just as much right to air those issues. We've all invested our own time and own money. That's what makes this board great and unique - We all can do that.

They could be making a great deal more money if they had purchased the team and moved it to Toronto or Los Angeles. As far as Buffalo deserving an NFL franchise I would wager you my entire life savings that Buffalo would never see another NFL Franchise if the Bills moved, especially if they moved to Toronto.

Yeah, no. They bought it because of what it means to the region. You don't say "what will it take to win this bid" if you're in it solely for money.

Both sides of the argument are correct here. They have been a godsend who saved our team. At the same time it has been a struggle so far. Hopefully they learn from their mistakes, and we become a winning franchise. Give it a couple more years of losing, and then the complaints become far more valid. Just don't expect Terry to become a better PR man as it seems he may potentially have aspergers.

Keeping the Bills in Buffalo was obviously important to the region.

Personally, I'd like for the Bills to not suck sometime soon.

I have my doubts that the Pegulas care about that part of owning an NFL team.

I think you are pretty wrong on this point. They care a lot...they just may not know how to get it done. We put up with Ralphs' bs for decades (and some will get their panties in a wad if you criticize his ownership) but we can't give the Pegulas a few more years to figure out the lay of the land?

I hate to make this point, as it has been made many times before...

sure, they want to make money...but you don't think they could have purchased teams in other markets, and made a ****-ton more than they are making in Buffalo?

Edited by Buftex