The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

So I don't have to go look.  Let me guess...yet another desperate failed attempt to prove he's not a shitgoblin?

He's challenging you to a version of Jeopardy with every subject "History". He doesn't think you are up to the challenge.

29 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He's challenging you to a version of Jeopardy with every subject "History". He doesn't think you are up to the challenge.

Well, Alex, considering he’s been wrong according to my friends who go by the name “professor” on multiple occasions I’d say that’s correct. 

Theres a differnce in reading ***** and experiencing *****. 

Edited by The_Dude

16 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Well, Alex, considering he’s been wrong according to my friends who go by the name “professor” on multiple occasions I’d say that’s correct. 

And the professors know this? How?

You might as well just pass it by this guy:

professor1.jpg

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

Yes, I'm not qualified to speak to census data from the 1850's, because I didn't experience the 1850's.

You are inexpressibly stupid.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

so..this would be an extremely radical point to made in terms of the history of the US no? Have you ever submitted anything or wrote anything to document your findings?

I mean, of course, I would find out stuff like this on a Buffalo Bills message board..

Interesting article here

https://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/aug/24/viral-image/viral-post-gets-it-wrong-extent-slavery-1860/

Interesting if you find bullsh--- fabrication and manipulation of statistics to be interesting.

The assertion was 1.4% of Americans owned slaves.  Not 1.4% of Americans plus all their offspring owned slaves or 1.4% of Americans living in a certain region owned slaves, it was just 1.4% of Americans owned slaves.   Yet this bullsh-- article essentially says 'let's just ignore that, reduce the denominator by more than half and then declare that 5% is more than 1.4%'.   Brilliant!

Out of the 31m people in 1860, roughly 22m lived in the north and 9m in the south.  By the author's stats, 4.9% of the southerners owned slaves, or roughly 440,000 people.   440k / 31m = 1.4% of Americans owned slaves.  So the meme was in fact, true.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Yes, I'm not qualified to speak to census data from the 1850's, because I didn't experience the 1850's.

You are inexpressibly stupid.

Again, there’s no way what you think you read is correct. 

And clearly youre not being alive in the 1850’s wasn’t my point. Idiot. 

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I knew you wouldn't get it. Take it as a lesson, some of us know more than you.

Settle down, Giligan. 

This could go in so many threads, but I'll slap it in here...

DOJ handed down some indictments against Huawei today:

This one for stealing t-mobile secrets:

Chinese Telecommunications Device Manufacturer and its U.S. Affiliate Indicted for Theft of Trade Secrets, Wire Fraud, and Obstruction Of Justice

This one for money laundering, illegal trade with Iran - starting in 2007 and continuing all during the Obama years:

Chinese Telecommunications Conglomerate Huawei and Huawei CFO Wanzhou Meng Charged With Financial Fraud

Should be interesting to see how this shakes out with a US- China trade deal.

• Like (+1) 2

On 1/25/2019 at 9:21 PM, 3rdnlng said:

And the professors know this? How?

You might as well just pass it by this guy:

professor1.jpg

dude could build a settlement out of coconut trees and keep a radio running for years with no batteries

but he couldn't figure out how to patch a hole in a boat or astro-navigate a way home