Per Wawror- A. Will leaning towards playing

RobRyanFan

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2012/2/28/2831884/the-panthers-defense-a-treatise-on-the-jim-johnson-4-3-part-i

This might have something to do with it. In the Jim Johnson 4/3 the free safety position is truly a tackler of last resort and not in the box often at all..its a coverage and command position...probably less filing the holes....

I hope he is prioritizing his long term health. The guy is going to make a heck of a coach some day.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want him. I'd rather he retire and we move on and get someone else that's not 1 hit away from IR

Remind me which player isn't one hit away?

I know what you probably meant but I think some folks let their concerns cloud the discussion

From the people I've spoken to about it, I really think he would be making a terrible decision coming back. I just hope that he's sought expert opinion from people not affiliated with the team.

The team has to approach the position as if he's exactly what he is, one bad bit of contact from calling it quits. Can't be a Blanton/Anderson/Meeks horror fest behind him.

From the people I've spoken to about it, I really think he would be making a terrible decision coming back. I just hope that he's sought expert opinion from people not affiliated with the team.

The team has to approach the position as if he's exactly what he is, one bad bit of contact from calling it quits. Can't be a Blanton/Anderson/Meeks horror fest behind him.

If the team didn't trust his health - retirement is their best course. They don't want that cash sitting on IR

@TMHeyden

@AWilliamsUSA @ajwilliams23 - this point is so true!!!

C2OQRNMW8AAoaRj.jpg

@AWilliamsUSA

Anthony Williams Retweeted Tim Heyden

Tim, excited about the new HC and Aaron coming back to be part of the team that finally brings playoffs and a SB to the deserving BLO fans.

Sure sounds like a guy who isn't planning on going anywhere soon.

I get what you're trying to say, but, backlash isn't the right word. Maybe "genuine concern" for a player even though "'we don't know the medical details like he and his family do." That's a positive reflection on Bills fans, not something negative.

Yeah, I don't want to see him not be able to walk away from the game or wind up with serious mental issues after leaving. There are a lot of players who will sacrifice their bodies and brains for the kind of paycheck that AW is set to get this coming season. Many are looking to take the best care of their families that they can. And I should note that a lot of other people in this world make similar sacrifices for a lot less money for the same reason. Still, I don't want to see anything tragic happen to AW for my entertainment.

The problem, from a team perspective, is that contract. If he retires it frees up a bunch of space. If he decides to come back, the team really can't count on him but he still carries a big contract. Tough spot.

Yeah. The Bills might need to make a business decision here. He is a great player to have on the field and we are so thin at safety it's very tempting to keep him, but he doesn't do us any good on IR. He has a $500k roster bonus that the Bills can decline if they want out of the contract. He will count $4.85M against the cap if his bonus is declined. He will count $6.625M against the cap if they retain him (plus an additional $2.425M of unaccounted for cap hit in 2018). Full details:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/aaron-williams-7749/

If Aaron comes back I won't be the least worried about his play, I'll just worry about him, the guy is all heart and he'll once again lay it all out there. With that being said I don't care who you are, anybody taking that kind of blindsided shot from Landry would have gotten hurt as well.

Edited by Tipster19

If the team didn't trust his health - retirement is their best course. They don't want that cash sitting on IR

It's really as simple as cutting him. I love the guy, but the NFL is a business. He's eating up cap space and we've only seen him on the field a few times over the last 2 years. We need to upgrade the position anyhow.