Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please lock this thread. Next!

I'm not saying Childress is necessarily the guy, but I believe that the only reference to Childress being out is one Vic tweet that said after Olsen was scheduled to be interviewed that it "appears" that Childress is out. All other tweets seem to reference that one, not any kind of real reporting. So I wouldn't at all rule Childress out until further confirmation.

I'm not saying Childress is necessarily the guy, but I believe that the only reference to Childress being out is one Vic tweet that said after Olsen was scheduled to be interviewed that it "appears" that Childress is out. All other tweets seem to reference that one, not any kind of real reporting. So I wouldn't at all rule Childress out until further confirmation.

Good point on Vic's reliability or lack thereof.

I know we all have a tendency to think the most negative here (we are Bills fans after all) ...but I honestly think the Bills OC job is pretty damn attractive...the Bills have weapons (Clay, Shady, Sammy, Dizzy), an established O-line under contract, a serviceable QB option or the ability to impact who they go after....not bad..

Should I be happy that we dodged a bullet or sad that a guy who most think would be a horrible OC would rather be the Rams QB coach than the OC of the Buffalo Bills?

I am going to choose to be happy that we dodged a bullet.

Former Jaguars OC Greg Olson, a favorite to become Bills OC, now is planning to become the Los Angeles Rams QB coach, per league source.

Grego is out

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 40s40 seconds ago

Former Jaguars OC Greg Olson, a favorite to become Bills OC, now is planning to become the Los Angeles Rams QB coach, per league source.

0 replies 1 retweet 0 likes

giphy.gif

Should I be happy that we dodged a bullet or sad that a guy who most think would be a horrible OC would rather be the Rams QB coach than the OC of the Buffalo Bills?

I really think they've got somebody lined up who is on a current playoff team.

They have a QB with enough potential to go #1 overall.

But you're right, their offense isn't great. What does that say about ours?

I agree with others who say that the OC is probably still coaching in the playoffs and that Olson was being considered for quarterback coach. So in that case I would agree with what you said in your first sentence.

I might add, there is no official confirmation the Bills planned to offer Olson the OC job...is there? There's certainly nothing on the team website about even an interview -- that was all speculation from reporters.