Childress & Olson Both Reported as Out for Bills' OC

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would add, one of the truly key necessities for a QB in the West Coast Offense is timing with accuracy. A big arm is not as important and in Buffalo would combat the terrible winds and inclement weather later in the year with shorter & quicker routes, but demands exquisite timing.

My feeling all week was that our next OC would be coaching this weekend. Specifically, he would come from the Chiefs. While Childress has a higher floor, I think Nagy has a higher ceiling.

If this makes any sense, I'd be more excited by Nagy...but I'd be more comfortable with Childress.

My feeling all week was that our next OC would be coaching this weekend. Specifically, he would come from the Chiefs. While Childress has a higher floor, I think Nagy has a higher ceiling.

If this makes any sense, I'd be more excited by Nagy...but I'd be more comfortable with Childress.

That's a good and fair analysis. I think I would be more in favor of the veteran guy rather than the more risky guy. Because we have a first time HC who is a defensive guy.

That makes good sense to me too, and I'd probably agree if I knew enough to really judge these guys. But I admit I'm still in learning mode. Soon I will be in wait and see mode. Then I may go to perfect hindsight mode.

From Carucci earlier this afternoon: http://buffalonews.com/2017/01/15/childress-olson-emerge-top-candidates-bills-oc-job/

Brad Childress and Greg Olson have emerged as leading candidates to become the offensive coordinator on the coaching staff new Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott is assembling, The News has confirmed.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media first reported and The News confirmed Sunday that Childress, a former NFL head coach and the offensive coordinator the Chiefs, could be coaching his final game with Kansas City if the Chiefs lost their divisional-round playoff contest against the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday night. The Bills could hire Childress as soon as this week, according to an NFL source.

We'll soon see if these reports are true.

Andy Reid has been focused on getting the ball out so quick that it almost makes the offensive line pass protection obsolete(yes, I did see the Harrison play!). This is ahead of the curve thinking and Childress could implement this with the right QB.

There might be someone in the draft who has a fast release and can deliver the ball quickly and accurately to a plethora of targets.

Lightning Fast Footwork...30 seconds in..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPe5qr7-KdY

Edited by jeffismagic

Good QBs play early now. We are going to get someone in the draft that is not a project like Cardale.

I wouldn't assume the Bills are on the same schedule they were on with Rex. I tend to think there will be a reset.

Do you have anyone in mind whom the Bills will draft at the QB position. I understand we have a pretty weak class this year. This team invested in Cardale and have to give him an opportunity before throwing him to the side. I think the Bills re-sign Tyrod that will effectively be a 2-year contract and then develop Jones

Andy Reid has been focused on getting the ball out so quick that it almost makes the offensive line pass protection obsolete(yes, I did see the Harrison play!). This is ahead of the curve thinking and Childress could implement this with the right QB.

There might be someone in the draft who has a fast release and can deliver the ball quickly and accurately to a plethora of targets.

How to teach Tyrod to not hold on to the ball for too long.

Do you have anyone in mind whom the Bills will draft at the QB position. I understand we have a pretty weak class this year. This team invested in Cardale and have to give him an opportunity before throwing him to the side. I think the Bills re-sign Tyrod that will effectively be a 2-year contract and then develop Jones

How to teach Tyrod to not hold on to the ball for too long.

I hope Whaley listens to Childress if he gets the job. Childress knows 1,000 times more than Whaley about what a QB should do.

Ahem! -And replacement, if necessary.

:lol::doh:

Firing McD has now started, lol.

sounds like Chad Kelly to me.