Tim Graham article -T Pegs considers dysfunction an insult

Reed83HOF

Man some of you want to over analyze, over react, and create narratives to everything regardless of merit.

They did great in the interview, why is anyone even complaining? And talk about stretching for a story that isn't there, these comments about how Kim wants Whaley gone based on what she said are a stretch of the imagination to say the least.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man some of you want to over analyze, over react, and create narratives to everything regardless of merit.

They did great in the interview, why is anyone even complaining? And talk about stretching for a story that isn't there, these comments about how Kim wants Whaley gone based on what she said are a stretch of the imagination to say the least.

There was one comment bro.

Talk about stretching for a narrative.

Edited by FireChan

I don't understand why he granted this interview. He comes across as angry and annoyed.

In his answers it is clear he doesn't have patience for Tim Graham... he seems to like Wawrow so why not sit down with him?

They were talking about Whaley.

That's how I interpreted it - the context was questions about Whaley's presser, and the specific question was "How much does it hurt a business' credibility when one of its leaders stops being believable?".

The "one instance is all it takes" was Whaley's presser. Terry seems to be implying "if the people who stop believing him are you press guys, too bad!" and also possibly to feel maybe he put the GM in a bit of a spot with his "executive decision." Kim is more nuanced and negative- "yes, it sucked, it's a black mark, but we'll judge the whole body of work". I think they are both influenced by the "ultimatum" report which Terry, once again, catagorically denied. Kim seemed a little indignant about the persistence of the story despite denials, so I'm thinking they're sympathetic to someone being trashed in the press.

That's how I interpreted it - the context was questions about Whaley's presser, and the specific question was "How much does it hurt a business' credibility when one of its leaders stops being believable?".

The "one instance is all it takes" was Whaley's presser. Terry seems to be implying "if the people who stop believing him are you press guys, too bad!" and also possibly to feel maybe he put the GM in a bit of a spot with his "executive decision." Kim is more nuanced and negative- "yes, it sucked, it's a black mark, but we'll judge the whole body of work". I think they are both influenced by the "ultimatum" report which Terry, once again, catagorically denied. Kim seemed a little indignant about the persistence of the story despite denials, so I'm thinking they're sympathetic to someone being trashed in the press.

My interpretation is that individually, and collectively, the Pegulas genuinely don't care for the press, aren't comfortable in front of the camera, and yet have a great desire to be liked and seen as the good guys. Those two things are very hard to simultaneously pull off.

Maybe, but even then, she is saying the opposite of what the person I quoted said.

That would be me. And yes, it's my opinion, and I'm reading betweeen the lines - elsewhere in the interview, Terry said he's more even keeled, Kim said she's an anxious person and "more up and down". The fact that she mentioned "knee jerk opinions" and "not going to jump to any decisions" combined with her self-description as an anxious, up and down person says to me that she was tempted to jump to a decision and Terry held her back. But that's just my interpretation, based on a belief that if you haven't been tempted, as a boss, to make a knee jerk decision or jump to a conclusion, you feel no need to mention it.

My interpretation is that individually, and collectively, the Pegulas genuinely don't care for the press, aren't comfortable in front of the camera, and yet have a great desire to be liked and seen as the good guys. Those two things are very hard to simultaneously pull off.

I would say there's a cause and effect there. They want to be liked and seen as good guys, the press has roughed them up a few times, therefore they don't care for the press.

Please don't rewrite what I said. I didn't say "Kim wants Whaley gone", I said if Terry were out of the picture, it sounds (to me) like Kim's "knee jerk" would have changed Whaley's employment state. Once the knee stopped, the reaction diminished and a more balanced decision set in.

That would be me. And yes, it's my opinion, and I'm reading betweeen the lines - elsewhere in the interview, Terry said he's more even keeled, Kim said she's an anxious person and "more up and down". The fact that she mentioned "knee jerk opinions" and "not going to jump to any decisions" combined with her self-description as an anxious, up and down person says to me that she was tempted to jump to a decision and Terry held her back. But that's just my interpretation, based on a belief that if you haven't been tempted, as a boss, to make a knee jerk decision or jump to a conclusion, you feel no need to mention it.

I would say there's a cause and effect there. They want to be liked and seen as good guys, the press has roughed them up a few times, therefore they don't care for the press.

Well they hated TBN before they even bought the Bills. But it's not just hating the news, you can see Terry is not comfortable in front of a camera. That is more of what I meant.

And Kim is not going to be making decisions like firing Whaley, sorry. They are a team, sure. But she is not going to convince him of that.

I'm thinking the media is going to jump all over the issue of who is the "voice of the organization". Whaley said last week he speaks for ownership. This article states the coach speaks for the organization. Look for the BN guys to drill into this issue, because although meaningless, they can use it to embarrass someone.