Top unrestricted FA to bring back

I say it is Z. Brown. He is the only guy I believe that can play the middle LB spot in McDermott's defense.

Ragland looked slow even for Rex's antiquated defense.

I like Lorax as nickel pass rusher opposite Hughes.

According to Kelso, this defense puts a premium on CB that can tackle. That might be the final nail in the Gilmore decision to let him walk. Might be easier to find middle of the road DB that can play zone and tackle.

I have to go back and watch Jim Johnson Defense tapes and then Carolina

Zach Brown seems like a WLB in most 4-3s but a 4-3 with Zone Blitzing (Jim Johnson) needs that Athletic Mike.

Unfortunately both are CB (Darby and Gilmore) struggle in Zone Concepts

I have to go back and watch Jim Johnson Defense tapes and then Carolina

Zach Brown seems like a WLB in most 4-3s but a 4-3 with Zone Blitzing (Jim Johnson) needs that Athletic Mike.

Unfortunately both are CB (Darby and Gilmore) struggle in Zone Concepts

Yeah - not a great fit for gilmore so I don't know that I'd extend him. Franchise is tough since we don't have a ton of space to get to 53. Darby might work OK - but we're going to need some work in the secondary.

Z-brown would be a solid fit as a will. Seems to fill gaps pretty well and is athletic enough - but im not giving him like... 6-8 mil a year. He fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the year.

I'd bring back lorax as D-line depth though - guys a gamer and plays teams.

Yeah - not a great fit for gilmore so I don't know that I'd extend him. Franchise is tough since we don't have a ton of space to get to 53. Darby might work OK - but we're going to need some work in the secondary.

Z-brown would be a solid fit as a will. Seems to fill gaps pretty well and is athletic enough - but im not giving him like... 6-8 mil a year. He fell off a cliff in the 2nd half of the year.

I'd bring back lorax as D-line depth though - guys a gamer and plays teams.

I dont see where Lorax fits this scheme at all. And a 3-4 team is gonna over pay him

And i also think after 2017 people will remember why Dareus got the contract he did

Edited by MAJBobby

I dont see where Lorax fits this scheme at all. And a 3-4 team is gonna over pay him

And i also think after 2017 people will remember why Dareus got the contract he did

Maj, we mostly agree again. I could see Lorax as nickel pass rusher/DE. I don't see a team giving him big money though at his age. But if he stays his biggest impact probably will be at ST's. He will look for one more payday would be my guess. Hopefully the market is cold.

Dareus will be a beast next year.

I think Ragland could be just fine in this defense playing MLB. Jeremiah Trotter excelled in this defense and he wasn't the fastest of guys. I think if Zach Brown is kept it's to play the Thomas Davis position, but I don't believe we will keep him. I think he chases the money elsewhere. Lorax could surely fit as an edge rusher in the defense. I still don't think he's resigned either. Our DT's will be good to go as long as Kyle comes back. Hopefully Dareus stays off that loud for the offseason.

I think Ragland could be just fine in this defense playing MLB. Jeremiah Trotter excelled in this defense and he wasn't the fastest of guys. I think if Zach Brown is kept it's to play the Thomas Davis position, but I don't believe we will keep him. I think he chases the money elsewhere. Lorax could surely fit as an edge rusher in the defense. I still don't think he's resigned either. Our DT's will be good to go as long as Kyle comes back. Hopefully Dareus stays off that loud for the offseason.

Washington will be fine taking Kyle's three tech if they cant redo that contract. And i dont mean extend again.

Cut the contract ans redo a 2 or 3 year deal (Kyle should be open to it)

I would not re-sign Gilmore, we will be playing a lot of zone and he's not the best player playing forwards and closing in on the ball.

Priority on these players:

Bob Woods

Zach Brown

Jerome Felton

Depth and ST guys:

Justin Hunter

Brandon Tate

Corey White

Chris Gragg

There's a lot more passing now than when Trotter roamed the middle for Jim Johnson's D in Philly. They'll spend plenty of time in nickel like all defenses do these days.

I say it is Z. Brown. He is the only guy I believe that can play the middle LB spot in McDermott's defense.

According to Kelso, this defense puts a premium on CB that can tackle. That might be the final nail in the Gilmore decision to let him walk. Might be easier to find middle of the road DB that can play zone and tackle.

Did he even practice with the team?

Did he even practice with the team?

Ragland got hurt like a week into TC, how do you know he looked slow in Rex's scheme? Theres a difference between being fast and playing fast, Im sure Ragland will be fine. Dude is 1st team All American from a winning/dominating program.

Edited by Marty McFly

Zach Brown seems like a perfect fit for this system. Sideline to sideline Lb with good cover skills and the ability to blitz. We need speed at Lb. brown is slow and Ragland, while probably quicker than given credit for is more of a thumper.

Robert Woods is a close 2nd. Our depth at WR is......well, considering we only have one WR, we don't have any depth and only 1 starter. While he's one of my favorite Bills, I don't think he's worth the money someone else might throw his way. Considering we have no idea who our QB or OC is as of now, I think we're gonna let him go.

I was one of Gilmore biggest fans....until this year. While he played much better in the 2nd half of the year (he actually played really well) I don't know how well he's going to play as a zone corner. I wouldn't mind franchising him and seeing what he can do in the system as opposed to drafting a CB high. I think he, like woods, would like to move on and see what life outside of Buffalo is like.

Ragland got hurt like a week into TC, how do you know he looked slow in Rex's scheme? Theres a difference between being fast and playing fast, Im sure Ragland will be fine. Dude is 1st team All American from a winning/dominating program.

Ragland plays fast enough to play inside or outside in McDermott's defense, IMO. It's Preston Brown that I worry about. I think Zach Brown should be a priority. I think Bob Woods will garner too much money in the open market for us to be able to compete with. After Zach, Jerome Felton and Justin Hunter should be re-signed. Hunter will be cheap, and is a good red zone target.

Ragland plays fast enough to play inside or outside in McDermott's defense, IMO. It's Preston Brown that I worry about. I think Zach Brown should be a priority. I think Bob Woods will garner too much money in the open market for us to be able to compete with. After Zach, Jerome Felton and Justin Hunter should be re-signed. Hunter will be cheap, and is a good red zone target.

Agree. Someone posted on here the tweet Zach already shouted out McDermott on his twitter handle so Im assuming hes more open to coming back to Buffalo than not.