Sean McDermott's Introductory Presser on 1/13/17 at 2 PM ET

You don't get rid of a QB until you have someone better on the roster

And maybe you hire an OC and involve him in that decision since it isn't a rush, and in the meantime keep that door open by building the relationship back after the hurt feelings of the benching.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I made the mistake of watching the press conference on wivb.com. It was unbelievably bad. Horrendous. They would cut away from the press conference to show highlights of some of the stuff they were talking about, with the audio continuing from what McDermott or Doug or Terry were saying BUT would have the audio playing from the highlights, too. So I would hear the cheers of the crowd from the stadium in addition to the press conference, which made it hard to hear at times. Incredibly poor decision and technical problem. Unbelievably amateurish.

I had channel 4 streaming along with Bills Facebook fan page. Channel 4's feed crashed 3/4 of the way through. Fortunately Facebook's didn't.

Does it concern anyone else how poor of a public speaker Terry Pegula is.

Whether it's an appearance on WGR radio or opening a press conference today, I've found him to be pretty brutal.

A part of me believes that ones ability to communicate gives you a little insight on ones intelligence and ability to asses other people, and I just wonder if Pegulas total ineptitude when it comes to public communication means anything.

Couldn't disagree more about his 1:00 appearance on WGR - he was fine! He answered questions in a calm and pretty straight-forward manner. Not sure what people are hearing...

Does it concern anyone else how poor of a public speaker Terry Pegula is.

Whether it's an appearance on WGR radio or opening a press conference today, I've found him to be pretty brutal.

A part of me believes that ones ability to communicate gives you a little insight on ones intelligence and ability to asses other people, and I just wonder if Pegulas total ineptitude when it comes to public communication means anything.

No concern for me. I don't want him to be a talking head. ESPN has enough of those. He's a businessman. That's why businessmen join Toastmasters or other organizations. A brilliant business mind doesn't always translate into a brilliant communicator. Communicating, especially on TV is a highly specialized ability. We take it for granted because of the amount of TV talent in our society, but that doesn't mean everyone has that type of training or experience.

I made the mistake of watching the press conference on wivb.com. It was unbelievably bad. Horrendous. They would cut away from the press conference to show highlights of some of the stuff they were talking about, with the audio continuing from what McDermott or Doug or Terry were saying BUT would have the audio playing from the highlights, too. So I would hear the cheers of the crowd from the stadium in addition to the press conference, which made it hard to hear at times. Incredibly poor decision and technical problem. Unbelievably amateurish.

The feed from BB.com was flawless for me. ESPN showed maybe 1/2 of it.

And maybe you hire an OC and involve him in that decision since it isn't a rush, and in the meantime keep that door open by building the relationship back after the hurt feelings of the benching.

Yeah, it's kind of shocking how many people are expecting a decision on TT at this point. Just got a coach, still have no OC.

Yeah, the ST units were not bad before last year. Schmidt and Carp probably had a lot to do with it.

I actually got to the point where I was rooting for our kick off returners to just take a touch back, because:

1) I had little confidence that we could return it at or past the 25 anyway;

2) I was afraid of a block in the back or holding penalty that would push the drive start back even further.