LA Chargers!

KDIGGZ

Here's the thing.... SD is a REGION, NOT a city... The actual "City" of san Diego is a TINY entity when compared to the region... When this so-called "vote" took place, HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF FANS WERE LEFT OUT!

Towns like Spring Valley, El Cajon, Santee, Lemon Grove, Lakeside, Rancho San Diego, Poway, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Alpine, Chula Vista... I'm sure I've left out a few!

These are HUGE communities of homeowners that consider themselves " San Diegans" -it's the "meat" of the fan-base, and the people THAT DID NOT GET A VOTE!

Wow! -I'm a lifelong Bills fan who HATES the Chargers, and to me this is really sad!

So why doesn't San Diego county hold a vote?

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am probably older than you and feel exactly the way you do.. getting sick of the greed of the NFL..

Completely agree. If it wasn't for the Bills, I wouldn't watch, and for the first time I can remember, I have no urge to watch the playoffs.

My fandom for football is really moving more toward how I feel about the NHL and MLB--where I'm much more of a casual fan who just watches my teams when they're on.

Where does it work like that??

Would all of those other cities vote on other tax hiking proposals that San Diego is proposing in the future?

I'm not telling you how it works WEO, I'm telling you how it IS.... All these communities are NEXT DOOR to each other.... Sewn together like some weird Tapestry of un-incorporated San Diegans... I didn't even mention Tijuana, MEX... Where a buttload of fans cross the border every Sunday to attend games.... Span-man turned his back on some SOLID revenue down there.... Maybe he's thinks he'll have it better... I do not see how.

So why doesn't San Diego county hold a vote?

Good question... I'll have to look into it.

Edited by #34fan

I'm not telling you how it works WEO, I'm telling you how it IS.... All these communities are NEXT DOOR to each other.... Sewn together like some weird Tapestry of un-incorporated San Diegans... I didn't even mention Tijuana, MEX... Where a buttload of fans cross the border every Sunday to attend games.... Span-man turned his back on some SOLID revenue down there.... Maybe he's thinks he'll have it better... I do not see how.

Good question... I'll have to look into it.

San Diego county rejected the proposal.

If the City of Buffalo or Erie County wanted to raise taxes for a new stadium, voters in Rochester and Ontario Canada wouldn't get to vote. You understand why, right?

San Diego county rejected the proposal.

If the City of Buffalo or Erie County wanted to raise taxes for a new stadium, voters in Rochester and Ontario Canada wouldn't get to vote. You understand why, right?

A: -Did they???.... WHO rejected the proposal? -Was it the actual residents, or was it the board of supervisors?

B: Aaaaand you still don't get it.... Rochester Bills fans DON'T consider themselves Buffalonians.. -Not even a little bit... Resident's of San Marcos CA, consider themselves San Diegans.... Residents of Escondido CA, Consider themeselves San Diegans... Residen'ts of El Cajon... -You see where I'm going with this....

It takes me roughly 9 minutes to drive from La Mesa, where my company has a facility, to the nearest point of "incorporated" SD... It's a different city. -BUT IT'S THE SAME TOWN... I'm based in Southern OC... There's tons of Charger fans among my neighbors... Drive down to Oceanside, and there's Charger stuff EVERYWHERE... The team is a part of the region's identity... As such, I think the vote should have been more regional.

Edited by #34fan

A: -Did they???.... WHO rejected the proposal? -Was it the actual residents, or was it the board of supervisors?

B: Aaaaand you still don't get it.... Rochester Bills fans DON'T consider themselves Buffalonians.. -Not even a little bit... Resident's of San Marcos CA, consider themselves San Diegans.... Residents of Escondido CA, Consider themeselves San Diegans... Residen'ts of El Cajon... -You see where I'm going with this....

It takes me roughly 9 minutes to drive from La Mesa, where my company has a facility, to the nearest point of "incorporated" SD... It's a different city. -BUT IT'S THE SAME TOWN... I'm based in Southern OC... There's tons of Charger fans among my neighbors... Drive down to Oceanside, and there's Charger stuff EVERYWHERE... The team is a part of the region's identity... As such, I think the vote should have been more regional.

You are from that area and you really don't know that the registered voters of San Diego County rejected that proposal?? Jeez, after telling you twice, I would think you would have looked it up y now!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/sports/football/san-diego-rejects-chargers-stadium.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-could-be-moving-after-san-diego-voters-reject-stadium-funding/

Annnnnd...yes, it's clear where you are going. You think voters who are not registered voters in the county of San Diego should get to vote on a tax hike in that county....because they are Chargers fans (but non-fans would not also get to vote I assume).

Holy cow...

Edited by Mr. WEO

You are from that area and you really don't know that the registered voters of San Diego County rejected that proposal?? Jeez, after telling you twice, I would think you would have looked it up y now!!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/10/sports/football/san-diego-rejects-chargers-stadium.html

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-could-be-moving-after-san-diego-voters-reject-stadium-funding/

Annnnnd...yes, it's clear where you are going. You think voters who are not registered voters in the county of San Diego should get to vote on a tax hike in that county....because they are Chargers fans (but non-fans would not also get to vote I assume).

Holy cow...

(sigh) WEO... Measure C was a CITY Ballot measure that used the COUNTY registrar of voters.. The vote was NOT county-wide.... You could ONLY vote within INCORPORATED areas of the CITY! -Go to your NY times link and click the "soundly rejected" link in the article! scroll down to the fifth tweet......

You're SO Glib, it's embarrassing.

Edited by #34fan

Sigh amazing how ignorant people are on the subject. First he already owned the land! Second he wanted ONE thing and got hem to blink. Amazing how people twist it.. then again there is a bill fan calling him a drunk and a gold digger.. even though he MADE all the money.

I apologize....to drunks....for calling Bob Kraft a drunk.

• 1 month later...

I am dying at the Chargers new season ticket policy. They play at freaking STUBHUB field!!

@fredNBCLA

#Chargers new ticket policy. You buy them you use them, not put them up on Craigslist etc. or could be revoked

http://e.chargers.com/t/ViewEmail/i/FFBC5D02F9FB3E23

Isn't this essentially what all NFL teams are doing these days?

• 3 weeks later...

Chargers reportedly close to selling out 30,000-seat soccer stadium for 2017

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/chargers-reportedly-close-to-selling-out-30000-seat-soccer-stadium-for-2017/

Evidently they have all of the tickets close to being sold.

There are 638 season tickets left in sections 107-115 and 128-136, many in the potential obstructed view rows A-D for $2,550 for the season. pic.twitter.com/hz8GXVPaWK

Im going to make this post short and sweet CHARGERS SUCK I live here, some friends were lifelong fans, burn that **** up that that bolt and BURN it...you are dead to San Diego Chargewimps...

grrrrrrr %$#@#$%$#$# .............LA doesn't want and need your sorry ass franchise or your sorry ass owner...worst in the NFL..BOOK IT

I predict ****ty crowds for a ****ty team they deserve each other HA!