Eagles interested in Sanjay Lal for WR coach (gone to Indy)

YoloinOhio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sammy's statements, to me, sound like if Lal is gone so is he...this is Sammy's last year isn't it?

Mike Rodak @mikerodak 21m21 minutes ago

Sammy Watkins, Dec. 29 on Sanjay Lal: "That's the one guy I don't want to leave. If he leaves, I don't how my mindset would be, honestly."

2 replies 4 retweets 1 like
Edited by Tsaikotic

Sammy's statements, to me, sound like if Lal is gone so is he...this is Sammy's last year isn't it?

Sammy Watkins, Dec. 29 on Sanjay Lal: "That's the one guy I don't want to leave. If he leaves, I don't how my mindset would be, honestly."

It's Sammy's 4th year in 2017 and as he's a 1st round pick the Bills should have a 5th year option I believe.

I would imagine whether Sammy stays or goes would depend a lot more on the QB we have and whether Sammy feels he has a chance to reach his potential as a WR, than on who is the WR coach next year.

Mike Rodak ‏@mikerodak 21m21 minutes ago

That's an awfully strong endorsement.

Enough already. Somebody have Sammy sit down with Larry Fitzgerald.

@adamcaplanNFL

#Eagles have strong interest in #Bills WRs coach Sanjay Lal, sources said. He would fit experienced coach that they're looking for.

Good for him. Hope he stays in Buffalo tho.

Enough already. Somebody have Sammy sit down with Larry Fitzgerald.

That comparison is valid. Sammys ceiling is Larry Fitz, that would be a great mentor for him. For whatever reason the Bills coaching wont let Sammy do those underneath routes like his bones are too brittle for it. IMO thats the only way Sammy is gonna be a HOF talent. He needs that part of his game used more. Not just a deep threat with posts or comebacks or out n ups.

Sammy don't know what his mindset would be? That is not a really strong statement for Sammy's mental health. We invested a lot in him and he has not yet proven he is worth it on the field. He is hardly in a position to make such a statement.

OK now all the Sammy apologist could attack me.

Sammy don't know what his mindset would be? That is not a really strong statement for Sammy's mental health. We invested a lot in him and he has not yet proven he is worth it on the field. He is hardly in a position to make such a statement.

it was a poor comment, and i am a sammy fan. my only guess was that it was off the cuff without thought put towards it.

Not attacking, but I heard it as just Sammy's way, without naming names, of saying he'd learned a lot from Lal and preferred him to that Syracuse WR coach who preceded Lal Sammy's rookie year. Of course, Sammy could prefer Lal 'cuz he didn't get in his face as much when he didn't fight for the extra yards that would get the first down, but I don't know that.

Not attacking, but I heard it as just Sammy's way, without naming names, of saying he'd learned a lot from Lal and preferred him to that Syracuse WR coach who preceded Lal Sammy's rookie year. Of course, Sammy could prefer Lal 'cuz he didn't get in his face as much when he didn't fight for the extra yards that would get the first down, but I don't know that.

Wasn't that Rob Moore?