St Doug officially head coach in Jax.

Virgil

So it worked. Took a couple years but ol moron wormed his way onto a staff and laid in the weeds nippin at the HC ankles while holding back until just the right moment then BAM two game interim coach had em lookin like a team that wanted to win.

Now moron and Coughlin will move on and capitalize on all Gus Bradley and Dave Caldwell's hard work.

Those two came in amd did all the heavy lifting, rebuilt the O and D with young stars and now that they are ready to play to their potential, moron gets to reap the rewards.

Jags are gonna be good, they are a running back away from competing for the division title IMO and the D will be top 5 watch.

In that division you might win it with a losing record depending on the year...

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that division you might win it with a losing record depending on the year...

Huh?

They've never had a team with a losing record win the AFC South.

Still waiting for the update on how mad Dougie is that the Jags interviewed Coughlin. What a slap in the face! :lol: :lol:

Edited by FireChan

Huh?

They've never had a team with a losing record win the AFC South.

Still waiting for the update on how mad Dougie is that the Jags interviewed Coughlin. What a slap in the face! :lol: :lol:

It's the weakest division in football top to bottom. NFC West is close after their recent decline.

I'm excited for this personally.

Not sure if it's just because this fall was very busy for me personally but this football season was kind of a dud for me. I'm usually the guy who sits there all day watching Red Zone when Bills games aren't on, but this season I just didn't find myself interested. The games did nothing for me.

I listened to almost every Bills game on the radio while I got work done around the house (which there was a lot of). So maybe it's just that I was busier than normal this fall with projects. But I just didn't miss it.

Even this weekend's playoff games didn't move the needle. I know they were blowouts, but even before they started I felt indifferent toward them. Usually I'm excited and would never miss a playoff games, regardless of teams.

Stuff like St. Doug being a coach again interests me for next season, along with whatever the Bills do. So I'm happy about it.

We all knew Doug would get another HC opportunity eventually.

But I feel sorry for Jax fans. I don't think he'll be an abomination as a coach but I do think (like many coaches) he'll eventually be fired for failing to transform the team into a perennial winner.

Though maybe he learned a lot from his mixed record of success and failure in Buffalo.

I guess we know what signs are going up in the Jaguars' practice facility next spring.

One of the best things Doug ever did.

This team of softies and babies needed to know "I tried hard!" doesn't mean you're successful. Get the job done. No one gives a crap about a 2-14 team that tried.

ESPN saying second time is the charm for Duggy, comparing him to Marv, Lou Saban and Bellycheck.

Hmmmm....Saban's second time wasn't quite the charm compared to his first time around with the Bills. 2 AFL Championships in the 60s, but only 1 playoff appearance in the 70s (which they lost). Not a charm to these eyes.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/nfl-doug-marrone-jaguars-coaching-carousel-blake-bortles-tom-coughlin-011017

That’s why it is not insignificant that Bortles had his two strongest outings of the year in Marrone’s two games as interim coach, throwing for 325 yards a 103.5 rating in the first game, and 301 yards and a 96.2 rating in the second. Nor is it a mistake that Caldwell and Marrone are now signed through 2019, which means decision time will come the year before, which happens to be Bortles’ walk year.
So we’ll see what happens. If Bortles proves 2016 was a bump in the road in his maturation as a quarterback, and starts fulfilling his considerable potential, then it won’t matter whether or not this all looked so uninspired in January 2017.
If it goes the other way, then… well, we’ll all be right back here again in a couple years wondering where Jacksonville turns next.

I am sure it had nothing to do with opposing defenses (Tennessee and Jacksonville) not being as tenuous with a number of players not wanting to get hurt with free agency coming up or players whose positions are secure not wanting to get hurt. Sometimes teams will make effort to save head coach on the ropes at end of year but this did not appear to be case here.