Chris Berman Will No Longer Cover the NFL after this Season

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm - there must be differences in the packages by region / area. The "Select" package in Columbus does not offer Sunday Ticket. Have to go to the "Choice" package.

Sunday Ticket is an add-on package to any base DirecTV package - even the hidden "Family" package. The NFL Network, on the other hand, requires choice or higher.

he lost his only inside source with the recent passing of a legendary buffalo cab driver.

Was the cab driver Ralph himself or was there someone else in the front office that specifically leaked info to Berman? I thought I read somewhere that Berman confirmed RCW after his death. Either way, its a sad day for Buffalo Sports as Berman was definitely in our corner.

That sucks. Was it NFL primetime in the 90s that Berman used to narrate the highlights of? That **** was classic.

Yup; the pre- and post- game on ESPN was good back then. But those days are long gone and Berman wasn't bringing them back.

Now they just hire no-talent people who have big mouths to scream at each other while repeating the same six highlights over and over. Unwatchable.

Haven't watched a pregame or post-game show in years.

ESPN is unwatchable with nothing but people screaming at each other to get some camera time.

My biggest problem with any of the pre-game post-game shows is the number of talking fools they need to put in any one segment. 4 or 5 people is moronic. As you stated, all they do is yell over the top of each other.

Gave up on them years ago, even during the playoffs...which sometimes can even be worse.

"Football Night In America" effectively ended the "NFL Primetime" institution anyways

That's DEFINITELY not true... how can anyone say that clown car of a show Football Night In America is better? Without Berman NFL Primetime is still better than it anyways, but I'm not watching either. After Boomer leaves, I am done.

Bob Ley

Stuart Scott

Dick Schaap

Beano Cook

Dan Patrick

Colin Cowherd

ESPN drives away or loses its best talent and chooses to hire a lot of pretty faces of both genders. Now the network's faces are Michael Smith and Jemele Hill?

Ugh. So done.

That's DEFINITELY not true... how can anyone say that clown car of a show Football Night In America is better? Without Berman NFL Primetime is still better than it anyways, but I'm not watching either. After Boomer leaves, I am done.

This.

Patrick, Dungy, and Harrison are dullards.

Bob Ley

Stuart Scott

Dick Schaap

Beano Cook

Dan Patrick

Colin Cowherd

ESPN drives away or loses its best talent and chooses to hire a lot of pretty faces of both genders. Now the network's faces are Michael Smith and Jemele Hill?

Ugh. So done.

Sarah Spain, Jemele Hill, and Michele Beadle will take it over soon.

ESPN is the absolute worst except for Lebatard show.

He didn't meet the quota for incoherent wrestler voice shouting on the broadcast.

Makes me wonder if you've ever heard him on tv. haha

Berman was very good to Buffalo, while NO ONE else in the national media never really gave a crap. Primetime in the glory years was can't miss tv. There are great replays in YouTube!

Bob Ley

Stuart Scott

Dick Schaap

Beano Cook

Dan Patrick

Colin Cowherd

Ugh. So done.

In fairness to ESPN, God made Dick Schaap an offer he couldn't refuse.

Didn't Berman coin the phrase ' no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills'?

Berman is a part of the Bills 80's and 90's success. We would go to a local sports bar to watch all the games. I would then go home and watch Primetime to see all the highlights and watch what our upcoming opponent had done.

Sorry guys, say what you will about him, but Berman will be interwoven with some very special times for me in Bills history. His bit got old for sure, but it was great .

Thanks Berman for fond memories!

:thumbsup:

Didn't Berman coin the phrase ' no one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills'?

Berman is a part of the Bills 80's and 90's success. We would go to a local sports bar to watch all the games. I would then go home and watch Primetime to see all the highlights and watch what our upcoming opponent had done.
Sorry guys, say what you will about him, but Berman will be interwoven with some very special times for me in Bills history. His bit got old for sure, but it was great .

+1

He was the best Buffalo supporter in the media - ever.