Whaley Firing is Inevitable and Pegula Needs to Wake Up

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I have known for awhile that the Bills are a poorly run organization. The emphasis they put on drafting QB's will tell you that alone. But what I saw yesterday showed me exactly why the Bills have gone 17 years without making the playoffs, and things are actually much worse than I imagined.

This organization has absolutely no structure. Yes the owner should have conversations with the coach, GM, etc, but there needs to be someone (football czar) that holds power over both the coach and GM and gives them direction. What is the direction of this team? Whaley is nowhere near ready to be the top football guy in an organization and it shows. Russ tried to prop him up when Russ failed as GM but it didn't work. Russ himself created the whole persona as Whaley being some up and comer but show me the baby as Nix used to say.

Doug Whaley wasn't "privy" as to why Rex Ryan was being fired? Well, that seems reasonable. Why would the General Manager of the team be advised as to whether the coach will be fired? "I get the directive from my owner and don't ask questions." Really??? You are trying to build a winning team but the GM doesn't know when the coach is about to be fired? Even if this is not the case and the are trying to frame it a certain way, why in the holey hell, would you want the fans and media to think the GM is out of the loop when it comes to the firing of the head coach. Poor communication is part of the problem.

What happened yesterday was one of the biggest **** shows in the history of sports press conferences. Our worst fears confirmed. The Bills are as incompetent as the continuous failure would lead you to believe.

This team needs a purge in the worst way. Say what you want about a new regime, but all of the upper management of the Ralph Wilson Era is still in place except for Jeff Littman. Russ Brandon, Jim Overdorf, Scott Berchold, etc. All the guys who have been there forever, all the guys the saw over the drought and made sure it was running strong.

Doug Whaley is the top football guy in the organization. How crazy is that? We don't have anyone in an advisory roll to Pegula that has proven anything in the NFL. Just all the former Ralph guys and a proven average GM at the very best in charge of everything to do with the team on the field. It is freaking insane and Pegula is telling us this is not dysfunctional.

Pegula is about to wast 2-3 years. We need a purge from top to bottom, and if Pegula decides after he fires Whaley in 2-3 years, that he still wants to keep wonderboy Brandon, he needs to bring a football guy with a proven track record into upper management, who can tell Terry and Kim when the old regime has no clue what they are talking about.

What the Pegula's are doing with Brandon is insulting. They are trying to wash away the Brandon stain and pretend like he has no responsibility for the drought and it is insulting to fans. Sal Cappachio flat out said on the radio yesterday, that Russ Brandon was the GM of the Buffalo Bills for a 1 1/2 years to 2 years. Whaley is an extension of Brandon. I have no confidence that he is going to field a winning football team. We are about to waste 2-3 years because the Pegula's are not willing to do what needs to be done. Before they figure it out we will be trying to keep it from getting to 25.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

Pegula's did wake up. The picked the head coach based on Russ's recommendation because Russ knew he would sell tickets. Figured out they were wrong and fired him.

Whaley is an extension of Brandon? I'd need that one explained to me because I'm not sure how the marketing guy recommending Marrone and Ryan (regionalization and big name marketing) makes Whaley an extension of him when reports are he wanted Jackson and Nix was in charge when Marrone was hired. He hasn't had his say in hiring a coach yet. Is Brandon or the Pegulas going to tell him, "Well Russ thinks this so you need to do it". I don't think they liked the way that turned out last time and are giving him the keys to the car and let him succeed or fail on his own.

This has been discussed in many, many threads but I guess reading comprehension is not one of your skills.

Sorry I do not have auto-close capability with canned response.

Damn shame, you'd be a great mod. :lol:

I have known for awhile that the Bills are a poorly run organization. The emphasis they put on drafting QB's will tell you that alone. But what I saw yesterday showed me exactly why the Bills have gone 17 years without making the playoffs, and things are actually much worse than I imagined.

This organization has absolutely no structure. Yes the owner should have conversations with the coach, GM, etc, but there needs to be someone (football czar) that holds power over both the coach and GM and gives them direction. What is the direction of this team? Whaley is nowhere near ready to be the top football guy in an organization and it shows. Russ tried to prop him up when Russ failed as GM but it didn't work. Russ himself created the whole persona as Whaley being some up and comer but show me the baby as Nix used to say.

Doug Whaley wasn't "privy" as to why Rex Ryan was being fired? Well, that seems reasonable. Why would the General Manager of the team be advised as to whether the coach will be fired? "I get the directive from my owner and don't ask questions." Really??? You are trying to build a winning team but the GM doesn't know when the coach is about to be fired? Even if this is not the case and the are trying to frame it a certain way, why in the holey hell, would you want the fans and media to think the GM is out of the loop when it comes to the firing of the head coach. Poor communication is part of the problem.

What happened yesterday was one of the biggest **** shows in the history of sports press conferences. Our worst fears confirmed. The Bills are as incompetent as the continuous failure would lead you to believe.

This team needs a purge in the worst way. Say what you want about a new regime, but all of the upper management of the Ralph Wilson Era is still in place except for Jeff Littman. Russ Brandon, Jim Overdorf, Scott Berchold, etc. All the guys who have been there forever, all the guys the saw over the drought and made sure it was running strong.

Doug Whaley is the top football guy in the organization. How crazy is that? We don't have anyone in an advisory roll to Pegula that has proven anything in the NFL. Just all the former Ralph guys and a proven average GM at the very best in charge of everything to do with the team on the field. It is freaking insane and Pegula is telling us this is not dysfunctional.

Pegula is about to wast 2-3 years. We need a purge from top to bottom, and if Pegula decides after he fires Whaley in 2-3 years, that he still wants to keep wonderboy Brandon, he needs to bring a football guy with a proven track record into upper management, who can tell Terry and Kim when the old regime has no clue what they are talking about.

What the Pegula's are doing with Brandon is insulting. They are trying to wash away the Brandon stain and pretend like he has no responsibility for the drought and it is insulting to fans. Sal Cappachio flat out said on the radio yesterday, that Russ Brandon was the GM of the Buffalo Bills for a 1 1/2 years to 2 years. Whaley is an extension of Brandon. I have no confidence that he is going to field a winning football team. We are about to waste 2-3 years because the Pegula's are not willing to do what needs to be done. Before they figure it out we will be trying to keep it from getting to 25.

As GM, Whaley has to be good at exactly two things:

(1) Acquiring quality personnel via the draft and free agency

(2) Hiring a good head coach

Is kissing the butts of the media on that list? Take another look if you're not sure.

Is speaking well on that list?

No? Okay then.

Thank you for your post. You captured the situation and the thoughts of us Bills fans perfectly.

Yes, that Pegula is doing is insulting to us Bills fans.

So many drama queens within this fanbase.

the owner fired the coach. This happens all the time.

I agree. I don't have a problem with the way the Bills are structured. The Pegula's are the CEO; and have the GM and Head Coach working for them. Could Whaley have done a better job of being professional with the media; yes...but who cares. At the end the Pegulas are letting the GM be the Personnel guy and the HC be the guy in charge of stuff on the field. They have every right to take actions on either side without having to include the other in the discussion. I am sure they have taken input from both sides (Whaley and Rex) every week during the season before they came to the conclusion. How they want to distribute the information is their style.

As GM, Whaley has to be good at exactly two things:

(1) Acquiring quality personnel via the draft and free agency

(2) Hiring a good head coach

Is kissing the butts of the media on that list? Take another look if you're not sure.

Is speaking well on that list?

No? Okay then.

So many drama queens within this fanbase.

/thread

bull ****. Get a grip. The coach reported to the owner and the owner fired him. Your points are ridiculous and wreak of paranoia.

So sayeth Jay Skurski, so sayeth the flock.

bull ****. Get a grip. The coach reported to the owner and the owner fired him. Your points are ridiculous and wreak of paranoia.

Bull** another reason that idiot Whaley needs to be cut. First should be he wanted EJ. That enough should be a fireable offense . Purge the trash.