Sully: A New Low Point For Pegula, Bills

Rico

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jerry Sullivan and the rest of the Buffalo News staff no longer cares about covering the Buffalo Bills. They are now out to hurt the franchise by stoking the dumpster fire narrative that national writers, who are too lazy to dig a little deeper, pick up on.

Local media types spent 40 minutes trying to bait Whaley into placing all of the blame for Rex onto the Pegulas. While Doug wasn't necessarily as graceful as he should have been, he refused to give them what they wanted. Now they're all pouting.

Anyone who has read any of my posts knows that I think the decision to fire Rex was horrible. I disagree with it 100% and think that the Pegulas listened to the wrong guy.

Having said that, Sully undermines his article (almost as much as Doug undermined Rex) with his hatred of the Pegulas.

Sully and Bucky have a personal enmity toward the Pegulas. It should not come as any surprise that the Pegulas have no interest in speaking to Sullen or Bucky because they will not be treated fairly by them . . . whether they consent to one or 100 interviews.

That is why they went to John W and Sal C. John and Sal may disagree but it is not going to be laced with hatred toward the Pegulas.

Sully, Bucky, and Mike H burned their bridges with the Pegulas long ago. It should not come as any surprise that they have no interest in speaking with them.

Honestly it does not matter what the Bills do

Sully jumped the shark on having a shred of integrity years ago. He is a complete waste of ink.

Anyone who does not do what he thinks is the right thing is reprehensible to him. Hey Jerry how about just reporting about what happens instead of what doesn't happen in your alternate reality

A new low in TBN ink

Edited by racecitybills

Anyone who needs to know the truth about the state of journalism and the quality of the press these days, need to read no more than this

More than once, Whaley insisted that "It's not about me." And on that score, at least, he stumbled across an unwitting truth.

This is really about the Pegulas, who continue to show a staggering lack of public relations sense and an utter disdain for the press.

So it's not about covering the team, or getting the right answers from the GM. It's all a B word session in how the owners don't like them. Really, really really don't like them.

What a bunch of rank amateurs.

No wonder Timmah couldn't take the heat of a simple little Internet forum.

The sad thing is that I have a feeling that Doug and ownership thought that they would be placating the vultures at TBN and in the twitterverse by firing Rex.

Ownership should not have listened to Doug. Little did Doug and ownership know that it would get worse . . . much, much worse.

Sullen speaks of DW talking points. How my times have I read the word "dysfunction" recently (it emanated from Sully and the guys at TBN).

How many times have we seen photos of dumpster fires today?

When all is said and done, Terry and Kim are going to think back and ask themselves who was it that they listened to and got them in this mess?

Unless Doug hits the lottery on the next coach and in the draft I suspect it is not going to end well for him. I have a vision of a new version of the Odd Couple with Doug and Darcy living together and arguing and Darcy complaining that he was fired relatively sooner even though he never foolishly gave up so much for a player like Doug did with Sammy.

So people are actually justifying/defending that awful mess that happened earlier today?

Not at all, but the problem with the Pegulas has probably been that they've been a little too hands on. Now, if the Sully types at the presser today had taken the axe off of the grinding wheel long enough to pay attention to what was going on, they may have noticed that this was potentially a sign that they are stepping back a little bit and letting football people take the wheel.

Also, in their vendetta induced tunnel vision, they failed to ask about many other aspects of the coming offseason, like our 23 pending free agents.

Also, in their vendetta induced tunnel vision, they failed to ask about many other aspects of the coming offseason, like our 23 pending free agents.

Tim Graham actually asked about that...Whaley brushed it off saying the were $30 million under the cap...