With the 10th pick, the Buffalo Bills select....

NewEra

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my list, in no particular order (most of these guys will be gone by then):

Safeties: Peppers, Hooker.

LB's: McKinley--UCLA; Williams--Bama

DE: Solomon Thomas, Stanford.

WR: Williams; C. Davis.

OL: C. Robinson.

Any of these guys I think can make a day one impact. That's what you need with a #10 pick.

I would leave LB alone this year. Retain Zach and get us a young tough strong safety that can cover TE's and be physical against the run.

Safety and WR first priority. Kicker and a special teams return guy who can also play corner.

And draft a few hot college cheerleaders, some of ours are gettin long in the tooth....

If the offense returns intact they can probably spend 2 of their first 3 picks at least on defense if they want to keep using the draft for need philosophy.

Not that excited about using a first on a smallish, non pass rushing LB when better than 50% of snaps will be in nickel or dime and Ragnuts and Pbrown will be on the roster already. Pbrown wasn't bad in Schwartz scheme, maybe he'll be ok in the next one.

I could be wrong but I don't see them drafting Foster, simply because they already have Ragland. If fact, I heard Ragland take credit for passing the torch to Reuben and showing him what has to be done at mlb.

That said, a healthy Foster might be the best lb in college. I liken him to a faster, MUCH stronger, and more violent Kiko. Reuben Foster flies all over the field on every play, and btw can blitz pretty well but is rarely asked to.

If it's olb the Bills want, I recommend Ryan Anderson. He might be available in round 2, where he would be an absolute steal. He can blitz AND cover, as you saw on 12/31.

As a 3/4 rusher, Tim Williams provides pressure on virtually every play.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I want the best safety out of Adams and Hooker. Otherwise, Mike Williams WR. Keep Tyrod, adding another solid WR should give you plenty of offense if your defense doesn't stink up the field. Every other pick can be defense if that's what the new coordinator wants

I know Bill doesn't want to hear this, but who is going to be playing CB for the Bills next year? They can't go into the season with a trio of Darby/Seymour/Robey-Coleman plus some middling vet FA who equates to a Drayton Florence-type player. They will get torched on a weekly basis.

Jackson would be a reach that I wouldn't adore at all at #10.

Agree that he's a reach at 10, but I would like him a lot in round 2. He would also return kickoffs and punts, which had been a need for a while.

Daniel Jeremiah compares him to Asante Samuels

Not saying he couldn't be a productive player, but I wouldn't want him as a high 1st round pick. He has some developing to do as a CB and frankly I'd like a bigger CB who also brings more physicality to the table.

I wouldn't waste a high pick on a WR unless we're going with an entire new offense and QB. Assuming Lynn and Tyrod are retained, I'd sign a #2 WR like Kendall Wright, and perhaps draft a TE in round 2 or 3 (it's a deep TE draft). At #10, I'd take an impact player on defense - find me the best passrusher or safety. Right now, Adams is my guy.

Deshaun Watson or Adams/Hooker/Peppers.

I'm pretty much on board with this line of thinking...

If the QB's don't fall they will grab one of the three Safeties...The Bills don't just have a need at Safety...it's more like an emergency...And I really don't think you can go wrong with any of the three... B-)

I know Bill doesn't want to hear this, but who is going to be playing CB for the Bills next year? They can't go into the season with a trio of Darby/Seymour/Robey-Coleman plus some middling vet FA who equates to a Drayton Florence-type player. They will get torched on a weekly basis.

I wouldn't mind drafting a corner, just not in round 1.

Promo addressed a possible solution above. Trading down, if we get the right offers, might make lots of sense for this team. We could use extra picks for this season and 2018.

without knowing what defense they will play its hard to chose that side. but olb or de are strong positions in this draft,, me personally ,id try for wr mike williams, or tim williams olb i think safety in a need but a 2nd rd need ,,other option might be comstock ol,or mailk mcdowell de..

Not saying he couldn't be a productive player, but I wouldn't want him as a high 1st round pick. He has some developing to do as a CB and frankly I'd like a bigger CB who also brings more physicality to the table.

He gives you an elite KR though while he develops on defense.

Here is my list, in no particular order (most of these guys will be gone by then):

Safeties: Peppers, Hooker.

LB's: McKinley--UCLA; Williams--Bama

DE: Solomon Thomas, Stanford.

WR: Williams; C. Davis.

OL: C. Robinson.

Any of these guys I think can make a day one impact. That's what you need with a #10 pick.

Why peppers and hooker and not Adams? He's the best of the bunch IMO. Hooker may be better in coverage but Adams lays the hammer down and is very good in coverage. Defiantly wouldn't want Peppers over Adams.

And at LB McKinley and Williams are both strictly 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE. We have Hughes and Shaq at 4-3 DE. I'm not sold on Shaq as a 3-4 OLB so if we go 3-4 they make sense. If we go 4-3, those LBs make zero sense. Neither can play 4-3 OLB. I think my worst nightmare is going with a 3-4 D.C. If we plan on adding a big NT, it makes more sense. I just can't stand the sight of playing Darius at 3-4 NT. It's a complete waste of our best defensive player. Add a big body next to him and let him wreak havoc as 3-4 end.

Love the WRs and cam at RT and I dunno much about Solomon Thomas so I can't comment

He gives you an elite KR though while he develops on defense.

Draft an elite KR/developing CB with our first pick. Pain