Cap Situation

McCoy closer to that dreaded age of 30 for a RB. Restructure = kicking can down road = gonna pay piper eventually

Clay knee - restructured last year not much more to do also again bad idea kicking a can down the road with a guy that obviously has an ongoing knee issue

Two horrible places to try and save 4M max and kick down the road

I now understand. If you are suggesting cutting both of them instead of re-structuring, I wouldnt be too averse to that thought. Not that I dont like McCoy (and I do not like Clay) but if it can help plug the huge holes this team has, then its a sacrifice that has to be made.

if kyle williams is not on this team next year, i am going on a bender of epic friggin' proportions.

He is by far my favorite Bill of the past decade. However, the discussion I heard was that he was considering retirement but may only return depending on the new coach and philosophy.

I now understand. If you are suggesting cutting both of them instead of re-structuring, I wouldnt be too averse to that thought. Not that I dont like McCoy (and I do not like Clay) but if it can help plug the huge holes this team has, then its a sacrifice that has to be made.

Not cutting Clay. Your married to him with his last restructure.

Also not cutting Shady he is more valuable on the TM at 8M cap hit then off the team with a 7M dead cap hit

Now Kyle is the classic restructure or cut case.

Edited by MAJBobby

I was looking at our FAs. These are UFAs in 17 Woods, Hunter, Goodwin, Tate, I think Hunter has shown enough in a limited time, but he could get a better offer. I would let Glass and Woods walk cant afford to overpay for a guy like Woods. I would resign Tate. A ;lot of safeties on that list too. God Whaley has got us in a mess. With EJ gone and if they move on from TT you have Jones as the only QB. Whaley is going to need one hell of a draft and FA scouting, Mills is a UFA. The more I think about it, we are in big trouble.

You can go back to Nate Clements. Draft high, let them walk, then use a high draft pick to replace them. Never ending cycle with CBs and the Bills.

The QBs are sparse in this draft. Trubisky is the only one graded as a first rounder and he looked average in the bowl game. The top 3 teams in the draft need a QB. There is no solution to the QB problem this year. It has been this way since Kelly retired.

Not an obvious solution. Although it is always possible one or two of the QBs in the draft turn into something.

Gilmore at top 5 CB is a non-starter. If that's the demand he should be allowed to walk. Same as Byrd was allowed to walk, and I wanted the Bills to keep him. Whaley turned out to be right about him.

Not an obvious solution. Although it is always possible one or two of the QBs in the draft turn into something.

Gilmore at top 5 CB is a non-starter. If that's the demand he should be allowed to walk. Same as Byrd was allowed to walk, and I wanted the Bills to keep him. Whaley turned out to be right about him.

Byrd is a safety. I was talking exclusively about CBs.

I was looking at our FAs. These are UFAs in 17 Woods, Hunter, Goodwin, Tate, I think Hunter has shown enough in a limited time, but he could get a better offer. I would let Glass and Woods walk cant afford to overpay for a guy like Woods. I would resign Tate. A ;lot of safeties on that list too. God Whaley has got us in a mess. With EJ gone and if they move on from TT you have Jones as the only QB. Whaley is going to need one hell of a draft and FA scouting, Mills is a UFA. The more I think about it, we are in big trouble.

There is no way we are good next year. We have to use the draft and FA to plug the holes of our 23 Free Agents; plus deal with Aaron Williams, possibly a retiring Kyle & players a year older (Corey Graham). I fail to see how we can upgrade our weak positions to get better while maintaining the status quo. This actually needs to be a partial rebuild year to set ourselves up for the future...This drought is going to hit 20 years....

Seattle has the most udfa on their team. They build through the draft and udfa. Us having 23 free agents and "limited" cap space isn't that big deal. What we have heard about Whaley is, he is good at FA and not good at drafting. It think we will be fine. I think they stat with TT. I think we sign a Loy of udfa and low level free agents.

Not much.

Lets say Gilmore deal get arounf 9M cap hit this year

Leaves 22M in space

Gilmore gets the franchised so that number is lessened.

Aaron Williams passes physical and gets released.

Eric Wood could be released.......Groy hasn't been a liability.

Those two save about $5m.

$15M is enough money to do a little shopping.

AW will retire hopefully, and we are free from his contract with no dead money right? That's like 6 mill.

Also I think we move Glenn to RT and kwanjo? To LT. That lessens the need to spend high draft pick or big money on a free agent.

No they are stuck with most of AW deal but it's like $1.5M saved.

More saved cutting Wood.

These are the kind of tough decisions that playoff teams, like the Bills should be by now, have to make regularly.

Denver and Seattle basically have OL's with nobodies across the board.

Dallas has a defense full of nobodies that Rod Marinelli coaches up.

Bills have dollars distributed pretty heavily on both sides of the ball.

Cutting Corey Graham would be a LOSS of cap space so he should be back.

Kyle Williams retiring saves $6.8M in cap space but he's still very good and maybe the only real leader on D.

Edited by #BADOL

If I'm Whaley, I'd bring TT back and let Gilmore walk. Spend first three picks on CB, Safety and WR. Use FA for OT and additional CB/Safety depth. Take a kicker in 6th or 7th round that can handle both kickoff and fg's.

Kujo LT and Cordy RT.......no FA starting OT needed.

It's been a decade plus since the Bills had to be judicious with cap space but this is the kind of moves that good teams......the kind that are usually tight to the cap.......HAVE to make.