• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny world isn't it.

FJ and Shady have had words on Twitter a few years ago

FJ and Whaley have had words on his release

FJ is my favorite player in the 17 year drought. However, I dont see how as a RB coach he will improve much with McCoy and Gilly.

Funny world isn't it.

FJ is my favorite player in the 17 year drought. However, I dont see how as a RB coach he will improve much with McCoy and Gilly.

i would say that if it happens... it would be about preparation during the season and offseason...conditioning... leadership... film study ...football IQ...mental edge...etc

Still think he'd be more of an assistant to the RB coach if hired, not the actual coach

Edited by YoloinOhio

100% that this was Rex... I don't see any other logical explanation as to why he would show up now when he had the entire season to do so.

Hiring him into a position like RB coach is something I could get behind, even though the nostalgia factor normally makes me hesitate to hire a team's former players. The man works hard, commands respect, and was a positive influence in the locker room. He was a smart player and seemed to have a natural ability to teach. Why not put him there (an area of strength for your HC anyway, in case things don't work out) and see what he can do?

Funny world isn't it.

those words were laughable.

McCoy saying bryce brown would be starting week 1 because he is that good.

Jackson. Tweeted back he and spiller might disagree.

McCoy said he forgot they were there.

Tjays all it was

I think Fred was pretty much done when the Bills cut him, but it was a bigger deal in the locker room than on the field. That said, I'm pretty sure he could have contributed more than Boobie last year and Reggie Bush this year. Just saying.

Yep. Fred would have only lost three yards instead of eight on that moronic reverse, but the FG would have been 5 yards closer, Karen Carpenter would have made it and we would have won the game and still be in the hunt. So it's Rex's fault again.

I cant think of a better move, both in p.r. value and adding a hard working, classy, tough, intelligent football veteran to your coaching staff.

PR value doesn't help the team improve. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good coach, but being a great player doesn't translate to coaching. See ' Ed Reed'

PR value doesn't help the team improve. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good coach, but being a great player doesn't translate to coaching. See ' Ed Reed'

actually this is a little different. Ed Reed was a supremely gifted player and often it is harder for those guys to teach and coach than the type of player who had to grind and fight to make NFL teams from a D3 school and UDFA.

Most former players start as position coaches, we're not asking him to be a coordinator, I'd have no issues Freddie being our RB coach if Lynn were to be our HC or OC in the next few years.

actually this is a little different. Ed Reed was a supremely gifted player and often it is harder for those guys to teach and coach than the type of player who had to grind and fight to make NFL teams from a D3 school and UDFA.

I love Fred, but he was a very gifted player in my mind. He always excelled. It's just that he didn't fit the mold as far as recruiting goes. Never played a down in the NFL that didn't show he deserved to play. Full playing career- he's a all time great.