Timeframe for new HC hire?

grog

Do you hire quick like we did with Marrone or hold out like we did with Chan Gailey?

I think Lynn is likely to get the job. The big question is who will be DC?

Why this conclusion? He has not even been interviewed yet for the HC opening.

I hope it is a slimmed down candidate list this time. The mistake they made last time in my opinion was interviewing too many people. The Pegulas were treating it like a roadshow. I think they interviewed 12 or 13 totally different personalities and skill sets. That is not the way to do it.

Work out what you actually want and are actually looking for and then draw up a list of candidates that fit that person specification.

I hope it is a slimmed down candidate list this time. The mistake they made last time in my opinion was interviewing too many people. The Pegulas were treating it like a roadshow. I think they interviewed 12 or 13 totally different personalities and skill sets. That is not the way to do it.

Work out what you actually want and are actually looking for and then draw up a list of candidates that fit that person specification.

and you know this how? To many?

and you know this how? To many?

Because it demonstrated that they had no idea what they were looking for. I mean how can you interview Rex Ryan and Kyle Shanahan on the same search? They are polar opposites in almost every way.

Focus on the type of person you want running your team.

Do you hire quick like we did with Marrone or hold out like we did with Chan Gailey?

I think Lynn is likely to get the job. The big question is who will be DC?

Or quick like sexy Rexy. However long it takes keep Russ and the Pegulas as far away from the process as possible.

Top Candidates likely include:

Mike Smith: if Tampa does not win this weekend, they are out of the playoffs (last time I checkeck). Likely interview him next week.

Kyle Shanannahan: should get an interview, but may be more sought-after for LA/SD, etc. Would be nice to get him and have Kyle, his QB Coach as OC, and keep Kromer.

Lynn: clearly, this could be done instantly. But I think the Bills interview a bunch of people anyway, even if he is their top choice. While he has "interest" from other teams, unlikely he is at the top of any teams list.

I don't see either McDaniels or Patricia being a canddiate for the Bills job. Perhaps McDaniels, but is he a better candidate than Smith or Shannahan. I also don't see Haley considered for the Bills job, although Whaley has connections to the PGH orginazition. And Haley knows how to get playmakers (i.e. Watkins) the ball.

I'd say about a month until they officially announce their coaching decision. I think it coudl be either offensive or defensive tilted. If they don't go w/ Lynn, they need a guy who can implement an offense. Hopefully we keep Kromer regardless of the result.

Because it demonstrated that they had no idea what they were looking for. I mean how can you interview Rex Ryan and Kyle Shanahan on the same search? They are polar opposites in almost every way.

Focus on the type of person you want running your team.

I agree with this approach. Type of person you want (likely an Shanahan type this time) and find that person. I think those types include: Shanahan, Lynn, McDaniels, and Smith. Detail-oriented coaches who are tough, but get along with the players.